Candy Bars From The Past

Hellion

:devil I remember when they had these when I was a Kid:

Marathon, the long chain of chocolate covered caramel

Chunky

Fiz Wiz

Zots

Power house

I dont remember the name,but it was solid chocolate with air pockets in it,which made a crunching sound when you snacked on it. also it had a half-circle designI

(looked like a half-round attic window) I hav'nt seen them in the store for over 2 decades.

Squirrel Nut Chews

there are others that I can't even remember,which one do you remember?

I dont remember the name,but it was solid chocolate with air pockets in it,which made a crunching sound when you snacked on it. also it had a half-circle designI

(looked like a half-round attic window) I hav'nt seen them in the store for over 2 decades.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MMM, those were goood. I can't remember the name either. They were light and really good chocolate.

I used to spend part of my paper route money on those.

Abba Zabbas are very much still in production. There are a few websites out there now that cater to the "hard to find favorites" like that. I've also bought them at Cracker Barrel.

Chunky candy bars are also still in production. As are Squirrels, and I think you can still find Zots, too.

The ones with the air pockets/half circles were Choco-Lites. They were a favorite of my mother, and yes, they are no longer in production. Interestingly, the air pockets were created by sort of hollow candy beads - I remember sucking on them until the hard, sugary beads were left, so I knew how they did it.

There is a candy produced in England called Aero that is somewhat similar. Rich chocolate with tons of air pockets in it - but just holes this time, no hard sugary beads. You can get it at stores that have imported candy like World Market, Merchant (in Dearborn on Michigan Ave), or widespread in Canada (picked up a giant-sized one when I went there for my Zyrtec a couple weeks ago).

I don't have time at the moment. But I'll track down those candy websites so you can check on this stuff yourself.

By the way - two of my favorites that are not in production anymore are Tootsie Pop Drops and Bit-O-Chocolate.

Mr. Bulky was cool. Chocolate covered gel candy was my favorite bulk item. That and seafoam.

There is a great candy store on Allen Road in Allen Park that sells a lot of these oldie-goodies.

There's a candy store here in Wyandotte, too, but I haven't been to it yet.

Cracker Barrel sells a lot of this sort of stuff, too. That's where I got my first ever abba zabba.

PB Max was my favorite

There was another one which was a breakfast bar (that might have even been what they were called). Kind of a rectangle (I say that because it was a perfect rectangle covered in chocolate, about a half inch high, two inches wide, maybe 5 long.

Abba Zabbas are very much still in production. There are a few websites out there now that cater to the "hard to find favorites" like that. I've also bought them at Cracker Barrel.

Chunky candy bars are also still in production. As are Squirrels, and I think you can still find Zots, too.

The ones with the air pockets/half circles were Choco-Lites. They were a favorite of my mother, and yes, they are no longer in production. Interestingly, the air pockets were created by sort of hollow candy beads - I remember sucking on them until the hard, sugary beads were left, so I knew how they did it.

There is a candy produced in England called Aero that is somewhat similar. Rich chocolate with tons of air pockets in it - but just holes this time, no hard sugary beads. You can get it at stores that have imported candy like World Market, Merchant (in Dearborn on Michigan Ave), or widespread in Canada (picked up a giant-sized one when I went there for my Zyrtec a couple weeks ago).

I don't have time at the moment. But I'll track down those candy websites so you can check on this stuff yourself.

By the way - two of my favorites that are not in production anymore are Tootsie Pop Drops and Bit-O-Chocolate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now I remember the name, been well over 25 years since I have seen Choco-Ltes!

i'm a youngin... therefore i cant remember nor have any clue about what you guys are talking about.

but do u remember surge? that was like the missing treat from my childhood. that stuff was crazy. like nothing but heavily concentrated sugar that all the soccermoms of the world treated like satan juice or somethin.

Archived