What Exactly Makes One A Vain Stuck Up Bitch?

I was thinking about your problem yesterday when I suddenly remembered my friend Elle.

I first met Elle in...92 I think, and for the next four years, since we travelled in the same circles, we saw eachother quite frequently. I never quite understood what my friend Steph saw in her, but she was Steph's friend, and so of course, I was always polite and sweet and interested in what she had to say. I found her nearly intolerable, but there was certainly no reason to let her know that, so I continued to be exceedingly friendly.

Fast forward to 98 - she had moved away for a couple of years and then, on some random Thursday night, I ran into her at the bar and we got to chatting.

After a brief catch up, she said "Y'know, I know back when I lived here you thought I was the greatest thing ever, and I'm sorry I never befriended you while I was here."

And I said "Actually, I thought you were a bitch. I was just being nice to you."

And she said "Really? I thought YOU were such a loser, and I was just being nice to you!"

We both told stories that started with "Do you remember that time you ____? "

And the other person would say "Did I REALLY do that? Oh my God! No wonder you thought I was a bitch!"

We laughed until we cried. She offered to drive me home but instead we somehow convinced eachother that going to Graceland would be a better idea. So we went, and have been inseperable ever since.

I know everyone already said that you might actually like her, but my point here is that you might not like her at ALL right now, but you'll change, and so will she. You don't know what you (or she) will be like in ten years. It is absolutely worth it to shut up that voice in your head and be exceedingly nice to EVERYONE at ALL times. Don't burn this bridge.

Oh, and I have to agree with you - being kind to someone you dislike is NOT called "two-faced". It's called graciousness and it's a skill I think the whole world would do well to learn.

+1

Heres something to think about??:

The earths most beautiful plants are the most toxic, poisonous.

Take the Monarch, one of the most beautiful butterflies.....is poison.

The tiger....gorgeous animal. But extremely lethal, violent, fierce.

Angelina Jolie, gorgeous, but a homewrecker, slut, (but also a humanitarian?? - where do you draw the line) :shock::whistle:

Then, you got a kiwi friut. Brown, ugly, furry (looks like pubic hair) but on the inside its sweet nectar, and health within.

Or, other ugly friuts....some of the earths healthiest foods...and Tasty!! :drool

Some of the ugliest insects are the key to the chain of life....

Some of the ugliest dogs are the sweetest and most loyal.

To me, this speaks very loudly on how we should view beauty.

What is on the outside should not account for what is on the inside....at all.

Heres something to think about??:

The earths most beautiful plants are the most toxic, poisonous.

Take the Monarch, one of the most beautiful butterflies.....is poison.

The tiger....gorgeous animal. But extremely lethal, violent, fierce.

Angelina Jolie, gorgeous, but a homewrecker, slut, (but also a humanitarian?? - where do you draw the line) :shock::whistle:

Then, you got a kiwi friut. Brown, ugly, furry (looks like pubic hair) but on the inside its sweet nectar, and health within.

Or, other ugly friuts....some of the earths healthiest foods...and Tasty!! :drool

Some of the ugliest insects are the key to the chain of life....

Some of the ugliest dogs are the sweetest and most loyal.

To me, this speaks very loudly on how we should view beauty.

What is on the outside should not account for what is on the inside....at all.

easy for you to say, your cute.

Just wanted to point out that's not really a requirement, but it is a nice thing to do.

I just hate it when people tell me I'm required to do something. I'm not required to do anything. I'll decide if I wish to or not based on how I'm feeling at that moment. I also believe that the same thing goes for everyone else.

Hmmm...I think you're right. It's not like you'll get kicked off the planet if you aren't nice. I think I needed to phrase that better. No one is required, you're right. I should have said it differently, such as this "It is in YOUR OWN best interest to be nice to everyone" So, though not strictly required, just a very, very good idea.

Archived