what are you doing right now?

paradox

On 11/12/2016 at 3:48 PM, Troy Spiral said:

The key message is a quote from the bible pretty deep/not easy to grasp:

'7 A good name is better than good oil, and the day of death is better than the day of birth.  2 Better to go to the house of mourning than to the house of feasting, for that is the end of every man, and the living should take it to heart.  

3 Better is distress than laughter, for the sadness of the face makes the heart better.  4 The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning, but the heart of the stupid is in the house of rejoicing.

5 Better to listen to a wise man’s rebuke than to listen to the song of fools.'

(No im not a bible thumper but its pretty interesting/deep at times)

I know I am probably going to get a lot of flack for this, but these verses actually make more sense to me than most things I have ever learned in all my years of Church and Catechism. 

If our final destination is to be the Kingdom of Heaven, then clinging to materialistic wants and desires of the flesh is meaningless. Your actions should be of righteousness and righteousness should be associated with your name for when you die, that is all you take with you. When one shows true emotion in the face of hardship and sadness, it is the truth of the soul - an expression that can not be faked.

There is an underlying believe that when we die, we are released from the pains and suffering of the body and reborn to the Kingdom of Light. But many will wonder why were they born in the first place. We are given this time here, tasked with the purpose to share our light with those souls who are lost from the path of righteousness or seeking companionship with those of likemindedness. When our light goes, it is up to those left behind to pick up the mantle, so they must learn well from those who have gone before them.

...but that is just how I see things...

2 minutes ago, TronRP said:

I know I am probably going to get a lot of flack for this, but these verses actually make more sense to me than most things I have ever learned in all my years of Church and Catechism. 

If our final destination is to be the Kingdom of Heaven, then clinging to materialistic wants and desires of the flesh is meaningless. Your actions should be of righteousness and righteousness should be associated with your name for when you die, that is all you take with you. When one shows true emotion in the face of hardship and sadness, it is the truth of the soul - an expression that can not be faked.

There is an underlying believe that when we die, we are released from the pains and suffering of the body and reborn to the Kingdom of Light. But many will wonder why were they born in the first place. We are given this time here, tasked with the purpose to share our light with those souls who are lost from the path of righteousness or seeking companionship with those of likemindedness. When our light goes, it is up to those left behind to pick up the mantle, so they must learn well from those who have gone before them.

I like the way you put this.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 9:02 PM, TronRP said:

Oh yeah, I been thru the Catechism years and survived.

Currently taking a break. I've done all I can do for now...anymore and my hands and feet might fall off from the cold. The Genkan Cats appear to be enjoying all of my hard work. They couldn't wait to start tearing everything up. :cat::cat::cat:

:heart:

Taking a break from cooking tonight's dinner and dinner to have in a day or 2 or 3 depending.  4lbs of taco meat and 3lbs of meat for spaghetti sauce which is simmering the seasonings in.  It will simmer for a few hours tonight.  Roommate has the car so stuck home but don't have to go get him at 2am.  Now to find a way to kill time.

Trying to calm down after having the shock of my life in a dream.  I don't know who I was or where the house I was in existed.  All I know is I woke up curled on a bed that had a knitted navy blue blanket.  The interior of the house was dark.  A woman was there who apparently took care of me.  She spoke to me with a firm but gentle voice.  I don't know how I got to it, but I found myself looking out of a window on the right side of the house.  There was nothing but flat, gray dirt with shattered concrete and rocks all the way to the base of a gray and white stone mountain base.  There were no trees so I couldn't tell how far away it was. Everything blurred.  Suddenly I was looking out of the window on the left side of the house.  I don't know how I knew what side of the house I was looking out of... I just knew.  I was expecting to see my neighbor Sharon's house but the neighborhood was wrong.  There was devastation for miles.  Nothing but shattered concrete and stone.  The treeline was so far away that I couldn't identify the type of trees standing there.  I nearly screamed, staggered backwards gasping.  The woman taking care of me took me gently by the arms, saying, "You already knew about that", as she guided me away from the window back into the darkened house.  The shock woke me up.  I am trying my best to completely calm down.  Writing this is helping a lot.  I can still see the areas in my mind's eye.  Whoever the woman was, she was apparently elderly.  Her movements were all careful and deliberate.  I wish I had seen a mirror so I could have seen her face but it was too dark.  I never saw the face of the woman taking care of me, nor the face of the man whose voice I heard in the room speaking to my caretaker as I was waking up.  All I know is they were familiar to her/me. 

I'm finally calm now.

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic