Livin' with a herrrnia!

SomeDanGuy

So, I have an inguinal hernia. "What is that?" you ask. Well, let's just say that some of my intestines decided to head southward and get a taste of life in Scrotoville. ....yeah. So, that's fun. It doesn't hurt of anything, but it's kind of weird.

The fun part is that this was my first diagnosis. Anatomy class came in handy :)

The un-fun part is that I get surgery on Tuesday. It's general anesthesia, so I don't know when I'll be up and about. If I post anything bizarre on Tues or Wed, blame the painkillers. ;)

Ouch! My younger brother had that when he was less than a year old. Good luck guy.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, the intestines basically follow the same path the testicles took while 'descending'. (The inguinal canal)

Things should go fine since I'm 'young and fit' but it's general anesthesia, so there's always some risk. I'm not too worried though.

My poor brother had tickets to visit me for his spring break, and now he gets to take care of me post-op. Sucker!

All I do is grunt and groan

Hurts me to walk anywhere

Went to see my physician, Dr. Jones

He took my trousers off, told me to cough

{Doctor says there ain't nothin' to discuss}

He tells me any day I might have to wear a truss

{Living with a hernia}

All the time, such aggravation

{Living with a hernia}

Gonna be my ruination

{Living with a hernia}

Got to have an operation

Feel so old

Too much bad pain

Good gawd, drives me insane

Can't run, barely crawl

Got a bulge in my intestinal wall

Walk real funny, bless my soul

Can't play tennis and it's hard to bowl

{You can't even do the splits now...Better call it quits now}

I'm sick of all this dancin' anyhow

get better, man... =)

I'd prefer to have a hernia there rather than the abdominal wall. By the way, I am living with one in mine. It reared it's ugly head while I was pregnant and could do nothing about it. It acts up every now and then but it is getting better.

So where exactly will the incision be? Do they have to umm...remove anything to get to the right spot? Stitches or staples? They'll probably have to shave you ya know :blink:

:clover: I'd wish you good luck, but you'll do fine.

good luck with this. my son was born with one. well they *think* he was born with it but it was not caught for quite some time. he had surgery when he was under 1 years old just like sooth's bro. i wonder how different it might be from being an infant to an adult having one?

Well it's over and I'm fine. I don't have much pain at all really, but if it picks up, they gave me a whole bottle of vicadin to take 'as needed'. :) Thanks for the words of encouragement ya'll.

And EVEN BETTER: Comcast finally came and I have an internet connection back at home!!! soooo excited!

Archived