31 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Story of my fuckin' life.

Unless they die and end up on that list there is always a non-zero chance though.  While that thought doesn't thrill me it does still exist.

Yes, there's a risk we'll get struck by lightning, mauled by an escaped Lion from the Zoo, risk of a bus crashing into our home while taking a shit, etc. But there's no thread about any of those things for a reason.

But back to our usually scheduled discussion.

I MIGHT be able to get Nightgaunt back on here. I'll harass him a bit here and there and see what happens.

6 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

Yes, there's a risk we'll get struck by lightning, mauled by an escaped Lion from the Zoo, risk of a bus crashing into our home while taking a shit, etc. But there's no thread about any of those things for a reason.

I don't go out during the rain and I'm armed so there's less of a chance of that unless it sneaks up from behind, and I live in a brick house with the toilet in the back and another under it in the basement.

In any case, the chances of all that happening are low.  Someone deciding to come back here however is generally much higher.  After all many of the people in this thread have come back.

On 8/18/2023 at 1:46 PM, Destroit said:

I'm supposed to pop in and remind people to stay on topic I guess.

In any case...I could list a BUNCH of people

StormKnight

Odims

DBK

Tszura/Nightgaunt

Hunhee

Farril

Ohster

I'm sure I could think of more.

WHO SUMMONS ME?!
Oh, hey Cherny.

2 hours ago, n0Mad said:

Yay! It's a Nightgaunt! 💃

49026736.jpg

Coming back is great, but what we need is more member retention.  We had a huge influx after Troy's passing and then most of them seem to have fucked off or forgotten about us.  The board is still way more active now than it was though.  I check it daily and see activity as opposed to "oh it's been a month or three, I should see how the board is doing."

Half the userbase that was still around went off to House Spiral's Discord server, which while I hate Discord at least they're not doing Zoom calls anymore.  I also heard about a Facebook group which also stole some.  Hurray for fragmentation I guess :(

2 hours ago, Raev said:

Fb groups die pretty fast.

I'm on almost daily, just don't always have anything I feel is worth saying 

Okay then, if it's platform agnostic then why do some thrive and some die off.  Is it the people, the content, or do people just get tired of it and go find something else to use/do?

13 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

49026736.jpg

Coming back is great, but what we need is more member retention.  We had a huge influx after Troy's passing and then most of them seem to have fucked off or forgotten about us.  The board is still way more active now than it was though.  I check it daily and see activity as opposed to "oh it's been a month or three, I should see how the board is doing."

Half the userbase that was still around went off to House Spiral's Discord server, which while I hate Discord at least they're not doing Zoom calls anymore.  I also heard about a Facebook group which also stole some.  Hurray for fragmentation I guess 😞

I'm trying to stick around this time. There were a couple of times I came back over the years. I'll really try to commit this time.

Wow. I said "time" a lot there.

Edited by Slogo
To explain how many times I said time. Oops. There's another one

1 minute ago, Slogo said:

I'm trying to stick around this time. There were a couple of times I came back over the years. I'll really try to commit this time.

I appreciate that, especially since we go way, way back.

You've been doing pretty well though as far as I can tell.

But as I always say, real life comes first.

@Scary Guy speaking of that Discord, are we planning to use that as an extension of DGN?  If not, I wouldn't be against having a DGN one.  I found it hypocritical that Troy was SO against it for so long because he said it couldn't be moderated...but then did House Spiral Discord, which can't be moderated.  Makes no sense to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

3 hours ago, Destroit said:

@Scary Guy speaking of that Discord, are we planning to use that as an extension of DGN?  If not, I wouldn't be against having a DGN one.  I found it hypocritical that Troy was SO against it for so long because he said it couldn't be moderated...but then did House Spiral Discord, which can't be moderated.  Makes no sense to me 🤷🏼‍♀️

Discord can absolutely be moderated.  But as far as I'm aware it is a separate entity entirely that shares some members.  This is for all the goth stuff with the adult forum for the BDSM stuff, and that is for the BDSM stuff with some members who happen to be gothic who came from here.

The gatherings were a DGN thing but gradually became a House Spiral thing because Troy wanted to change the focus to BDSM content which made a lot of people leave and caused a lot of drama.  Honestly the few times I went after the change it felt exactly like a normal gathering and the whole drama over it was stupid IMO, and either way there was some good discussion had.  What most didn't like was just that shift of focus though, and if he hadn't done that officially we'd be one big friendly group instead of two smaller but mostly friendly groups.

1 hour ago, ~Tszura~ said:

Heard from a little Nightgaunt birdie that this thread popped up. 😄  I'm 48, and was active on the board when I was in my early 30's.  The format feels different now than it did then, even though its not. "It's not you, its me." 🤣  Just reading this thread, though, has me feeling like I don't know when I'll be back. I want to want to, but in this thread alone there was so much "big D" energy, and people getting off on being labled as pains in the butt, I honestly don't know if I can take it. The "I'm too old for this sh#t" energy is alive and well within me. Popping back on again as all the older members do, I think has a lot to do with nostalgia. We want to feel the same about it all as we did, but maybe thats just not possible anymore. We're all different. And this is where I'll stop because I'll just keep rambling otherwise. **darkkeeses**

No, you should absolutely come back.  We need people to tell the assholes when we're being assholes rather than just running away.

On 8/21/2023 at 6:22 PM, know_buddy_kares said:

Agreed. Some of us grew up, some of us finally got the better of our demons, some of us have actually calmed down. I appreciate being able to come back.

Though some, as I've maintained then lost their friendship along the way are probably better off staying gone, but I don't feel I'm in any position to weigh in on that matter either.

Anyhoo... Back on topic.

I just graced valleyofmisery's profile a while back and remember some of her posts vaguely. Mostly because of her pfp, man she would be awesome to come back here. 

It's awesome to see people rise from the ashes. It's so much easier to stand in the mud and do absolutely nothing to change for the better. 

Anyway, back to the topic....