Being more careful with my health....

Homicidalheathen

My freind just got mono from making out with some random guys. I think I am going to stop doing that or at least slow way down.

I want to get to know a person a bit before kissing now. If I get mono I could die easier than the average bear.....I have the diverticulitis thing.....which is much better today....I finally ate without pain or problem.

I usually look real close before kissing, I know they don't at least have herpies sores....rather obvious one....

I had a freind get mono and she was anorhexic at the time and it almost killed her.

So I am going to be more careful......with my body habbits in general. I always felt that making out then going home alone to masterbate was good safe sex......

My man and I are not even actively seeking couples or single females right now....we are just kinda going with the flow and hanging out with friends...if it happens it happens....no ads or clubs for now.

Have any of you ever known someone who had/ or had mono yourself? Do you think making out and then private masterbation is a good way to get physical contact and attention and get off without catching anything?

I always thought mono came on strong enough that a person would not feel much like going out if one was contageous anyway....

I had it.

I have no idea where I got it - but there was a long period of years where I could have gottn it from countless situations, and my body was such a mess anyway from dope in general that I thought it was the life that was making me feel so bad.

I found out later - during a Kidney transplant blood pre-screening procedure, that I had had mono. Sort of helped me put the peices back togethor. I foudn out other stuff too, things that I had never had symptoms for, yet there it was in my blood.

You gotta be careful girlfriend.

Certain things are just not worth it.

I dont swing, so its hard to answer your question. I understand the reasons why people do it - but again to me and my wife the risks (including emotional risks) are not worth it in the long run. We've been thru way too much in the early years to not want to protect what we have right now, which is very very good.

All I can really answer to is the mono thing. I had it a few years ago. I coul dhave gotten it from anywhere really. I was pretty sick from other health stuff in the first place and was working at a club. It was hell, especially since i couldn't not go to work. It took about 6 months to get over it.

Infectious Mononucleosis

What is infectious mononucleosis?

Infectious mononucleosis (commonly called mono) is a viral illness usually caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). Mono most commonly develops in young adults between the ages of 15 and 24.1 The virus can be spread through contact with saliva, mucus (from the nose and throat), and sometimes tears. Rarely, EBV is spread through blood transfusions. Because the virus can be spread through saliva, mono is sometimes called the kissing disease.

Once you have been infected with EBV, your body may periodically shed (or give off) the virus throughout your lifetime, possibly spreading the virus to others. This can occur despite the fact that you do not have symptoms after your initial mono infection; the virus may still be found in your saliva up to 18 months after you have recovered from your symptoms. Some newly infected people may not have any symptoms of mono and may not be aware they are spreading the virus that causes mono.

What causes infectious mononucleosis?

Epstein-Barr virus (EBV) causes infectious mononucleosis. Most people have been infected with EBV by adulthood, but not all of them develop mono. Exposure to EBV often occurs in young children, but usually they do not develop symptoms of mono. However, if you are first exposed to EBV as an adolescent or young adult, the virus frequently causes symptoms of mono.

Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a common cause of monolike illness. Much less commonly, monolike illness is caused by different viruses, such as hepatitis B, rubella, and HIV.

What are the symptoms of infectious mononucleosis?

The most common symptoms of mono include high fever, severe sore throat, swollen glands (especially the tonsils), and fatigue. Symptoms usually develop 4 to 6 weeks after being exposed to the virus. This is called the incubation period. Once symptoms develop, they usually last from 2 to 3 weeks.

How is infectious mononucleosis diagnosed?

A medical history and physical examination are the most important ways a health professional diagnoses mono. Blood tests may be done to help confirm the disease.

How is infectious mononucleosis treated?

Usually only self-care is needed for mono.

Get plenty of rest.

Gargle with saltwater or use throat lozenges to soothe your sore throat.

Take acetaminophen (such as Tylenol) or ibuprofen (such as Advil) to reduce fever and to relieve sore throat and headaches.

Avoid contact sports and heavy lifting to reduce the risk of rupturing your spleen, which may become enlarged during an episode of mono.

Corticosteroids are occasionally used to reduce throat swelling (such as from swollen tonsils) and for an enlarged spleen.

Most people recover fully from mono after several weeks. However, it may take several months to regain your normal energy levels.

I had it, I couldn't even swallow my own spit my throat was so sore.

I had a temp and giant lymph nodes. I felt like I had been hit by a bus for about 2 weeks.

I got in highschool playing spin the bottle and making out with random people....the same group of people had it during the same time.

I went to a dr. and they gave me these giant pills that I couldn't swallow....I had to dilute them and it took about a half hour to drink it.

I lived on pain pills about 9-10 or more pills a day just to get rid of the horrible pain.

Archived