14 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Actually, it never went offline or anything.  I joined in 2012 and have been hosting it since as Administrator since 2018.  It's just that by then, the majority of the original members had migrated away from the site.

:wave

Plus I think the popularity of BBS sites in general kinda went away with the popularity of modern social media platforms.  That might not have helped very much.

26 minutes ago, gwen said:

i wont bash troy on his own board

you dont like it

go start your own

he put a lot of work into it

not something most can do.

so i came back for condolences

not to bash on a dead mans memory.

thats all. 

i miss dollar dave.

i dont know where he went.

i think he got sober and so now he avoids his old friends.

but hardcore catholic now so...as a new atheist he wud probably hate me.

that bothers me. that religion comes  between pals. he never liked my witchy stuff. 

and i miss hille. i guess i was hoping they would come back.

I remember Dollar Dave, he threw a rock at John's car and set the dumpster in the alley on fire when he got kicked out of Mephisto's.  Sorry to hear he's still insane, but at least he's sober chemically even if he did trade one crutch for another.  Honestly I figured he'd be dead by now.

I don't think we're meant to keep friends forever anyway (try as I might, since it still sucks losing them.) All relationships eventually end either through a fight, just drifting apart, or they die.  All you can do is hope it's on good terms when it happens and maybe you'll see them again sometime down the line (unless they're dead since there's really no coming back from that.)

2 minutes ago, BladeOverBullet said:

Plus I think the popularity of BBS sites in general kinda went away with the popularity of modern social media platforms.  That might not have helped very much.

This was a large thing with Troy too.  He was very adamant back in the old days about not using IRC because it would take focus away from the board.  Even MySpace was the enemy back when that was (well I guess it's still around but only a shell of its former self) a thing.

At least he didn't kill it off and just make a FB page/group or something, which he could have easily done if he wanted.

34 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Actually, it never went offline or anything.  I joined in 2012 and have been hosting it since as Administrator since 2018.  It's just that by then, the majority of the original members had migrated away from the site.

:wave

Thanks for holding the torch and keeping the fire burning. 🔥

14 minutes ago, gwen said:

i remember that. i felt guilt. i brought him to mephistos. i knew and lied and hid it because legally he was ward of the state. you sue you wont get anything. he does 2 months in the nuthouse is all that would happen. honestly he was so drunk I dont think he remembered doing it. he got real bad with the drinking, as did I. 

when we met we were both sober so maybe again some day.

alcohol so does NOT help with psychosis. i have no idea qhat happened in his life to cause so much internal pain. but. 

he taught me how to use a computer, some codong and hacking tips.

before him i didnt even know what an ip adress was!

he is VERY good with computers and adopted ashley as his own so he wasnt all bad. alcoholic blackouts. my parents had them so its not like i was new to it. when its your friend and your both doing it, it seems humorous at the time. how very immature of us. we kinda went through our midlife crisis together.

all, look at me im still an outrageous punk! of the 3rd degree.

You're only responsible for your own actions, you cannot control what other people do.  Anything bad that he did was on him and his own mental instabilities.

At the very least he was entertaining, and gave the bar some money which helped keep it running and myself employed.

5 hours ago, et-novum said:

So I never knew Troy, I was only introduced well after he died. But WHAT.

Oh yeah, and everyone had to call him "Father Troy" *shudders*

I went deep  into his sex cult undercover for a minute where he was grooming women to be his servants and fucking WOWZA, just...don't bother looking.  Let that just melt into the history books and be forgotten about lol.

8 hours ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

Why am I back? I don’t know. I would pop in, every so often, over the years. Just to take a peek in and see what’s going on with everybody. But a lot of the old guard wasn’t here. And it kind of made me sad for what it used to be.

Some of you know me really well. Those of you that know me well or part of the reason I moved to Detroit in the first place. But mostly because I met my husband on here. I was once a moderator, keeping the peace, but still making some of the worst jokes, and definitely some of the most posts lol. 

I don’t know if I would consider myself goth, technically. But I’ve always been a misfit, and I never was the cool kid, and when I found this place, it felt like home. For once, there were people like me, and I wasn’t the only oddball.

But it’s nice to be back. It’s nice to be here with some of the people that I count as some of the coolest people I know. Sorry if that offends any of you.☠️

This site is a community. It is a community of people who absolutely changed my life on many levels. And it gives my little black heart a warm, fuzzy feeling.

so yeah, I guess I’m back 🖤🩷

I’m back 

2 hours ago, Slogo said:

The only shitty Troy behavior i witnessed was some guy (who was very androgynous) gave me a ride to City. Troy was bummed that he was a male because he was "really hoping to get a BJ from her"

A lot of it was done behind closed doors, or somewhat low key and passively.

Like I would see bits of his moantube channel come across my facebook feed every now and again. It was... bad... It was watching someone slowly go down hill, and feel bad and vindicated at the same time. It's understandably a confusing period of time around this. 

A few friends hit me up and told me the guy who was creeping on me when I was under age is gone now. So I felt safe coming back after witnessing a few things. I'm not on here to talk ill, even if they did do something we all feel was incredibly messed up. 

But yeah. Figured I'd see what is happening. I have nothing to really interact about. No need to network anymore. I am just going to float around in and out of the shadows from my fox den. 

Edited by Nyxiin

On 7/28/2023 at 6:47 AM, Anna Phylaxis said:

Why am I back? I don’t know. I would pop in, every so often, over the years. Just to take a peek in and see what’s going on with everybody. But a lot of the old guard wasn’t here. And it kind of made me sad for what it used to be.

Some of you know me really well. Those of you that know me well or part of the reason I moved to Detroit in the first place. But mostly because I met my husband on here. I was once a moderator, keeping the peace, but still making some of the worst jokes, and definitely some of the most posts lol. 

I don’t know if I would consider myself goth, technically. But I’ve always been a misfit, and I never was the cool kid, and when I found this place, it felt like home. For once, there were people like me, and I wasn’t the only oddball.

But it’s nice to be back. It’s nice to be here with some of the people that I count as some of the coolest people I know. Sorry if that offends any of you.☠️

This site is a community. It is a community of people who absolutely changed my life on many levels. And it gives my little black heart a warm, fuzzy feeling.

so yeah, I guess I’m back 🖤🩷

Because granny needs her diaper changed. 

10 minutes ago, Saint Germain said:

A mélange of nostalgia and curiosity have brought me back.

There are plenty of good memories with members here

that date back to the pre-almanac-of-visages era.

Let’s see what the future may hold.

Ah! Zee German is here

4 hours ago, Saint Germain said:

A mélange of nostalgia and curiosity have brought me back.

There are plenty of good memories with members here

that date back to the pre-almanac-of-visages era.

Let’s see what the future may hold.

Good to see you kicking about.