Work Rant

So, I tried finding a topic along the lines of a general ranting and venting about work issues and I couldn't find one. Hopefully there actually isn't a topic like this already in the pantheon of DGN topics. Anyhoo, I kinda need to vent about work stuff and maybe you do too. So here's my vent:

I have become the personification of evil for a coworker and I don't know why.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

thank you for listening and have a nice day.

I have become the personification of evil for a coworker and I don't know why.

AAAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Find some hot guy and screw his brains out. You'll feel a lot better. Trust me. Take all your frustrations out with hot aggressive sex. It's great therapy. They don't call it "the rape EEEE!" for nothing. :wink

I hate wasting my time on the families that don't give a shit - I'd prefer to have less cases, but more visits with the families that actually want my help. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.

Like today, I wasted my time doing an assessment and behavior plan for a family that can't stand that they have a disabled family member (they are ashamed) and don't care to do anything for this person. This takes my time away from writing an great plan for and working with a family that will actually use it. Grr.

I have had my dilemma for the day as well. Being a driver going into the office, I have realized that I started to become a company guy and not listening enough to my drivers. So after a couple of rants I decided to stick my neck out a bit more to equalize their pay some more. They were complaining that since I took over the office they have had a substantial paycut. What happened was that the past managers paid the driver 40 hours a week straight up on top of their mileage pay they do for the week. They were used to this before I took over so I decided to try it out myself to see if that gets some of the frustration out and more work. It will be interesting esp with one driver seeing as his revenue on his truck is half that of my top employee. I told him there will be no more bitching, and more working in order to get this automatic 40 hours a week. That means if they do a lot of mileage in a week, that they could be making somewhere near $1000 a week. I better see an about face in their demeanor from now on. That is my rant lol.

A couple of my rants are that the nightshift will barrow the gage blocks from my work station to do a set-up on their machine and not return them to my area,considering we sign out for them.

And the VP has no clue at all on manufacturing/controls.this idiot needs to go,considering he brainwashed the owner.these are my two rants for the week.

Why does your insurance cost so much?

Because they use premium to send undeserving agents to Europe all expenses paid.

And offer new cars, and gift certificates.

For agents that write a lot of policies....usually to people that aren't suppose to HAVE policies.

Because they lie, forge, and have 'relations' with our underwriters.

Which causes rate to go up in the long run.

=)

This isn't so much a rant, but...

My friend Amy came into work today with her diary from when she was twelve years old. If you've never read a twelve year old's diary, I highly recommend it. It says very funny things like "I love Jimmy. He's SOOOO cute." and then the following day "I hate Jimmy. I hope he dies. I love Jeron."

My personal favorite was "I love Yoshiki. His eyes look like this \ / "

So, Amy tells me to copy a couple of the pages and take them home to show Guy.

So, I'm at the copy machine copying what is VERY OBVIOUSLY not work related, it is after all, pink and fuzzy with the word 'DREAMS' in rhinestones. Then, silently, Captain Fun walks up to me. He's the VP of Finance. We call him Captain Fun for the same reason that bald people are called Curly. So, Captain Fun, in his smart Brooks Brothers suit, looks down his nose at me and says in his condescending voice, "What are you copying?"

Okay, think, Sass, THINK! Be cool, above all else, BE COOL.

So, I turn around, walk a few steps toward the table that has birthday cake on it and WITH MY BARE HANDS shove an entire piece of cake into my mouth. It's a big piece, too, so it doesn't really all fit into my mouth, so I'm sort of like, punching it into my mouth. There is a large glob of frosting now above my upper lip. And this is cake, it wasn't meant for punching, so it's crumbling in my bare hands, and now I have large chunks of chocolate cake rolling UNDER my shirt, and into my cleavage. And I am just standing there staring at him, pointing to my mouth, like "Oh, I'd tell you ALL ABOUT what I'm doing, but I'm having a little nosh right now."

He's still staring at me.

I've almost finished eating the cake.

I haven't thought of anything. I'm starting to panic.

So I do the only thing I can think of. I shove an entire other piece into my mouth.

The panic is now turning to hysteria. There isn't much cake left, and I'm starting to feel a little sick.

Finally, after watching me finish nearly TWO pieces of cake, Captain Fun shakes his head at me and walks away.

And, that's not even the worst part. The worst part of this whole story is that after he walked away, I thought to myself 'Whew! Good thinking on that one! That could have turned really bad! You're a clever little cupcake, aren't you?'

And it wasn't until I returned to my desk and began picking clumps of chocolate cake out from between my breasts that I began to think that, perhaps, just perhaps, this was a very poor career move. :wallbash:

And, my tummy still really hurts...

New CEOs who are crazy children.

Primarily, right now, my biggest gripe about work is constant interruptions -- I literally have to hide in my headphones not to be knocked out of my zone every five minutes when one of the CEOs walks past and screams at someone, yells in a teenage falsetto (amazing for a 40-year-old I suppose), or beats on a nearby wall/window/cubicle...

Then again, this is partially my fault for having an office right across from that of the CEOs... So, here I am, I have SpayDay to handle, people want donations, they want me to put stuff up on Earths, a newsletter, and I need to make everything look pretty for PetSMART who might just be giving us a lot of money to look cool and sparkly.

Needless to say, I am so grateful for my current boss (the new Director of my division) because when I return to Michigan she will fight tooth-and-nail to prevent anyone from trying to fire me.

Ah, co-location.

omg sass... i'm still squealing... did you seriously do that?

Oh, I VERY seriously did that. If there is one word, actually, that would describe my demeanor as I was punching cake into my face, that word would be 'serious'.

Captain Fun is the guy that I trip in front of, while standing perfectly still.

When I am talking to my sister on the phone and I am saying things to her like "oh my God! You didn't know that Alanis Morisette's song was about Dave Coulier?' THAT is when I turn around and Captain Fun is in my cube.

I can't explain it, but something about that guy, I don't know what, maybe it's that when he walks past a tree it shrivels and dies, maybe it's his black soulless eyes, maybe it's his awful haircut, I don't know, something about him makes me all jittery and I end up doing really stupid things.

(All of this is true by the way, except for the trees shriveling thing, I've never actually seen that, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption)

Oh, I VERY seriously did that. If there is one word, actually, that would describe my demeanor as I was punching cake into my face, that word would be 'serious'.

Captain Fun is the guy that I trip in front of, while standing perfectly still.

When I am talking to my sister on the phone and I am saying things to her like "oh my God! You didn't know that Alanis Morisette's song was about Dave Coulier?' THAT is when I turn around and Captain Fun is in my cube.

I can't explain it, but something about that guy, I don't know what, maybe it's that when he walks past a tree it shrivels and dies, maybe it's his black soulless eyes, maybe it's his awful haircut, I don't know, something about him makes me all jittery and I end up doing really stupid things.

(All of this is true by the way, except for the trees shriveling thing, I've never actually seen that, but I think it's a pretty safe assumption)

Oh. My. God.

WHICH Alanis Morisette song is about Dave Coulier?????

:laugh: I wish I had that on video.

No, really, you don't. You think you do. But you don't.

Oh. My. God.

WHICH Alanis Morisette song is about Dave Coulier?????

You don't know EITHER?!?!?

Cut from Wikipedia:

Things changed quickly when a Los Angeles DJ from an influential radio station began playing "You Oughta Know", the album's first single.[4] The song instantly garnered attention and a subsequent music video went into heavy rotation on MTV and Much Music. The subject of the song, an ex-boyfriend (widely rumored to be Full House actor Dave Coulier),[3] became the most guessed-about antagonist since that of Carly Simon's "You're So Vain".

Dave Coulier, since he's from Detroit, used to get interviewed on Detroit radio all the time about it.

Archived