On 7/28/2023 at 4:29 PM, Slogo said:

The only shitty Troy behavior i witnessed was some guy (who was very androgynous) gave me a ride to City. Troy was bummed that he was a male because he was "really hoping to get a BJ from her"

On 7/28/2023 at 6:44 PM, know_buddy_kares said:

A lot of it was done behind closed doors, or somewhat low key and passively.

Like I would see bits of his moantube channel come across my facebook feed every now and again. It was... bad... It was watching someone slowly go down hill, and feel bad and vindicated at the same time. It's understandably a confusing period of time around this. 

I've seen some of those videos. Kinda looking back, there's something ... off about them. I have thoughts about it, some I won't voice here unless asked. I'm doing my best to not bash.

58 minutes ago, know_buddy_kares said:

I think we start with more of the old crew, get the posting momentum going up a bit more, then recruit at clubs perhaps? 

But all of us are old now and the club is REALLY late at night and also too loud, why's it gotta be so loud?

Edited by Destroit

550x803.jpg

Really we do it like it was done before.  There was a street team at one point too.

Business cards and just talking to people works.  Maybe stickers so people can leave IRL spam everywhere.  Matching shirts?  Make it an official social club through LARA (I'm not even sure how to go about that)?  Brick and mortar club house?

I'm good with any and all of that.

1 minute ago, Destroit said:

But all of us are old now and the club is REALLY late at night and also too loud, why's it gotta be so loud?

3 hours ago, Destroit said:

Loud in the club is fine. (To a point - but I want a place where the noise is at a conversation level, too. please.)

It's outside the club noise that bothers me. Every idiot with their Dodge Hellcat thing can drive it into a concrete wall (With the owners in it) for all I care.  And the " boom boom" cars that I can hear from 1/4 mile away can all vibrate themselves into a pile of ashes. (Again, preferably with owners.) Finally, all the owners of large barking dogs, who treat them like shit, leave them out to bark all day and night, never walk them, etc... should be forced to clean cow poop for the rest of their animal abusing lives.

Did I get off topic?  Apologies.  I take piece and quiet seriously in my old age.  

Now get off my lawn!!

14 hours ago, Msterbeau said:

Loud in the club is fine. (To a point - but I want a place where the noise is at a conversation level, too. please.)

It's outside the club noise that bothers me. Every idiot with their Dodge Hellcat thing can drive it into a concrete wall (With the owners in it) for all I care.  And the " boom boom" cars that I can hear from 1/4 mile away can all vibrate themselves into a pile of ashes. (Again, preferably with owners.) Finally, all the owners of large barking dogs, who treat them like shit, leave them out to bark all day and night, never walk them, etc... should be forced to clean cow poop for the rest of their animal abusing lives.

Did I get off topic?  Apologies.  I take piece and quiet seriously in my old age.  

Now get off my lawn!!

No I'll completely agree with this.  I want my loud things loud and my quiet things quiet.  A chatting area is almost mandatory in any club.

I was amazed walking into City a few weeks ago.  They have it tuned good where it's loud but you can still talk on the main dancefloor.  The front room by the bar was a little too loud though.  Still I recommend earplugs (especially Bluetooth/aux cord ones where you can listen to your own music if the DJ sucks.  Also fun at the range!)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I probably answered this on one of the other pages of this thread, but I’m seriously not interested in going to find it. Lol.

I came back because this is actually a very special place to me. There were times when I didn’t think it was a special as I do. If it wasn’t for so many of you, back in 2004, being so awesome and funny and brilliant and compassionate, I would never have joined this board all the way from Baltimore, Maryland. 

Phee, Paper Hearts, Msterbeau, and others drew me in. While I don’t necessarily consider myself goth, or any particular subculture at all, for that matter, the people here just resonated with me. I had to join. For those that don’t know me by this screen name, I was Brenda Starrr…not that it really matters or anything like that. I met my husband here. We’ve been together for over 17 years. I hold friendships with a lot of the OGs that has been running for 20 years, now. It’s wild.

When Troy passed, it snapped me into thinking about the people that I knew and met, right here. He built this place and created these relationships, good, bad, or indifferent. There was a whole lot of nostalgia. And honestly, it has been so great to pop in here from time to time and feel welcome. Would I like to see it the way it was in the old days? Fuck yeah. and I hope it’ll happen. It will take time. But it’s still nice to be back. 🩷

Edited by Anna Phylaxis

12 hours ago, Kit Kat P said:

Because it never left my mind. Getting back in when I was remembering the wrong email address and user id was difficult. Looks like I missed a lot.

~~~~~

I'm glad you made it back in.  Sorry for the delay with that.  I keep getting screwed up trying to remember how to use the FaceBook Messenger thingy. 😅