Baby Names

sinmantyx

Don't forget "Hey You"...

I'm not a fan of long winded names. I'd drop one of the middle names if he were mine.

My girls both got named after they were out of the womb. We had a short list to choose from but thought that it would be a good idea to spend a little time with them before making a final decision. I'm French-Canadian so one daughter got French names... their mom is Irish so the other got Irish names.

As in Frothi Gütness, mayhap?

edit: whooooa shit i just looked "gütness" up on google cuz it didn't appear to be caught by the spellcheck and i was thinking "wtf kind of a word is that" and it came up as a FAMILY NAME.

like. as in immigration record. oh my god. there could be a "frothi gütness."

That's just too funny!! :thumbup:

My vote goes to : Tyr Arthur Aanerud; I think Try is a great first name.

Ditto that.

I wanted our son's name to be Leland Aristotle ... but then you know Leland CC!!! WTF was I thinking. I still like Leland, but I'm glad I didn't name him that.

It is Keegan Aristotle Insert last name here ...

Thats my baby (well one of them atleast, the other will never grow up and leave him, I'm happy to say I'm kind of stuck with him forever =).)

Leland is an awesome name, but I really like Keegan Aristotle - that is the best! It's a good thing I'm not having kids because I would totally steal those names! :cheerful

Ditto that.

I wanted our son's name to be Leland Aristotle ... but then you know Leland CC!!! WTF was I thinking. I still like Leland, but I'm glad I didn't name him that.

It is Keegan Aristotle Insert last name here ...

Thats my baby (well one of them atleast, the other will never grow up and leave him, I'm happy to say I'm kind of stuck with him forever =).)

I wanted to name my first child Lucas Mathieu (said just like Matthew, just the Scandinavian spelling to go with the "u" in Lucas) ... however, my long awaited little boy ended up being a little girl. They told me all through my pregnancy SHE was a HE.

So two days later, my little Lucas became Emily LeAnn ... then with my other kids, my ex wouldn't allow the name Lucas. :cry

I wanted to name my first child Lucas Mathieu (said just like Matthew, just the Scandinavian spelling to go with the "u" in Lucas) ... however, my long awaited little boy ended up being a little girl. They told me all through my pregnancy SHE was a HE.

So two days later, my little Lucas became Emily LeAnn ... then with my other kids, my ex wouldn't allow the name Lucas. :cry

Wow...that must have been a shock! Trust me, there is no doubt that I'm having a boy. "It" was quite clear.

We had our girl's name picked out for a while actually, because we were planning on adoption right before I became pregnant.

You're X didn't allow "Lucas"? Huh. I'm actually a little worried that my husband isn't more involved in the naming process. All the ideas so far have generally come from me. I'm certainly allowing him "veto power" though.

Wow...that must have been a shock! Trust me, there is no doubt that I'm having a boy. "It" was quite clear.

We had our girl's name picked out for a while actually, because we were planning on adoption right before I became pregnant.

You're X didn't allow "Lucas"? Huh. I'm actually a little worried that my husband isn't more involved in the naming process. All the ideas so far have generally come from me. I'm certainly allowing him "veto power" though.

They showed me "it" everytime I went in. I had a lot of problems through my pregnancy and ended up with ultrasounds a lot ... and hospitalizations ... and medications ... but anyway ...

Yep, they told me SHE was a HE. I bought all blue ... being my first child I had no back up name or anything. My mother had to go buy a couple dresses before we left from the hospital just so she could go home in something that wasn't blue. Her carseat and EVERYTHING was blue ...

They also told me HE was very small, I'd be lucky if HE would be 5 lbs. Their standard procedure was under 5 lbs. 4 oz. goes straight to NICU for evaluation, so they were preparing me.

When she was born they said "It's a GIRL!" I was like ... "What?" Then they weighed her and said "7 lbs. 4 oz." and I turned to the nurse and said "Are you SURE that's MY baby?" ... they all started cracking up. She did have to go to NICU, but it was a breathing issue that caused it.

... Second time around I only had two ultrasounds. They told me both times I was having a boy, but we were prepared that time when another SHE was born. ... I switched OB's right after that and had 4D ultrasounds where I DEMANDED the tech's show me IT with my last two, who were/are most definately boys.

They showed me "it" everytime I went in. I had a lot of problems through my pregnancy and ended up with ultrasounds a lot ... and hospitalizations ... and medications ... but anyway ...

Yep, they told me SHE was a HE. I bought all blue ... being my first child I had no back up name or anything. My mother had to go buy a couple dresses before we left from the hospital just so she could go home in something that wasn't blue. Her carseat and EVERYTHING was blue ...

They also told me HE was very small, I'd be lucky if HE would be 5 lbs. Their standard procedure was under 5 lbs. 4 oz. goes straight to NICU for evaluation, so they were preparing me.

When she was born they said "It's a GIRL!" I was like ... "What?" Then they weighed her and said "7 lbs. 4 oz." and I turned to the nurse and said "Are you SURE that's MY baby?" ... they all started cracking up. She did have to go to NICU, but it was a breathing issue that caused it.

... Second time around I only had two ultrasounds. They told me both times I was having a boy, but we were prepared that time when another SHE was born. ... I switched OB's right after that and had 4D ultrasounds where I DEMANDED the tech's show me IT with my last two, who were/are most definately boys.

Wow...I would switch OBs as well. I'm pretty sure it's not a "thumb" or something because it is quite distinct in one of the ultrasounds (basically detailed enough to be quite certain). I'm trying to stay relatively gender-neutral with my purchases. However, the older ladies at the baby shower certainly gave him many very boyish things.

I'm actually having another ultrasound today. Wish me luck and a strong bladder.

Two girls and two boys? That sounds nice. At some point I said that my baby must be a boy because I had a girl's name picked out and Murphy's Law demanded that a boy would be conceived.

I think its an excellent, strong name. I knew as soon as I had my daughter that I'd name her either Bella or Sophia. Once I held her I was like 'Yeah, she's a Bella' and Marie as a middle name for her fathers grandma. If she had been a boy, he would have been Andrew John _____ the 4th, after his father. But if I ever have anymore kids, Spike for a son, Fiona for a daughter. I really like those ones. But Im going on......I think you picked a very neat name!!! :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

I think its an excellent, strong name. I knew as soon as I had my daughter that I'd name her either Bella or Sophia. Once I held her I was like 'Yeah, she's a Bella' and Marie as a middle name for her fathers grandma. If she had been a boy, he would have been Andrew John _____ the 4th, after his father. But if I ever have anymore kids, Spike for a son, Fiona for a daughter. I really like those ones. But Im going on......I think you picked a very neat name!!! :happy:

Thanks. We still may change our minds, but I'm becoming accustomed to it. I actually called his cousin Gabrielle to make sure it was cool with her. We got her blessing. That was one worry I had; that our family would be a bit weirded out to have two cousins with similiar names.

I just wish I could ask him if he was keen on it! I suppose he could go by one of his middle names if he felt like it. That's what my Grandmother (on my dad's side) did. I didn't know what her first name was until a few years ago when my aunt did a genealogy report and I asked, "Who the heck is Dorine?"..and everyone laughed at me. :)

Archived