Top 30 Most Dangerious Cities In Us

Gothmama25

Heh.. flint, that's where I grew up... It's sad, everyone in flint tries to be hard like Detroit, while every white boy AROUND flint, tries to be hard and talk thug and dress thug... but won't ever go to the peirson and dort intersection in my car dressed like that lmao!

Years ago I had a guy try to mug me in Portland. And I had a guy run up to the car and yank on the door handle as well in an intersection in Portland. Both were stopped by me being a jerk and A: using my skateboard as a weapon, and B: stomping on the gas and blowing the intersection.

Now On my first night at the Lab on a wed (a long long time ago). I got real drunk on the $1 vodka crans. I woke up the next day with all four doors of my car open, the keys in the ignition and me sleeping in the back. My stereo was there, my CDs were there, there was still $$$ in my wallet, and I was still alive.

And they say Portland is safer than Detroit?! Fools!! :hrhr:

(needless to say I never took more than $20 to Lab after that.)

(Oh and about the doors being open....I do weird things just before passing out.)

Years ago I had a guy try to mug me in Portland. And I had a guy run up to the car and yank on the door handle as well in an intersection in Portland. Both were stopped by me being a jerk and A: using my skateboard as a weapon, and B: stomping on the gas and blowing the intersection.

Now On my first night at the Lab on a wed (a long long time ago). I got real drunk on the $1 vodka crans. I woke up the next day with all four doors of my car open, the keys in the ignition and me sleeping in the back. My stereo was there, my CDs were there, there was still $$$ in my wallet, and I was still alive.

And they say Portland is safer than Detroit?! Fools!! :hrhr:

(needless to say I never took more than $20 to Lab after that.)

(Oh and about the doors being open....I do weird things just before passing out.)

You, sir, are my new hero.

And Billy... can you maybe like... scale down your sig a little, too? =) Every time it loads on a DGN page it makes my monitor blow up and I have to replace it with one from the cloning device. It wouldn't be a problem, but every time you clone something its DNA strands weaken and can yield unpredictable mutant results.

Note that "Detroit,MI" being 2nd place does mean just that .. Detroit proper , not the Detroit Metro Area. Troy, MI is actually listed as the 5th safest city in the US to live in.

The metro area reported as Detroit - Dearborn - Livionia is actually the NUMBER ONE most dangerous metro area in the USA.

The Data they base the rankings on is fairly subjective but also genrally accepted. (Such as auto theft being a measure of "safety" :

[Categories]murder, rape, robbery, aggravated assault, burglary and motor vehicle theft.

All cities of 75,000+ populations that reported crime data to the FBI for the six crime categories were included in the rankings. In this year’s survey, 371 cities were considered for the award. Final 2005 statistics, released by the FBI on September 18, 2006, were used to determine the rankings.

Partially we are limited becasue we dont have as many large cities of 75,000 or more like some states do, even though we have many cities with very low crime rates. We also dont have that high of a murder / rape rate but have a very high auto theft / aggravated assualt rate and all the catagories are weighted equally. Most of this comes from the poorest areas of the metro area which most of the people reading this dont live in.

Here is the website for the actual report that they release every year:

http://www.morganquitno.com/

I'm a nerd and have links to global data about religion / crime / population and such in my favorites and browse through it often. I find this sort of info about "real life" more interesting than say brittney's latest love interest heh. The Top Safe/Unsafe info is fairly widely reported and the "Morgan Quinto Awards" is the source they usually use.

A few other good statistics sites that help put things into perspective:

Geohive

Geohive.com

Easiest / best one i know of for worldwide statistics is Geohive. Many of the sites can get really longwinded and a pain in the ass to navigate.

US Census

http://factfinder.census.gov/home/saff/main.html?_lang=en

Bitch of a site to navigate if you start at the mainpage and a bit confusing until you stare at it for a bit. The "factfinder" page is a bit easier to start with. Unfortunately the Census is not permited by law to ask about religion so you have to get that data from geohive or other places, but it has MEGA detailed info on just about everything else. You could spend a lifetime just browsing this monster.

Archived