Pop-up Goth Club @ Joy Manor in Westland 2023-06-02 (memorial for Troy)

@Marblez has talked with Joy Manor who will host a goth club memorial event in their downstairs area.  Please note that there is no elevator, only stairs.

I'm going to DJ and anyone else that wants to spin is welcome to come as well.  Bring your own gear or a USB and plug into mine.  If someone wants to do CDs/vinyl I might be able to make that work too.

It's a paid bar (drinks wont be free) so keep that in mind too.  It's owned by the same owner as Token which is around the corner and I hear the drink prices are on par with them.

Address:

28999 Joy Road

Westland, MI

(behind The Token Lounge)

Doors:

9:00 PM - 2:00 PM

21+ - $5 cover.  Any additional profits made for the evening will go to Troy's mother to help cover expenses.  Donations are gladly accepted in person and on the gofundme as well.  @Marblez said she's eating the cost of a lot of it so even more money will go to Troy's mother.

Dress code:
Formal dress code not enforced, but preferred.  Troy was always dressed very well, we can at least try to do the same.

(Also for the record this event conflicts with like 3 other events that I know of.  I did not pick the night, but I am sorry if the untimely death of our friend is inconvenient for you.)

Edited by Scary Guy
Even more details

• Scary Guy changed the title to DGN Night @ Joy Manor in Westland 2023-06-02 (memorial for Troy)

@Scary Guy and @TronRP Consider this whole thread to be a discussion thread. Not the official announcement.

We have to have a cover as there is a charge to use the venue. Unless someone wants to pony up the cash for the room. The place is perfect for our needs, has a brand new sound board, black table coverings, red candles, stage for the DJs and will have a full cash bar with a dedicated bartender. Don't expect it to vibe like an existing club but instead, great music, good people, less drama, and a focus on memorializing Troy. Any door funds left after actual expenses for the night will absolutely go to Troy's mother. I'll be happy to show receipts when/if asked. 

3 hours ago, Anna Phylaxis said:

I posted the event underneath your post in the Other Stuff forum ☺️

Really confused why you wouldn't just post it here, unless they have me blocked too which is possible (and their loss.)

1 hour ago, Scary Guy said:

Really confused why you wouldn't just post it here, unless they have me blocked too which is possible (and their loss.)

I’m still getting the hang of being here again. So, let me do that lol. Or at least attempt to. We’ll see how it goes.

OK, spooky kids. I appreciate your patience with me, as I’m re-learning to navigate everything in here, and doing it from my phone. This is a real hoot, let me tell you what. But here we go:

Here is the Facebook link for the pop-up goth club night at Downstairs at Joy Manor. It starts at 9 PM, the cover is five dollars, it is a cash bar. DJ Scary Guy will be providing the tunes we all crave.

28999 Joy Rd.

Westland, 48185

Proceeds from the door are going directly to Troy’s mother.

https://facebook.com/events/s/pop-up-goth-club-troy-spiral-m/1664211470693602/

let me know if there’s anything more that I need to add or any place else you would like me to put this. I swear I’ll get the hang of this again. 😂

As the information here has now been streamlined to the specifics of the aforementioned event and GoFundMe, I will pin and feature this topic.

After June 2nd, I will feature a topic regarding the GoFundMe for Troy's mother.

• TronRP featured and pinned this topic
3 minutes ago, TronRP said:

As the information here has now been streamlined to the specifics of the aforementioned event and GoFundMe, I will pin and feature this topic.

After June 2nd, I will feature a topic regarding the GoFundMe for Troy's mother.

~~~~~

Never mind.  I already featured the GoFundMe post made by @BadKitty so it's all good.

:biggrin:

On 5/25/2023 at 7:40 PM, Anna Phylaxis said:

OK, spooky kids. I appreciate your patience with me, as I’m re-learning to navigate everything in here, and doing it from my phone. This is a real hoot, let me tell you what. But here we go:

Here is the Facebook link for the pop-up goth club night at Downstairs at Joy Manor. It starts at 9 PM, the cover is five dollars, it is a cash bar. DJ Scary Guy will be providing the tunes we all crave.

28999 Joy Rd.

Westland, 48185

Proceeds from the door are going directly to Troy’s mother.

https://facebook.com/events/s/pop-up-goth-club-troy-spiral-m/1664211470693602/

let me know if there’s anything more that I need to add or any place else you would like me to put this. I swear I’ll get the hang of this again. 😂

~~~~~

large.1031503012_7739notworthy042813.gif

PHONE!?!

I still run to my desktop to make a post.

large.1157545796_thumb_smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-050042713.gif

• Scary Guy changed the title to Pop-up Goth Club @ Joy Manor in Westland 2023-06-02 (memorial for Troy)

Memorial for Troy "Spiral" Crayson @ Joy Manor (sublevel 1 room 2)

! = Request

21:00 - Scary Guy
-----
Pink Floid - Shine on you Crazy Diamond (parts 1-7)
The Moody Blues (it was the wrong song anyway so I cut it short, sorry.)
A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran
Camouflage - The Great Commandment
PIL (Public Image Limited) - This is Not a Love Song
Romeo Void - Never Say Never
Martha and The Muffins - Echo Beach
Talk Talk - It's My Life

22:00
-----
Human League - Night People
Gang of Four - I Love a Man in Uniform
Soft Cell - Tainted Love
Torul - Mad World (Rob Dust Remix)
IAMX with Imogen Heap - My Secret Friend
Jaw - Creature of Masquerade (Apop Remix)
Merge - Lost in Eternity
Schiller with Heppner - Dream of You
!Camille - Obsession (Save your Love)
Anders Manga - Cars
Rotersand - Bastards Screaming
S.P.O.C.K. - Never Trust a Klingon
!Depeche Mode - Soothe my Soul (Rob Dust remix)
!Assemblage 23 - Document

23:00
-----
!Apoptygma Berzerk - Unicorn
Beborn Beton - Another World (extended remix)
Covenant - Dead Stars (club version)
De/Vision - Rage
Static Icon - It's a Lifestyle
!VNV Nation - Illusion (for Bobbi)
Diorama - HLA (Her Liquid Arms)
Diary of Dreams - The Plague
The Fair Sex - Not Now, Not Here
!Destroid - Lucretia my Reflection (Meg requested Sisters and I went another direction with it.)
Left Spine Down - She's Lost Control

00:00
-----
Rick Astley vs. Nine Inch Nails - The Hand that Gives you up
Orang Sector - Touch (Psyche version)
Out Out - Admire the Question
BiGod 20 - The Bog
!Killing Joke - Adorations
Drab Majesty - Dot in the Sky
Cold Cave - Confetti
Hooverphonic - Shake the Disease
The Tear Garden - Romulus and Venus
Gary Numan - Love Hurt Bleed
3TEETH - Pumped up Kicks
Numb - Blood
The Gothsicles - This Club is Closed

Fun fact, this was the first playlist I typed out with the Workman layout.  We've been learning how to type the wrong way for YEARS!

Among the requests and my own favorites I threw in a couple fetishy tracks I thought Troy would have liked.  I did do some of my overplayed favorites, but I'm the only one that plays them and I don't play out that often anymore.  I was going to do a strictly trad goth set but never got around to it.  Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and I got lots of complements on the music.  It was fun playing for a crowd that actually appreciates music.  I wish the turnout was better but three other goth nights and the fact that it was a memorial might have kept people away (and also the fact I was the DJ and a good chunk of the scene literally hates me, and I suck, and I can't mix.)

Then most left because they have family, jobs, or are just old now.  I'm happy some made it out at all!

Hopefully someone who took a bunch of photos can post them in a gallery on here.  If they only exist on Failbook, I'll never see them :(

32 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

gallery_4589_1202_14174.jpg

What did I miss?!?

Look at the picture of me. My arms have gone missing. 

Last night I facebook messaged everyone looking for my phone, I thought I left it in a box amd it was taken or thrown away. I was literally about to go dumpster diving at the park when I found it in my purse. LOL.

• TronRP unfeatured this topic
  • TronRP unpinned this topic