It was great. Part II

Msterbeau

9 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I mainly stayed in Shiga-ken, Hikone-shi where I attended JCMU for 8 months.  I did a month long homestay in Nagahama-shi and various weekend homestays in Shiga-gun, Higashiazai-gun and Osaka.

I never actually got the chance to go to Tokyo, but I did have a group of classmates who (for lack of a better word) hijacked me to get to Nagoya University because I was the only one who could read the signs and train schedules.

JCMU is big on field trips, so I spent many a day in Kyoto and Otsu.  We visited Nara and Osaka once as they were very time consuming trips.

I got the chance to go back to Japan a couple of years later when my sister's husband attended JCMU.  My sister took me to visit her pen pal in Osaka which was a more leisurely visit than going with a class agenda.

I managed a long weekend trip to Tokyo at Halloween time.  That was a blast. 

My younger daughter is going to Japan for a year or two after she finishes college next semester.  She has 4 years of high school Japanese plus a couple years in college so she should be in good shape communication-wise.  Dad has a place to stay if he wants to go visit. ( And I do want to go visit... 😬)

1 minute ago, Msterbeau said:

It could be argued that death is great.  😬☠️

Stop shoving me, I'll get to it eventually!

Mom said I wasn't allowed until after dad goes.  Then we'll see how much I like continuing to put up with things after.

(I won't do it here, I'll go somewhere where it's legal.)

3 hours ago, Msterbeau said:

It could be argued that death is great.  😬☠️

Lol, yes at the time I was blissfully unaware but over the next few years after I gained a self education on the connection between sleep/life and sleep/death. Fortunately corpses such as myself are rarely concerned with life, death, rebirth, whatever, etc...

5 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

So there is a prion disease where they just stay awake for longer and longer lengths of time.  Eventually you will die without sleep.

So no, not always great