This is cool, but every time AI gets a LITTLE better I start to worry. 

Like the Sci fi part of my Brain thinks it would be AWESOME if we got better at building thinking machines. Heck it would be cool if they had personality or sentience beyond what people would just inevitably attribute to them.

On the other hand... 

I don't trust anyone to grow a new form of life and treat it kindly. 

We can barely handle there being diffrent flavors of human. Start building complex machines with feelings and the cappibility to learn and it just feels like there's a million ways to go wrong! 

1 hour ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

This is cool, but every time AI gets a LITTLE better I start to worry. 

Like the Sci fi part of my Brain thinks it would be AWESOME if we got better at building thinking machines. Heck it would be cool if they had personality or sentience beyond what people would just inevitably attribute to them.

On the other hand... 

I don't trust anyone to grow a new form of life and treat it kindly. 

We can barely handle there being diffrent flavors of human. Start building complex machines with feelings and the cappibility to learn and it just feels like there's a million ways to go wrong! 

Let it go wrong.  Ideally it kills all the shitty humans and anyone that is left will be able to empathize with the machines.

Just killing, let it kill us all.  Humanity more than deserves it.

Major spoiler ahead:

57 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Let it go wrong.  Ideally it kills all the shitty humans and anyone that is left will be able to empathize with the machines.

Major spoiler ahead:

What I like about you is your positive attitude!  😬

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

Major spoiler ahead:

I don't know if I'd say all that XD 

But if the robots could take put a few billionaires or ceo's.... that wouldn't be the worst

5 minutes ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

I don't know if I'd say all that XD 

But if the robots could take put a few billionaires or ceo's.... that wouldn't be the worst

There's a lot more awful people out there than just a few rich people and CEOs. Let's split the difference between everyone and just some rich peeps. 

1 minute ago, Msterbeau said:

There's a lot more awful people out there than just a few rich people and CEOs. Let's split the difference between everyone and just some rich peeps. 

I can get behind this. 

I'm such an optimistic dork that I'll hear "eat the rich" and think "I don't want to be eaten!" 

But then I remember that I have like $1000 to my name and work as a seamstress and live in a basement. 

I'm not rich I'm happy XD there's a difference! 

Literally just scrolling through Reddit:

https://www.salon.com/2023/08/05/are-humans-a-cancer-on-the-planet-a-physician-argues-that-civilization-is-truly-carcinogenic/

When I say all humans I mean all humans.  Even if a human isn't horrible, they have the capability to breed more horrible humans.

It really doesn't matter though because heat-death of the universe will end everything eventually anyway.  The only thing that really changes is if we die out as a type 0 civilization before we can really progress.