City Club Aftermath, Satuday, February 5

Jarodaka

It was a weird night. There was a large influx of tourists, white trash, and people desparately trying to dress fetish and failing. Music was ok.. the pipes wern't frozen, and it was warm inside. Overall vibe was good, if not less "goth" than usual.

I saw few people I knew really. They were:

Luluvox

Nodrew

I think I saw The Lord Shaper but he was moving at speed. *L*

I think it's time to take some time off from City Club. I had fun, but not alot of fun.

This is only the third time I had gone, I went a couple times a while ago. Actually, it seems more friendly than I remember.

Maybe this is because I ditched most of the people I came with and danced alone. There seemed to be more mingling. One of my friends would not go, because he said he wasn't into the whole elitists clickie thing (he used to go years ago)....so perhaps City Club has become more accepting over time?

There were more "tourists" than I remember, which a couple of my friends were. They did enjoy themselves, just taking in the whole atmosphere.

Of course, I did fail to recognize the "white trash" and desperate people failing to properly dress fetish.

Although I very much enjoy seeing gothic fashion done well...and I've noticed a very marked tendancy toward asian themes as of late (which is my fave)...I remember when gothic-punk was the new thing. In most places at least, it was about expressing yourself and doing something creative, as opposed to doing it "right". Fetish seems to have more confines (get it, confines...I'm so witty), but I enjoy going to clubs where the regulars are creative, friendly and diverse....as opposed to isolationists carbon-copies of some self-perpetuating "movement".

So, in that respect........last night was a blast for me. :)

Good song variety as well. Many of those songs are played on digitalgunfire regularly (an internet radio I listen to alot). Love the German stuff. It would be nice to hear some Japanese-gothic/industrial music perhaps Psydoll? (http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/PSYDOLL/)

Yeah I was at CC this past Saturday and had a terrible time. I got there with a few buds didn’t see anyone I recognized and spent too much at the bar only to get very, very sick. I still don’t remember most of the evening as I ended up passed out in my car. So once again I have learned the folly of my alcoholism. Damn it, this always happens when I’m at the club with no one to talk to. It’s always a bad idea to take friends who are dating. You get so ignored.

As to the night, the music was decent, the crowd was as always a quagmire or conflicting people and the atmosphere seemed good despite some people acting awfully thuggish. I ended up I’ll prior to last call so I was out early. Sorry if i missed anyone.

On a related note, I think after last night’s debacle I shall be abstaining from drinking for some time. I know everyone says that and never keeps it so I’m going to simply cut back. Please if you see me out and about, introduce yourself and give me something to focus on other then the bottom of my glass. this little problem is getting serious I think.

Nienna its too bad I missed ya, I really wanted to meet you.

~TLS

It’s always a bad idea to take friends who are dating. You get so ignored.

Nienna its too bad I missed ya, I really wanted to meet you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ah yes... I know this feeling. Well... Next time you go let me know and I'll try to find you. I did want to meet you too. Being one who has fallen into the "drinking to stupid excess all the time at City Club" thing in the past, I understand your situation better than I'd like to.. I'll try to distract you next time.

Archived