what are you doing right now?

paradox

Just got back from the mall, now going to watch some DVDs (to include Resident Evil: Extinction, The Dark Knight, and maybe RHPS.

Also letting my computer do conversion of .avi files so I can port them over to iTunes and my iPod (all 200 episodes of Bleach,) in high res. Only finished 90 so far.

Edited by StormKnight

I just looked outside ... at the fog.

Oh well, at least it's supposed to be WARMER tomorrow. Like a WHOLE LOT warmer.

Buh-byeeeeeee to most of this snow!

About to put my children to bed and figure out the VoD situation for tomorrow evening.

VoD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, I'm giddy at the prospect that I might be able to rescue our other two vehicles from the depths of our backyard, where the snow was to deep, then iced over to encase them!

Ditto. I can't wait to get rid of Mt Fuckmore that formed (courtesy of the DPW plows) at the bottom of my driveway. I had to jump that thing like Evel Knievel earlier today!

and at holiday time....Can you say "chaos". They drop like flies. Something tells me my CPR and ACLS skills will be used, probably more than once, during this stretch.

Wishing I had not been right about that.

There's nothing like hearing and feeling the cracking of ribs as you start CPR...on Christmas morning

One day down, 3 more to go, I am hoping I was wrong about the "more than once" part.

Medicating so I can sleep tonight

F*ck, I hate when I'm right! This time it was MY patient, I was right on top of it, giving the atropine while still just a slow heart rate in 40's and had a pulse...lost the pulse, had to do CPR(again), another epi and some atropine later, an we had a pulse again. heart was beating again, we had a blood pressure, and, well , we shoved a tube down her throat and put her on a ventilator, so she wasn't blue anymore. She's alive. This was at the end of my day.

At the beginning of my day, I walked into a grieving family whose loved one just died, that I knew quite well and was quite fond of after taking care of them last week quite a bit.

And I still have to go back the next 2 days! :no

So, I am sitting here, alone, in my empty house, drinking liquor so I can try to sleep tonight, so I can go back and do it all over again, wishing I wasn't so independent.

Ditto. I can't wait to get rid of Mt Fuckmore that formed (courtesy of the DPW plows) at the bottom of my driveway. I had to jump that thing like Evel Knievel earlier today!

I know the feeling. They seem to have plowed only half of our street so my car has been regularly pulled over to the side in the snow bank that became an ice bank. That was after me and neighbours were able to rescue it from the depths of the backyard where the other two still are.

I had to shovel through that crap so Phee could get in the house. It was bad enough trying to walk through it, but to have to crutch through it??? Yikes.

F*ck, I hate when I'm right! This time it was MY patient, I was right on top of it, giving the atropine while still just a slow heart rate in 40's and had a pulse...lost the pulse, had to do CPR(again), another epi and some atropine later, an we had a pulse again. heart was beating again, we had a blood pressure, and, well , we shoved a tube down her throat and put her on a ventilator, so she wasn't blue anymore. She's alive. This was at the end of my day.

At the beginning of my day, I walked into a grieving family whose loved one just died, that I knew quite well and was quite fond of after taking care of them last week quite a bit.

And I still have to go back the next 2 days! :no

So, I am sitting here, alone, in my empty house, drinking liquor so I can try to sleep tonight, so I can go back and do it all over again, wishing I wasn't so independent.

*HUGS* Coming to grips with that kind of grief just shows your a compassionate soul. I'm sure that this family, that you've come to have known, is thankful for that compassion, and you for giving their departed loved one the tender and kind care that you did. Just know that you've made a difference, and helped someone prepare for their time of transition. :grouphug

*HUGS* Coming to grips with that kind of grief just shows your a compassionate soul. I'm sure that this family, that you've come to have known, is thankful for that compassion, and you for giving their departed loved one the tender and kind care that you did. Just know that you've made a difference, and helped someone prepare for their time of transition. :grouphug

+100000000000000000000000

:grouphug:

• TronRP locked this topic
  • TronRP pinned this topic