Wanted: Speakers

SomeDanGuy

Anyone know of somewhere I could find some cheap speakers? Like either the shelf or floor-standing kind? I called a few pawnshops in my area, but it seems like they all only sell jewelry. And I don't think it's garage sale season really.

So do you know of any thrift stores or some place else where I should check? Any and all help is appretitated, thanks.

what kind do you have in mind?

how much are you willing to spend?

I have some Roland speakers but I don't think I want to sell them. If I did sell them it would be for $25 or something like that but I actually like them quite a bit, I just need to upgrade to something bigger soon.

As for pawn shops, there is one on m59 in Pontiac that probably has speakers but that place is a bit of a rip off. You pay only slightly less than retail for a lot of the stuff.

A Cash Exchange (586) 792-2274

36487 S Gratiot Ave, Clinton Township, MI 48035

i have been to this place several diffrent times althought not recently and i have seen speakers in there i am not sure about price or anything i just know i have seen them here. as well as snow blowers bikes tools guns jewelry they have like everything

Ron's Pawn Shop (586) 776-1890

26359 Gratiot Ave, Roseville, MI 48066

i have not been in this place in years but i know from peaking in the window as i drive by they have a little of everything they even had this ugly 4 ft stuffed animal hanging in the window for the longest time. I think this place might also sell cars and buy them.

if i think of anything else i will add later

Thanks for the help guys. I had forgotten about Craig's list. Hmm...

I'm looking for something pretty cheap actually. I found some acceptable ones from assorted online clearance stores for $40, and I was wondering if I could beat that.

I will check out your assorted suggestions, thanks.

I purchased a pair from Radio Shack waaaay back in 1990 that only now took a dump from being stuck in all sorts of bad temperature/humidity situations.

They were remarkably good for the price, size, & basic "Radio Shack" reputation. Good, steel cases with metal mesh grills, handled bass surprisingly well, clear sound.

I doubt I paid more than about $40 for the pair - you might want to see what they have to offer these days.

Too bad it's not yard sale season right now. We have a pair of Technics floor speakers we paid about $15.00 for (the pair). They kick major ass. Yard sales are definitely the way to go for stuff like that. We've even passed on Bose sets for less than $100.

Archived