What do you currently have anxiety about?

phee

Currently my anxiety is beating me up over the fact that I got a voicemail from my doctors office from a nurse Friday telling me they needed to talk to me and for me to call back. I did not get the message until today. So I have to wait until tomorrow to figure out what they wanted to talk to me about...

So no sleep for me tonight, because my mental illness will force me to assume the worse.

So...

What are you guys driving yourself nuts about?

5 minutes ago, phee said:

Currently my anxiety is beating me up over the fact that I got a voicemail from my doctors office from a nurse Friday telling me they needed to talk to me and for me to call back. I did not get the message until today. So I have to wait until tomorrow to figure out what they wanted to talk to me about...

So no sleep for me tonight, because my mental illness will force me to assume the worse.

So...

What are you guys driving yourself nuts about?

That's the worst man.

Rn I got anxiety over a closing this week. 

If I will finally have full control over the forum data going through a known source or if I have to rock the boat doing a direct contact with the host service.  The waiting game is wrecking a bit of havoc, but all I can do is wait for one to see if I need to move on the other. 

"Stress is an ignorant state, it believes that everything is an emergency." -Natalie Goldberg

I have this sort of stoicism + nihilism thing going on.  I can't control most things, and it really doesn't matter anyway.

Most of the worst things that can happen haven't happened yet.  I have identified what those are and all I can do is wait for those shoes to drop.  The things that have happened are in the past and I no longer need to prepare for those.

Sometimes I might stress myself out trying to avoid stress.  That's weird and silly and I need to stop that when it happens.  I already have a mountain of depression so I really don't need anything else on top of that.

The perpetual existential crisis continues.  Don't worry though, I'll get over it one day :P

1 hour ago, gwen said:

upcoming surgery.

financial affairs and medical care into old age

prob going to die alone

at least i wonr be cold abd hungry again through it.

maybe in pain with no help or a bit dirty. I can handle THAT. I plan to keep family members out of my personal husiness in my old age so they cant rip me off and stick me in a home.

its really the only way these days.

everyone is a selfish two faced spoiled brat.

I hope your kids are okay?  But yeah if not absolutely cut out toxic family.  Hell that could probably be its own thread in and of itself.

I'm lucky to have a family I mostly get along with.  Functionally dysfunctional but we made/make it work.

Mostly time related. Also breaking stuff. But that is related to my ptsd Anxiety. I also have a lot of Autism anxiety going on too come to find out. Today is also definitely about my autism. It's hitting really hard today and I'm beating myself up. Yay anxiety. 

12 hours ago, Nyxiin said:

Mostly time related. Also breaking stuff. But that is related to my ptsd Anxiety. I also have a lot of Autism anxiety going on too come to find out. Today is also definitely about my autism. It's hitting really hard today and I'm beating myself up. Yay anxiety. 

I heard about "rage rooms" where you pay a fee and break as much as you want.

Not sure how you feel about firearms but those can be fun too with a good outdoor range and some bottles/other targets.  Just have to make sure to pick up your brass and any other mess after.

4 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Not sure how you feel about firearms but those can be fun too with a good outdoor range and some bottles/other targets.  Just have to make sure to pick up your brass and any other mess after.

Rage rooms would trigger me into a flight stage and I would be in the state where my boyfriend would have to talk to me out from beneath a table again until my brain calms down. Not really my ideal state. I just rather stay in my house and hang with my plants. 

Just now, Nyxiin said:

Rage rooms would trigger me into a flight stage and I would be in the state where my boyfriend would have to talk to me out from beneath a table again until my brain calms down. Not really my ideal state. I just rather stay in my house and hang with my plants. 

Fair.  Whatever makes you feel comfortable is the entire point of life, or at least it should be IMO.

Anyway I hope you're feeling better.

4 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Thank you. I am great 😊 it's a beautiful day. 

3 minutes ago, gwen said:

upcoming stuff.

i hate beaumont but i guess its there

robotic arm failing once its deep inside me.

hey.

it happens.

i have severe TBI's so i unfortunately aint afraid of much

gets me into trouble from time to time

the main thing is to remember

a hospital is NOT a house of healing

its a prison for the sick

and if you speak up or step out of line in there

you will be abused neglected possibly locked up

Maybe that's why they don't allow firearms in them.  It's harder to abuse those who are armed.

Also I think they're a little bit of column A and a little bit of column B.  Though I guess these days you have to pay to be in prison too.  If they arrest me and I don't pay then will they let me leave?

Anyway I hope you are well.  Have friends visit often and check on you.  It's harder to abuse those with people looking out for them as well.  It's the loners who need to worry most :(

1 hour ago, Queen of Foxes said:

Currently noticeably shaking at the doctor's office. I had to drive. Roger is super busy, so he couldn't.... I turn up music and do my best. But holy crap, involuntary anxiety... Yay... 

Try doing the bullshit that everyone tells you to do.  It is dumb and obviously not a permanent fix but it does help.  Count backward slowly from 100 with your eyes closed taking deep breaths and clearing your mind (preferably not while driving.)

Not sure how busy Roger is but if he can talk on the phone talking to someone can help too.

Glad you made it though.

1 minute ago, gwen said:

not mr big bad bobby laughing at me, thats for sure....

anywho's,

someone said

how did you know that

i never told anyone!!

oh no's!

$P00ky gurl strikes again??!

no. 

let me break or down to you this way. 

your NOT half the mysterious mystery you wish you were

in fact

your quite predictable and

unfortunatly for you

*because i get bored easy*

rather easy, to figure out.

so.

when i recite something back at you

a personal thought, goal, hunch...?

its just

me reading

your poker face

and ascribing

your personality

to it. 

it is NOT me being in tune with you psychically.

it is NOT a missed, meant to be happening.

just a lucky guess. wish it was more.

it never will be.

only

in your

DREAMS....

https://www.youtube.com/@Psych/videos  That was basically this entire show.  Also "The Mentalist" was pretty good too IIRC, but it felt like a ripoff (because it was.)

Honestly I used to like both but now I watch neither.  I hate cop shows and copaganda.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Optimitris appointment. Pretty sure they're gonna dialate my pupils and I'm gonna deal with that for a few hours.

I always liked when they did that as they'd give me some cool disposable sunglasses that I'd usually keep and use for other things.  Like cutting them up and using some clear glue to affix the bits to all the LEDs on everything in my room so they aren't bright as hell.

5 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

I always liked when they did that as they'd give me some cool disposable sunglasses that I'd usually keep and use for other things.  Like cutting them up and using some clear glue to affix the bits to all the LEDs on everything in my room so they aren't bright as hell.

Upcycling. I have my own sunglasses, so no need for the disposable ones.