Arthritis

Brenda Starrr

I have osteoarthritis with a degenerative disc in my lower back. It got to the point that 1. My Dr prescribed Motrin 800's and gave me a script for 90 pills with a refill in 30 days. Guess the Dr expected me to need 3 a day, fooled him, had most of those left after a year. At one point I could not stand for prolonged periods otherwise the disc compressed and I would be in major pain, too the point of tears at times. I just monitor what I do, avoid lifting too much weight and give my back a break. One time while working at media play I felt something like an explosion and pain radiated throughoput my back and my legs went out from under me, like I was paralyzed. That was a little over a year ago. After leaving them, I haven't had much of a problem at all lately. Guess what I am trying to say is that you will find a way to work with it, will learn some do's and don'ts and may even get it to settle down to a point where it won't be much of a problem. Just knowing it's there can make one nervous. Sorry if I hijacked this thread but I felt I should fill you in on my situation so you would know I do have a good idea of the problem. There will be good days and bad. Heating pads help, a gentle massage can work wonders, a hot shower, hot bath. You'll find what works for you and ways to work around it and in time, you'll hardly know you have the problem. My Dr recommended back exercises to strengthen the muscles so they can support the injury relieving pressure on it. Hope this helps some. PM me if you have any questions.

i wish i could help you with some answers but i just don't know?? i myself have arthritis in my back, spurs, my pelvis is tilted, twisted and cracked. and i have sciatica. if you find something that helps you let me know! i want to try it too! so far all i do is go to the chiropractor. i used to get massages which helped but i can't get them anymore. i use to go to P.T. too. i also stretch and take it easy on the really "bad days" (like today. it rained like crazy and i hurt like crazy)

hang in there brenda. i hope you get some help for this.

Hey us old crips aren't all bad.

We're a guarantee for being patient...we can't fucking get up!

Yeah babes I have this also and all I'm told is to keep exercising and keep it from worsening.

Yeah...it hurts to work it but man, take serious advantage of that PT! It's awesome and they'll likely make you sweat like a whore in church!

Archived