Cold and Cough

ManicQueen

My 7 month old son has got a cold and cough going on. We took him to the doctors and she just told us to give him OTC stuff.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should give him? What brand?

I've tried Dimetapp and that crap doesn't work.

I think I just might end up calling his doc and demanding a script for his cough cuz it's really bad.

I know there's nothing they can give him for the cold, so I'll continue to suction out his snot and use the saline drops in his nose. Poor baby. =(

I always used triaminic DM on mine but they say not too now some ingredient that is bad in the long run however it did work.

Yah get the prescrip some doctors wait too long trying to let nature take it's coarse or whatever.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What is the most important information I should know about Triaminic?

• Phenylpropanolamine, an ingredient in this product, has been associated with an increased risk of hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding into the brain or into tissue surrounding the brain) in women. Men may also be at risk. Although the risk of hemorrhagic stroke is low, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) recommends that consumers not use any products that contain phenylpropanolamine.

^ take from here http://www.drugs.com/triaminic.html

The only thing i have to say is When my daughter was three, she had astroke due to a blood clot that lodged in the main artery on the right side to her brain. The week Befor she had a stroke she had a cold, i gave her triaminic. I just would not suggest it for obvious reasons.

I dont have proof this was the casue becasue by the time we ound out about the chemical in the cold med, it was too late to get any results that would back it up.

Just better safe then sorry IMHO.

i really hate giving my kids medicine but when i finally give in and do it i have either gone with 1. chinese medicines (which i don't know if you want to give that to your son at that age?) 2.expectorant. something that really breaks it up and gets rid of it rather than supressing it.

i think i have used ones that are elixirs though i don't know if "elixir" has anything to do with "expectorant"

Archived