Simultaneous posts get coetaneous answers.

1) I want a lot. I'd like to live in a small university town, a liberal university with a diverse student population, in the mountains, preferably the Blue Mountains, in a cooperative building with six individual flats and restaurant/retail (preferably cooperative-run coffee house or microbrewery) / performance space / gallery on the first one or two floors. I want my closest friends and family to occupy the other five flats. I want a husband (I have him picked out--let's just hope that I don't scare him away, shall we?) and a wife or girlfriend, two kids, some goats, two cats, one big dog, and a huge garden--either a rooftop garden, wall garden, or garden in an adjacent vacant lot. I want to spend my days cleaning up messes (I think I'll get my wish), doing some kind of professional or technical writing (mostly from home), and gardening. Why? Because I'm largely introverted, but like a bit of chaos and I love people watching. I'd live in a bucolic setting except that being near the bustle of city life keeps me energized and keeps me from feeling isolated (which depresses me). And I love animals. And art. And crazy artistic people, especially musicians, even though I'm not that creative myself. I also like coffee and beer, so having plenty of one or the other near by would be lovely, though it would likely be better for me if it were coffee.

2) No, I've never been to a wedding or funeral of another culture, most likely because I've never left the U.S. or Canada, but I have been to many funerals and weddings from other religious traditions, largely because Unitarian Universalism just isn't that popular.

What skill do you wish you could master that diverges greatly from your current skill set?

Lining my burrow with fur and fattening up for the long hard winter. Duh.

Which do you think is more dangerous: lack of faith in oneself to the point that one can't even decide what one wants or likes OR such complete conviction in one's beliefs that all other points of view are excluded?

My theory, is that it is not as important to forgive, as it is to 'move on & remember' ...'forgive & forget'...that shit is right out...'remember & hold the grudge'...can be taken to far, to fast, to often...

To forgive, or deliver unto damnation, is The Almighty Spirit's domain...I reserve final judgment for IT.

What is with all the deep questions in this thread as of late?

Wasn't this a light hearted thread?