CASP @ the Necto and IMPORTANT QUESTIONS

Jinx

Last night CASP did a a performance to one song around midnight. Monday nights at the Necto are your nights not mine. It is you who drive out to Ann Arbor every week to make this night what it is. While we are in our first year we are going to continue to try new things to offer you to make your night better. What it all comes down to is this. It's your night . What do you want? More guest DJ's, less guest DJ's, CASP, more drink special, perhaps pony rides on the back patio it's your call but only if you speak up here and tell me.

We will be starting on the FEB 28th to be opening at 9 instead of 10 in the hopes that some of you might be more willing to come out if we were open earlier and you can get your drink and dance on and still be in bed by midnight. We are also starting very shortly OLD SCHOOL INDUSTRIAL ONLY in the Red Room. ( No extra charge for the red room) The final details have not been worked out as of yet on such little things as who will actually be DJing the Red Room. I spoke with Saint and Crashsite 68 last night. I was asked to get demo cd's from DJ's who might actually want to play just that format downstairs. If anyone is interested in this PM me. You will need to have a cd ready by Friday to submit for us to hear. We want to get jumping on this ASAP. Final details have not been worked out but we will be doing drink special between 9 -10 so kick ass that you will be compelled to make to trip down early. Any other ideas please post here. I need your help to make this night better. Post your suggestions here or clowns will eat your parents.

JINX

Jinx, Please respond to my inboxes and PMs regarding the DGN event on the 28th.  We are ready to print the flyers - and behind on that as it is since we have been waiting for these questions to be cleared up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I did reply and never heard back from you. You have the event listed wrong email me at dj.jinx@gmail.com when it is a good time to talk. We have to change the way you have it set up. It is going to be a great event but get in touch with me.

JINX

Jinx,

I have been coming to Factory know for the better part of six months and I can say that it has progressively gotten better almost every week. Coppertops appearance a few weeks back was by far the most fun I have had at the night thus far. That being said, I'd like to see more guest DJ's but you might want to clue them in a bit on the regulars musical preference. The club seems to be a lot happier when you stick to more EMB and synth, though I prefer a good mix of industrial and even some old school Goth in the mix. Opening the club a bit earlier might be nice for all the locals that want to get out early so I can see that, perhaps changing the drink specials up a bit might help a bit as well. Personally I have no problems making the commute from Lansing following the night that is, unless Becky has bankrupt me.

I would like to see some more advance notice on upcoming performances. I missed CASP last week and have been curious to about them for sometime. Maybe you could help integrate the red room into the normal club night somehow? I see a lot of people congregate at the bottom of the stairs to talk all the time and they frankly get in the way of the restrooms. Maybe opening the red room up with a lower key atmosphere might be good especially for those of us out their trying to make new friends. If you want any more thoughts ill be more then happy to talk with you Monday night. Also if you put together regular event flyers and what not, emailing them out on a mailing list might help garner more interest. I have been getting a lot of people out in west Michigan interested in The Necto and would like to see maybe some more official communications. I know Becky put together a mailing list some months back but I haven’t heard hardly anything from that announcing what’s going on.

Keep the night going Jinx, thanks for all your work on this.

~TLS

I havent been down there in awhile so im not sure what the "current status" of the place is, but generally, between myself and a few friends, we always felt what "the goth/industrial night" at the Nec was missing, wasnt particlary anything >inside

People like to drink cheaply , and they like to hear crowd-pleasing "Anthems" that is, 2/3rds EBM and 1/3rd tradtional goth/industro crowd pleasers.

Im not sure you really need to many gimicks, just play solid crowd pleasing sets, keep the booze prices under control and keep the word out. The more hardcore music fans among us (myself included) tend to be the most "vocal" about what music they want to hear, but we account for a small portion of the overall clubbers. Often i think DJs (myself included as well) sometimes tend to be influnced to heavliy , by a small, vocal group of "cool kids" rather than play was "best for the majority", which can tend to work against getting more asses in the door.

In the past, practially lived at the neck ( i used to go like 4-5 times a week, and was there on friday night, (during "the sludge club" downstiars) days pretty much come hell or high water. The first time i ever heard "goth/industo ish" music was downstairs (then called The Nectarine) 10 years ago.

The only complaints i ever really heard about the place was the occasional asshole bouncer, and the occasional wise-ass DJ playing thier personal "impress the cool kids" sets rather than the crowd pleasers. I personally prefer the more obscure stuff, but i also know what can drive the $$ away.

Myself i never really felt that the club needed anything "extra" , it just needs people to know its there, and that it >will

Couldn't agree more, special events are alright, but it really drives up admission costs. Yet at Mephisto's we currently get way more people on a Saturday when admission is 7 bucks than a weekday when it's 2-3 bucks.

I think it's cool if it doesn't affect the price in any way shape or form, and there is no announcement of their skits because I hate that (and cringe every time I do it, I don't want to know it's going on just do it and be done with it).

Archived