• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, where do I begin?

1. The really great & unusal ppl that I converse with.

2. The openmindness of everyone here.

3. The great MODS who make sure that no riff raff come to ruin the fun for us.

4. Finding that there are ppl here that have some of the same tastes in music & movies as me.

5. The interesting, serious, and funny topics on here.

:happydance

When I can think of more, I'll let ya'll know. :thumbsup:

Oh that and i've met a HUGE number of nice folk via this place. Honestly how i could possibly have met this many friendly, open-minded souls any other way im not sure.

That is true. i often wonder how that can happen.

Because it's like being in a different place w/o having to pay for the fuel

I know the feeling... being in the south away from Detroit and the goth scene this board helps alot.

makes me tinglely in that special way!

I wonder if everything makes you tinglely in that special way?!

Besides which, if i didn't belong to this board... i would have lost contact with so many people... coming back helped me find some of them again and i am not sorry to belong to this board.

Most of the people I have met on this board are fun loving goth people that are not depressed and wanting to kill themselves all the time. I like that... Some of the people have been sweet to me when i needed them.

I am rarely able to describe days/nights as 'One of the best days/nights of my life'. Very rarely. But one of those days/nights was on Friday the 13th of April last year (I do believe, I'm bad with remembering dates). It was the first 'Freak Friday Karaoke'. A DGN event hosted by Marblez. So, I think that explains another reason why I love DGN.

I am rarely able to describe days/nights as 'One of the best days/nights of my life'. Very rarely. But one of those days/nights was on Friday the 13th of April last year (I do believe, I'm bad with remembering dates). It was the first 'Freak Friday Karaoke'. A DGN event hosted by Marblez. So, I think that explains another reason why I love DGN.

That was so awesome to read. Not that I am taking credit - it was all the wonderful people that showed up!! But good to hear anyway!

Great people who are fun, intelligent, diverse, accepting, thought provoking, laughter invoking, hug giving, supportive, open-minded and just a nice bunch all around. Not to mention a good looking, attractive lot (especially one in particular :whistle:)

Edited by SuZQZ

DGN has been an outlet for me

DGN has given my support and good will in the past

DGN has enabled me to meet many new people

DGN expanded my musical tastes

DGN is just as it, one of my favourate forums

Well put, sums its up for me also. But conversing with all the beautiful people on here(esp. the women).

It's all true!! I wish you were still hosting them...the music selection kinda sucks now and the DJ wouldn't let us play our own music :(

Sorry to hear about that...not sure why Rick wouldn't allow you to use your own discs, hmm. And the selection should have been the same till about 5 weeks ago when I picked up the last of my discs.

• 6 years later...

I love DGN because it prevented me from committing a most selfishly final act of self loathing from which there is no return. I never imagined that a place like this even existed which I found strictly by accident while surfing the web in a pit of despair and confusion.

Now I use DGN as a platform for expressing whatever comes to my mind because I feel it is better to get it out than to keep it in...yeah because that worked so well...This eventually lead to "BOARD DOMINATION WEEK" where I make a game of hijacking the entire DGN forum for one week a month just for the fun of it.

VIVA LA DGN!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Holy smoke-a-reenos! I remembered my password, LOL!

After two years of not logging in, I wanted to take a peak at what was going on. There seems to have been a stirring on another site which peaked my curiosity. I thought I may be enterning the Mouth of Madness, but am I really just entering the Mouth of Haggis?

I love all of the people that I'm still in contact with from here, and I can truly say that even though I have met a few down right dirty buttholes, most of the people here have been truly wonderful, and I'm proud and greatful to have them all in my life.

And TronRP, you are such a refreshing burst of light and energy. I remember you posting over two years ago, and you're still going strong. YOU are the reason DGN stays afloat. I still hope to meet you someday. :)