I am going to lose 25 pounds

Black Sunday9

Wow......thats great. I actually lost 15 in 3 weeks. When I was with my ex I used to binge alot cuz I'm an emotional eater. I was depressed all the time. Now I walk an hour to work every morning and I dance on the weekends. Sometimes I dance with the kids at work too cuz they like the music I bring in. Im starting to eat healthier and Im a lot happier now that Im not with a loser.

I plan on being single for a long time.....

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to lose at least 30 more pounds.  50 would be ideal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do yourself a favor and get a fitness evaluation before you set "ideals" for wieght loss. You appear to be, like me, framed differently than the societal "ideal".

After I had my fitness evaluation, I found out that the goal that I had set - which would be still heavy for most women - would have put me very unhealthily underweight. If I had kept working out with that expectation - I might have found myself with a problem trying to reach the unattainable.

Do yourself a favor and get a fitness evaluation before you set "ideals" for wieght loss. You appear to be, like me, framed differently than the societal "ideal".

After I had my fitness evaluation, I found out that the goal that I had set - which would be still heavy for most women - would have put me very unhealthily underweight.  If I had kept working out with that expectation - I might have found myself with a problem trying to reach the unattainable.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh it's attainable. If I were trying fit society's ideals I would have to lose 80-90 pounds. Losing 50 pounds would still leave me "overweight" but would be good enough for me. Society's ideals can kiss my (fat) ass.

Oh it's attainable.  If I were trying fit society's ideals I would have to lose 80-90 pounds.  Losing 50 pounds would still leave me "overweight" but would be good enough for me.  Society's ideals can kiss my (fat) ass.

Well, personally I've always liked a woman with a little meat on her bones.

So, in case society's ideals are busy,

(You have no idea how much they have on their plate,

what with raising the bar all the time,

inventing things like the size 0 and heroin chic),

I'd be more than happy to kiss it instead :wink

(I do prefer kissing faces though :kiss )

Guest Game of Chance

i kept going between 2 pounds under what i normally am up to 2 pounds over.  not that it really matters but it is annoying ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its water weight. Try reducing your sodium intake. Are you working out?

I just entered into a wager with two co-workers as motivation. who can lose the most weight in three months. Each moth has a monthly winner, and the overall winner gets to kick the other two in the nuts. Talk about motivation!! :fear

yay! down 3 pounds~ the fitness classes are awesome (and I realize I am not in as bad a shape as I thought.) *I had been attending 4-5 days a week last fall/winter - then got the flu, then the mega flu and lost momentum due to coughing for 2 months..ugh!*

Gals, if you are not weight training - start a regimine soooooon...I usually gain 8-10 pounds when I weight train but lose inches everywhere.

O how I despise weights. I understand why they are useful, just....UCK.

I gained a few pounds. I haven't been sleepy well and that leaves no energy for the gym. I've also been eating crappy due to lack of funds (ok, ok, not just lack of funds but lack of my own ability and inclination to figure out what is healthy and affordable.)

If I were rich I'd be in much better shape.

During my akward teenage years, i went from being a twig to being about 165, then suddenly, i lost about 20lbs. It took me forever to notice it. I still dont know how it happened.

I guess it happened cuz we had gotten a computer since then, and i RP'd online, so i would never leave the computer.

*shrugs* Just a few more pounds, and a few more hours of gaming and i should be nice and perfect. :grin

O how I despise weights.  I understand why they are useful, just....UCK. 

I gained a few pounds.  I haven't been sleepy well and that leaves no energy for the gym.  I've also been eating crappy due to lack of funds (ok, ok, not just lack of funds but lack of my own ability and inclination to figure out what is healthy and affordable.) 

If I were rich I'd be in much better shape.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I joined the Washtenaw Rec Center...it is $170 for a whole year, so the best deal in town. They use punch cards for classes so if you can't make it to a class there is no guilt from wasting money (costs $32 for 10 classes.) I would have joined earlier but no $ for any non-essentials for a while there...

I have always liked weight training - but perhaps you would like them better if you had a class that incorporated them into an aerobic routine?

I joined the Washtenaw Rec Center...it is $170 for a whole year, so the best deal in town. They use punch cards for classes so if you can't make it to a class there is no guilt from wasting money (costs $32 for 10 classes.) I would have joined earlier but no $ for any non-essentials for a while there...

I have always liked weight training - but perhaps you would like them better if you had a class that incorporated them into an aerobic routine?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I belong there too! I got the year membership but I stick to the cardio room. I can't deal with classes. When I exercise I need to delude myself into believing I am invisible and no one can see me.

I belong there too!  I got the year membership but I stick to the cardio room.  I can't deal with classes.  When I exercise I need to delude myself into believing I am invisible and no one can see me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shweet! I think most of the people at the Rec are nice - it's not an aging anorexic meat-market like Bally's. If you ever want to try a class but need a buddy I'm always game.

*lol*

I take a class Wed and Friday at 4:30. Mondays or Thursdays I go in the morning because of evening classes. Tuesdays and weekends anytime.

I am fretting because they are closed until the 6th for maintenance so I am forced to find alternatives *like walking around...ugh! takes toooooo long*

I would love to put on about 10/15 lbs but being that I have such a high metabolism and I can eat like a horse and not gain barely a pound plus I believe I'm underweight for my height. I hate being sooo damn lanky!

Actually I was thinking of starting to pump some iron....and come back bigger and stronger.

If all else fails I will do roids..

Archived