Having To Date Again After 6+ Years

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Enjoy being single...That is where I am at right now...nothing too serious...

:)

one site I found to be great was plentyoffish.com .....well for meeting new friends and what not..and free.

:) need more goths on there..definately!

That site is horrid. I checked it out some time back. I didn't stay long.

I just don't like dating because it's always one of the following...

they try to continuously make you compete with other guys,

they're empathetically dead and don't care what someone else feels,

they only want money,

they're fucking batshit insane

they can't get past the 7th grade mentality

*edit*

oh yeah, one more thing... people now a days don't realize their worth/place. Nothing is a bigger disinterest than trying to talk to someone who tries to make you work harder than what their worth... it's like trying to make you spend $20 for a $5 cheesburger in terms of effort. Most people really do need a reality check and realize they're not some diva or don johnson and get reacquainted with reality

Thank you so damn much. I hate sig others who are all "well I'm your boyfriend/girlfriend you're supposed to do this, this, this and this!" I always tell them "dude, I am required to have sex with you and not cheat on you. Anything after that then you're spoiled. :laugh:" Now really, I'm not that harsh (I do treat boys to the best of my abilities, since some are dickier than others that occasionally hinders my abilities) but usually it gets the person to STFU for two seconds and realize they aren't God's Own Cousin.

For all ridiculousness, I had a friend who even broke up with a guy because he didn't buy her a FOUR HUNDRED DOLLAR necklace for her birthday. THAT...is disgusting AND out of hand. He really loved her too, was totally crushed after.

So, I will leave you with a quote from Carlos Mencia toward all of these snoody ass daters who have a little kid mindset and expect Christmas on every fucking date:

"You're the best that I could get and I'm the best that you could get and we both realized it at the same time"

Girls, you are not no diva, if you were you'd prolly be on TV, and guys, working a full-time job and having a roof over your own head is no reason to get cocky and think you own everything, alot of people work and have houses.

I'm the last person who should be giving anyone advice right now, but I have to agree CC isn't the best place to start looking. I'll give you the advice that I plan to give myself in a couple weeks when it's started to sink in that I even am single again; just get out and do stuff and meet people, you never know what might be around the corner.

On another note, reading this thread as a woman kinda really creeped me out.

Um, yeah.

that doesn't stop me, i laugh right in their face and walk off! Speaking of wich... me and some friends have sat down and made a top ten list of all the traits a girl looks for in a guy here in america these days...

1)lack of a job

2)lack of hygene

3)lack of decent looks even if person had good hygene

4)lack of good personalty, or just lack of personality all together

5)lack of self worth/self respect, and lacks respect for others

6)must be drunk and/or druggie

7)maturity level may never pass the 6th grade level

8)must have no future

9)must have no hope for a future

10)most likely sucks at sex

Number 10 and 3 on your list...I must disagree with your threories. You also forgot to add the part about him being similar to Johnny Depp (or whatever your tastes) with a massive dick. Number 6 on your list is one of those fringe benefits because then you get free drugs. Everything else, was freakishly accurate, you really know women apparantly :rolleyes::tongue:

From what I've observed in my 22 years of living, I must say that most men that think they are attractive aren't. Also most men that think they have money don't. Most men that think they're all talented and shit suck at what they do. Also most men that think they're some catch, are fairly mediocre. Are you starting to get my drift?

All the guys in the world are so confused because it's like they don't know they're one of those guys, oooooh the situational irony. Alot of boys have such egos they can't see past their own to figure out that they're one of the loooser guys too.

Note: This obviously doesn't go for all guys, there's some real winners out there, sometimes taken by women already, but they are in existance.

Okay to add in like a few others, be yourself and relax. Don't be creepy / desperate. Make friends and you'll find yourself dating after while.

Don't hate this thread cause I'm creepy! Oh, and for my next creepy trick I'll do a creep poll!! :peanutbutterjellytime:

...hmmm wait that kinda creeped me out!! How about a "Who's the biggest DGN creep!".....although after this thread I might be number 1! Seriously , I don't usually post threads like this so I blame all the creeps on DGN for rubbing off on me! j/k!

Joking aside: My problem isn't being a deperate/creepy type but pushing people away/aloofness.....some may disagree but thats because you know me already or I drank too much wine and talked my ass off. I'm usually a lone wolf.

You also forgot to add the part about him being similar to Johnny Depp (or whatever your tastes) with a massive dick. Note: This obviously doesn't go for all guys, there's some real winners out there, sometimes taken by women already, but they are in existance.

foiled again by my teenie weenie!! cursed sausage!!!

Don't hate this thread cause I'm creepy! Oh, and for my next creepy trick I'll do a creep poll!! :peanutbutterjellytime:

...hmmm wait that kinda creeped me out!! How about a "Who's the biggest DGN creep!".....although after this thread I might be number 1! Seriously , I don't usually post threads like this so I blame all the creeps on DGN for rubbing off on me! j/k!

Joking aside: My problem isn't being a deperate/creepy type but pushing people away/aloofness.....some may disagree but thats because you know me already or I drank too much wine and talked my ass off. I'm usually a lone wolf.

or whos the most hated person on here,LOL!!!since there is so much hate on here by a few lately,

or who should be killed off,LOL!!sorry bout the thread jack,could'nt resist,LOL!!

or whos the most hated person on here,LOL!!!since there is so much hate on here by a few lately,

or who should be killed off,LOL!!sorry bout the thread jack,could'nt resist,LOL!!

God I really hope no one posts any polls like that or the mods delete right away....kinda harsh.....besides I might feel slightly bad if my name ended up on that poll.

Don't hate this thread cause I'm creepy!

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I didn't find you creepy, I found the general opinion some of the men here have toward women creepy.

We've all known/dated undesirable people, but sweeping generalizations bother me. There are women out there who treat men like shit, and there are women out there who don't. There are men out there who behave the same ways.

Besides after a certain point it's your fault if you allow someone whom you're dating to keep treating you badly. Don't hate half the population if you've got a chip on your shoulder because you didn't stand up for yourself in the first place.

I can't speak for anyone else, but personally I didn't find you creepy, I found the general opinion some of the men here have toward women creepy.

We've all known/dated undesirable people, but sweeping generalizations bother me. There are women out there who treat men like shit, and there are women out there who don't. There are men out there who behave the same ways.

Besides after a certain point it's your fault if you allow someone whom you're dating to keep treating you badly. Don't hate half the population if you've got a chip on your shoulder because you didn't stand up for yourself in the first place.

how's that saying go " Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me"

Wow, there's some very interesting replies in here. Think I'll go with the original plan of hanging out, rocknroll, booze, sex and cocaine....j/k about the last part :peanutbutterjellytime:

damn Im fucking old.

so what yrou sayin is that if a dude pays for your meal then he's supposed to get some?

in fact now that I think about it, there are a couple of ladies in here that I've bought Bray's and breakfast for....dammit somebody owes me some poon apparently.....

and if the guy you go on a date with is someone you have to worry about because he bought your Mongolian Barbecue, well then isint he exactly what you DONT want?

now obviously I am loyal to The Lola and I dont qualify, but still I have many times bought dinner or breakfast or whatever for a friend, and even back in my slutty days I did that, when all i meant by it was "hey I dig you have some grub".... did doing something "just because" fly out the window and now everythign is a pressure filled unspoken agreement? Cause if I were dating again Id sure be sending out some mixed signals.....

I said i don't want there to be any mistakes.. no mis-communication..

And the whole "guy i have to worry about" .. won't ever happen, it's not easy to get me to go out..

thank goodness I'm happy with where i'm at right now. :)

Okay to add in like a few others, be yourself and relax. Don't be creepy / desperate. Make friends and you'll find yourself dating after while.

Maybe it's cause I know Daevion, it didn't creep me out. *Shrugs*

I agree with Tygerlili.. you guys talk a lot of shit, and I've seen some of you crumble at the site of a pretty face.. haha Just an observation..

You talk cynically and act optimistically.. I guess it's okay. :)

how's that saying go " Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me"

Wow, there's some very interesting replies in here. Think I'll go with the original plan of hanging out, rocknroll, booze, sex and cocaine....j/k about the last part :peanutbutterjellytime:

Never can understand why ppl like to ass-ume,other than that

I myseld will not ever trust many PPL iin society ever,let alone there is nothing wrong with not trusting most ppl.comes with the territory

BTW "Coke ADDS LIFE"NOT!!!!!

Never can understand why ppl like to ass-ume,other than that

I myseld will not ever trust many PPL iin society ever,let alone there is nothing wrong with not trusting most ppl.comes with the territory

BTW "Coke ADDS LIFE"NOT!!!!!

Well I see nothing wrong with sticking your neck out just a little bit for new people. I've said this before but it fits in so many situations, to include this, so its worth saying again,

From best friends, to worst enemies, they all start out the exact same way, as strangers.

Though there are some very common traits and some very obvious signs that you can distinguish and get a relatively good idea of what someone is like after first meeting them, there's still more to that person whether you wish to pursue or not.

General food for thought for anyone who wishes to read below;

I know I'm an average Joe, I've no problem with that. I've some money, to give myself enough comforts in life and what not, but what really grinds my gears is average Janes talking down about average Joes.. same level people, you're not better than the next.

It's hard enough to find someone as it is that you can get along with, being confused about yourself or acting like somebody else (a fake) make this relatively impossible. I did like the post you wrote steven about finding someone while you're being an improvement to yourself. That can increase the odds.

I think a big thing that helps is to just simply be yourself though. And I don't mean to make it sound like a chiche thing your parents would say to you as a kid.. it really does help. Fuck trying to be Mr. or Mrs. Popular. I'm not trying to attract Mrs. Popular, Mrs. Popular has bags and bags full of bullshit and drama most likely. For If i'm myself, then the traits I portray will attract someone who's traits are similar and will in turn attract me. If I pretend to be somebody else, then I'll attract people that may be better for that alter ego and not that good for me.

Archived