Whats Your Excuse For Not Going To Cc On Saturday ?

Troy Spiral

91 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The beauty of City club is that no matter how old / fat / ugly / stupid you think you look, someone will ALWAYS look worse.

/snark

Soooo yeah.. and why does it matter anyways. I never go in there to pick people up or get picked up. I go to hang out with cool people (lovely on the outside or not) and dance my ass off.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do try to make a realistic assessment. Its obviously going to be a matter of opinion, but its pretty clear who the "hotties" are and who the "seadonkies" are... unfortunately.

Try as we might to preach that looks don't matter. They do. And in any social context there is a sort of collective agreements to what is attractive and what isn't. Frustrating but true nonetheless. Random "its in the eye of the beholder" cuteness not withstanding. Of course thats not the ONLY thing that matters, but it is clearly high up on the priority list.

I think we live under this collective agreement to lie to ourselves when the subject comes up, but in reality its crystal clear how important physical appearance is. There's tons of flowery words to make us feel comfortable with it, but in the end its just a cold fact. :confused:

I stand by my original post. You're cute. Try to talk me and anyone else out of it all you want, but you're cute. And THAT, sir, is just a cold fact. :p

Wanna know something? When Guy first met me I was at the fattest I ever was in my whole life (current pregnancy excluded). Like THE FATTEST. Ugh. AND, I had a mullet. This was like six years ago, when even hockey players had no excuse for such bad styling. Apparently, when you go to Fantastic Sam's and ask them to trim the ends, they read that as 'mullet' and snip accordingly, but I digress. It was then, with my fat rolls and hacked hair job that Guy asked me out. At my absolute ugliest, that's when Prince Charming rolls up in his Chevy Nova (it could go zero to sixty in like fifteen minutes, what girl could resist?)

All I'm saying is you're being too hard on yourself AND everyone else. You think everyone out there is just going to judge you, and they're not. City Club is WAY too self-absorbed for that anyway.

Besides, everyone likes you and wants to see you. You're a popular fellow. Give the masses what they want.

Okay, I"m done now.

The beauty of City club is that no matter how old / fat / ugly / stupid you think you look, someone will ALWAYS look worse.

/snark

What she said. :thumbsup:

Of course looks matter. But there's no universal definition of "hot". Plenty of people will think you're hot the way you are, even if you're not at what you consider your best form. It's fine to want to be at a healthy weight and to work towards it, but that doesn't mean you're not hot in the meantime. I'm not skinny by any stretch, and I would like to lose some weight, but a lot of people seem to think I'm hot anyway. And you know what, I agree with them.

:bow

Of course looks matter. But there's no universal definition of "hot". Plenty of people will think you're hot the way you are, even if you're not at what you consider your best form. It's fine to want to be at a healthy weight and to work towards it, but that doesn't mean you're not hot in the meantime. I'm not skinny by any stretch, and I would like to lose some weight, but a lot of people seem to think I'm hot anyway. And you know what, I agree with them.

Word!

The thing about appearance... when discussing how someone looks, any statement should be preceded or followed by "to me".

You're hot! To me.

To me, your hair looks awesome!

To me, she doesn't look that great.

Eh. Negative statements, yeah, but to me, it's awesome to tell someone he or she is just GENERALLY hot. <)

Eh. Negative statements, yeah, but to me, it's awesome to tell someone he or she is just GENERALLY hot. <)

Sometimes people ask questions and if you want to answer truthfully.. making it about your point of view allows them to understand that it's just that.

1. i don't typically have Sat. off, hencefore, i never go.

2. if i did have a chance to go, no one would want to go with me.

3. i kinda don't like to be in places by myself... it's hard to get use when you constantly have someone around then *poof!*... you're by yourself.

Check that, posting #2 just ensured that you'll get offers.

As for me, I go once in a while, but I don't make it the habit I once did. I need to effect some serious changes in my life before I make City Club--or any club, for that matter--a regular event, again. On the other hand, for all its flaws, there is something creepy and yet immensely satisfying, about walking into a near-empty CC right at ten o'clock, wandering out onto the dance floor, and knowing the entire thing is, for a few brief minutes, yours and yours alone.

Oh oh...

One of my many bullshit excuses is that i look like shit.

I think i used to look decent (like in my profile picture) but now i look like this fat fuck here:

gallery_43_2_1109734793.jpg

So its kind of depressing to be seen in public. =/

Honey, you are one of the most handsome men I know. Now shut up.

• 3 weeks later...

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>Other (Explain): The 741 mile drive. :wink:

When we were living downriver, we went pretty regularly on Saturdays, even before that was designated "DGN Nite".

If we didn't go, what would keep us from going would include: a strong, hermetic pull to "just stay home"; not feeling up to dealing with the reek of cigarette smoke in the air, our eyes, our hair, and our clothes; and one very valid reason you left out altogether: financial inability.

Upon our return to Michigan, we will more than likely return to a weekly Saturday night CC fixx.

</span>

hey it's nearly the same amount for me... 529 miles about 12-14 hours drive with a child... when i was in michigan and had a car i was down there often.... next time i come up i am planning on going on both friday and saturday

• 10 months later...

I'd be there every Friday and Saturday night if I could, but I don't like going there alone. I'm only "able" to go when my friends go. Perhaps I should overcome this fear and go without them. :happy:

You can always get a ride from a member going and know you'll be hanging with friendly people.

So far finances. Its looking like I'm gonna be one of the every-other-weeker kind. And I'm semi-addicted to going when I have someone to make out with and grope while dancing, if there isn't someone to do that with then the appeal isn't there as much.

You can always grope me when I'm there. I'm always gropeable to the ladies.

I don't go, because I don't have a ride, I don't have any $, and I don't have any friends who are willing to let me bum off them (and believe me, i don't blame them there) :p so yeah... there ya go... in a nut shell :)

wait, i forgot to add that even if i had all that, i still don't have any good club clothes. :(

Edited by GothicRavenGoddess

Go nekkid.

and would your sexy self be my personal body guard all night? hehehehe.... considering I wouldn't even make it out of the car before being arrested... :p

I DO have some new paisties.... lol

BUT i don't have the body to walk around with hardly anything on... mybe in my own home and with a lover I trust, but not in public....