Pop-up Goth Club @ Joy Manor in Westland 2023-06-02 (memorial for Troy)

2 minutes ago, Marblez said:

Look at the picture of me. My arms have gone missing. 

Last night I facebook messaged everyone looking for my phone, I thought I left it in a box amd it was taken or thrown away. I was literally about to go dumpster diving at the park when I found it in my purse. LOL.

~~~~~

OMG!

I just noticed that...:hrhr:

15 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Memorial for Troy "Spiral" Crayson @ Joy Manor (sublevel 1 room 2)

! = Request

21:00 - Scary Guy
-----
Pink Floid - Shine on you Crazy Diamond (parts 1-7)
The Moody Blues (it was the wrong song anyway so I cut it short, sorry.)
A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran
Camouflage - The Great Commandment
PIL (Public Image Limited) - This is Not a Love Song
Romeo Void - Never Say Never
Martha and The Muffins - Echo Beach
Talk Talk - It's My Life

22:00
-----
Human League - Night People
Gang of Four - I Love a Man in Uniform
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Torul - Mad World (Rob Dust Remix)
IAMX with Imogen Heap - My Secret Friend
Jaw - Creature of Masquerade (Apop Remix)
Merge - Lost in Eternity
Schiller with Heppner - Dream of You
!Camille - Obsession (Save your Love)
Anders Manga - Cars
Rotersand - Bastards Screaming
S.P.O.C.K. - Never Trust a Klingon
!Depeche Mode - Soothe my Soul (Rob Dust remix)
!Assemblage 23 - Document

23:00
-----
!Apoptygma Berzerk - Unicorn
Beborn Beton - Another World (extended remix)
Covenant - Dead Stars (club version)
De/Vision - Rage
Static Icon - It's a Lifestyle
!VNV Nation - Illusion (for Bobbi)
Diorama - HLA (Her Liquid Arms)
Diary of Dreams - The Plague
The Fair Sex - Not Now, Not Here
!Destroid - Lucretia my Reflection (Meg requested Sisters and I went another direction with it.)
Left Spine Down - She's Lost Control

00:00
-----
Rick Astley vs. Nine Inch Nails - The Hand that Gives you up
Orang Sector - Touch (Psyche version)
Out Out - Admire the Question
BiGod 20 - The Bog
!Killing Joke - Adorations
Drab Majesty - Dot in the Sky
Cold Cave - Confetti
Hooverphonic - Shake the Disease
The Tear Garden - Romulus and Venus
Gary Numan - Love Hurt Bleed
3TEETH - Pumped up Kicks
Numb - Blood
The Gothsicles - This Club is Closed

Fun fact, this was the first playlist I typed out with the Workman layout.  We've been learning how to type the wrong way for YEARS!

Among the requests and my own favorites I threw in a couple fetishy tracks I thought Troy would have liked.  I did do some of my overplayed favorites, but I'm the only one that plays them and I don't play out that often anymore.  I was going to do a strictly trad goth set but never got around to it.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and I got lots of complements on the music.  It was fun playing for a crowd that actually appreciates music.  I wish the turnout was better but three other goth nights and the fact that it was a memorial might have kept people away (and also the fact I was the DJ and a good chunk of the scene literally hates me, and I suck, and I can't mix.)

Then most left because they have family, jobs, or are just old now.  I'm happy some made it out at all!

Hopefully someone who took a bunch of photos can post them in a gallery on here.  If they only exist on Failbook, I'll never see them 😞

I think that Jeff and I would have come and hung out a bit if it weren’t for the fact that I had already been up since 430, been to work, came to the dinner, and had to do a couple of other things before going to bed where they weren’t going to get done at all. but it really would be cool if we could make this happen a little more often and if more people came out. 

It’s true that a lot of us have kids and jobs and other things. However, I honestly would like to come out more often. It was really nice to see everybody and it would be fun to see everybody a little more often. It’s been too long, and honestly a lot of that is on me because I kind of dislike most people lol.

16 hours ago, Marblez said:

Pictures from last night. Has anyone seen my arms? I must have left them in a box at dinner. 😄🤣😂 @Scary Guy here's pics from @Reaper.

FB_IMG_1685830378671.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830371261.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830366151.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830361170.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830351382.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830344588.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830338793.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830331361.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830324931.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830317538.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830310746.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830299553.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830283719.jpg

FB_IMG_1685830276581.jpg

Thanks so much!  Looking forward to seeing the photos others took of the events too.

2 hours ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

I think that Jeff and I would have come and hung out a bit if it weren’t for the fact that I had already been up since 430, been to work, came to the dinner, and had to do a couple of other things before going to bed where they weren’t going to get done at all. but it really would be cool if we could make this happen a little more often and if more people came out. 

It’s true that a lot of us have kids and jobs and other things. However, I honestly would like to come out more often. It was really nice to see everybody and it would be fun to see everybody a little more often. It’s been too long, and honestly a lot of that is on me because I kind of dislike most people lol.

This isn't directed solely at you and I get it, but either everyone says this and then no one goes, or only a few do manage to go providing a weak turnout.  It's unfortunate but the way things seem to work these days.  There are many other factors as well that venue owners and promoters have to compete with like having low funds, low gas, low emotional energy (because sometimes fuck dealing with people even if you actually like them), forgot to do laundry so literally nothing to wear, no one else I know is going, already drunk (cheaper to drink at home too), and Twitch has better DJs.

The power in my subdivision went out last night around 10 and I decided just laying on my bed in the dark was literally a better option than going out, so I'm guilty of this too.

This is why it's rare to find a nightly/weekly goth night / a club that just focuses on goth/alternative music in general.

I would love to see a club with a night dedicated to goth/industrial/EBM/grunge/metal/punk/new wave each on a different night catering to a different crowd.  It'll never happen though and I don't like it but I do accept it.  (in my head it's also 24/7/365 so you can just go hang out whenever, and it serves food.)

I was happy to see Tina's kid and his friends enjoying it too though.  The goth scene doesn't die, it just changes forms and gets passed on to the next generation.  Even the bartender said she liked the music and it was her first time hearing anything like it.  I love when I can introduce people to new things they enjoy.

51 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Thanks so much!  Looking forward to seeing the photos others took of the events too.

This isn't directed solely at you and I get it, but either everyone says this and then no one goes, or only a few do manage to go providing a weak turnout.  It's unfortunate but the way things seem to work these days.  There are many other factors as well that venue owners and promoters have to compete with like having low funds, low gas, low emotional energy (because sometimes fuck dealing with people even if you actually like them), forgot to do laundry so literally nothing to wear, no one else I know is going, already drunk (cheaper to drink at home too), and Twitch has better DJs.

The power in my subdivision went out last night around 10 and I decided just laying on my bed in the dark was literally a better option than going out, so I'm guilty of this too.

This is why it's rare to find a nightly/weekly goth night / a club that just focuses on goth/alternative music in general.

I would love to see a club with a night dedicated to goth/industrial/EBM/grunge/metal/punk/new wave each on a different night catering to a different crowd.  It'll never happen though and I don't like it but I do accept it.  (in my head it's also 24/7/365 so you can just go hang out whenever, and it serves food.)

I was happy to see Tina's kid and his friends enjoying it too though.  The goth scene doesn't die, it just changes forms and gets passed on to the next generation.  Even the bartender said she liked the music and it was her first time hearing anything like it.  I love when I can introduce people to new things they enjoy.

Oh, I know it wasn’t. I just really wish that we could’ve hung a bit longer because it made me so happy to see y’all and I want to do it more ☺️

13 minutes ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

Oh, I know it wasn’t. I just really wish that we could’ve hung a bit longer because it made me so happy to see y’all and I want to do it more ☺️

Keep an eye out for @BadKitty'd thing on the 24th then!  Not that we need to wait that long to hang out if anyone else wants to suggest something.

2 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Keep an eye out for @BadKitty'd thing on the 24th then!  Not that we need to wait that long to hang out if anyone else wants to suggest something.

~~~~~

I'm a crazy karaoke nut and dance floor hog.  Before Covid, my thing was renting a room at 168 KTV Bistro and Karaoke Box and just eat and yell at the mic.  Their now hours are 4pm to 12am.  I would rent a nice size room and people would come and go as their time allotted.  I would be there until closing time. :hrhr:

...just throwing that out there...

Dave (@sycosis) and I are happy to have spearheaded this memorial for Troy. We do not consider the $ to be a loss, but instead, it is a spend.  We spent the time, energy and money as a gift to Troy's memory and to all those who loved, cared about, and supported him. Thank you to everyone who attended, donated, helped with setup and tear down, DJ'd, worked the door, and otherwise just helped to help spread the word. 

For those interested, here is the cost breakdown:

Total Spend Food/Venue: -$1215.92
    Total Spend Décor and Supplies: -$1341.47

Total Donations to Cover Cost: $1070
Specified as donation to Troy's Mom at Club Door:  $142

2 hours ago, Marblez said:

Dave (@sycosis) and I are happy to have spearheaded this memorial for Troy. We do not consider the $ to be a loss, but instead, it is a spend.  We spent the time, energy and money as a gift to Troy's memory and to all those who loved, cared about, and supported him. Thank you to everyone who attended, donated, helped with setup and tear down, DJ'd, worked the door, and otherwise just helped to help spread the word. 

For those interested, here is the cost breakdown:

Total Spend Food/Venue: -$1215.92
    Total Spend Décor and Supplies: -$1341.47

Total Donations to Cover Cost: $1070
Specified as donation to Troy's Mom at Club Door:  $142

Oof, was that just for Joy Manor or was it for both venues?

Honestly that costs about as much as a night in a really fancy resort, and you probably had more enjoyment* doing this anyway.  Thanks for setting it up and having me out.

*by "enjoyment" I mean the event itself.  The reasons behind it are definitely not enjoyable, but this was a nice silver lining to a very large dark cloud over an ocean of sadness.

19 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Oof, was that just for Joy Manor or was it for both venues?

Honestly that costs about as much as a night in a really fancy resort, and you probably had more enjoyment* doing this anyway.  Thanks for setting it up and having me out.

*by "enjoyment" I mean the event itself.  The reasons behind it are definitely not enjoyable, but this was a nice silver lining to a very large dark cloud over an ocean of sadness.

The $1215 was for Joy Manor, the dinner location and the catered food. This is very reasonable for the locations and the food quality. I wouldn't do it differently if I could go back. These costs were mostly paid for by the donations and the Joy Manor cover charge amounts. 

It WAS a good night. And it WAS fun. 

Many of the extraneous costs were for items that can be reused for times that we get together again, which I do plan to do. 

44 minutes ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

Hello, I am new here.  I was at the goth pop up on Friday and met a few people.  I was the woman on the dance floor in the skirt with the crucifixes on it.  Please say Hi if you remember me or we chatted.  :) 

Hi Megan, I am Tina, I was the one in the long black lace dress. Glad you made it here. You'll get much better response if you introduce yourself here: https://www.detroitgothic.net/forum/4-the-dgn-hello-forum-info-rules-questions-introduce-or-re-introduce-yourself-here/

2 hours ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

Hello, I am new here.  I was at the goth pop up on Friday and met a few people.  I was the woman on the dance floor in the skirt with the crucifixes on it.  Please say Hi if you remember me or we chatted.  :) 

Hi Megan, I am Dave, Tina's husband - Red shirt.  Glad you went Friday  and glad you made it here.

9 hours ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

Hey, thanks for coming out and dancing to probably 1/3 of the songs I played.  I'm happy you enjoyed yourself so much and look forward to running into you again, hopefully with your husband as well if he's as nice as you are.  Maybe even drag him here.

Check out my post about other things to do in the area regarding nightlife, and if you know of any others let me know.

10 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Hey, thanks for coming out and dancing to probably 1/3 of the songs I played.  I'm happy you enjoyed yourself so much and look forward to running into you again, hopefully with your husband as well if he's as nice as you are.  Maybe even drag him here.

Check out my post about other things to do in the area regarding nightlife, and if you know of any others let me know.

Thanks!  I’ll check it out if I can figure out how, lol.  My husband is nice but shy.  He usually stays home with our daughter so I can go out dancing.  But when he isn’t working weekends we will go as a family to things like the Oddities expo, HearseFest, etc.  

27 minutes ago, Science_goth_Megan said:

Thanks!  I’ll check it out if I can figure out how, lol.  My husband is nice but shy.  He usually stays home with our daughter so I can go out dancing.  But when he isn’t working weekends we will go as a family to things like the Oddities expo, HearseFest, etc.  

I just posted in it, and I'll even link it here.

I'll go back to HearseFest when I get another hearse.  Kinda sad it moved out of Hell, but that parking lot was small especially after they put in that stupid golf course that took up half the parking space.  It's really just an overpriced tourist trap anyway.

Edited by Scary Guy

• TronRP unfeatured this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic