[10/08, Sat] NIN @ Joe Louis Arena

I'm stumped here.......I'm as into punk/industrial/gothic/music as a whole that doesn't suck as anyone you'll meet......who gives a rats as if people *appear* to be "normies"? Is it about the music, or about appearances? And if it's about appearances, is it about non-conforming, or about wearing the mall-approved non-conformist uniform? (which, of course, is a form of conforming)

NIN @ Joe Luis

on Oct 8th

7 pm

tix on sale this saturday !!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

For some reason, I don't really love live shows. They're too loud for me, I think. They actually hurt my ears; so much so that I've worn earplugs to 2 shows (Sisters of Mercy, & Hypnogaja) which sort of defeats the purpose, doesn't it? I did enjoy the new NIN cd though!

I only go to shows of bands that I know personally now; it's worth it for me if I get to hang out with the band afterward. And I don't know Trent, though I did meet him once at City Club in 1995 was it?

I'm stumped here.......I'm as into punk/industrial/gothic/music as a whole that doesn't suck as anyone you'll meet......who gives a rats as if people *appear* to be "normies"? Is it about the music, or about appearances? And if it's about appearances, is it about non-conforming, or about wearing the mall-approved non-conformist uniform? (which, of course, is a form of conforming)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I meant was that this CD is a departure from previous ones so that now mainstream audiences like it, and many of the older fans do not. No, the attending audience does not really matter. Rather, it is a reflection of changed musical style. And a change in a direction I personally do not like.

What I meant was that this CD is a departure from previous ones so that now mainstream audiences like it, and many of the older fans do not.  No, the attending audience does not really matter.  Rather, it is a reflection of changed musical style.  And a change in a direction I personally do not like.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not every band wants to make the same album 15 times. yes some can do it... AC/DC is a perfect example and so is Rage Against the Machine. Bands evolve just like nature and sometmes it is good and smetimes it isnt.

take KMFDM. It seems that every 3rd or so album is terrible. example:

(not counting MDFMK which i think is great) Symbols and Adios... two GREAT albums followed by what piece of crap.... attak

Trent has always evolved his music be it his lyrics or the way things sound. take Pretty hate for example.. he is the hurt scared little boy which leads into the anger hatefilled Broken and then reluctantly accepting Downward Spiral

and also... NIN has been popular with the "normies" since Pretty Hate Machine. 89x played head like a hole all the time. NIN has never really been undergroudn except for Broken.

I went to the Chicago show as well and I agree with SomeDansGuy's thoughts on the audience, however I thought the set list, (I went Friday night) was pretty good other then the 30 minute technical fuck up in the beginning of the show. They played 16 songs from all different albums with only 2 I recall off "with teeth" which I personally have to agree is a departure from the musical styles of NIN. I had hoped it would be a harder, rawer industrial album that harkened back to pretty hate machine but alas I was disappointed. I was nice though to hear some classic NIN live again after such a long departure from touring.

~TLS

So yeah. Skunkboys birthday was the 15th of this month. His brother who is so super awesome bought him tickets to the concert. His mother who is so super well you know,,, didnt order them on time so the seats are not the best. She couldn't figure out how to hit the enter button in under 3min.

Skunkboy being the super awesome stinkyfucker that he is is taking me to the show!

Sorry I'm totally geeked. I've only been to a few concerts. I'm excited. I missed my childhood days.

got my mainfloor tix. buyin six of those little bastards adds up...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You got mainfloor!!!!!

What I wouldn't give for main. I hate seats. No fighting, no moshing, no getting punched in the face for shits and giggles.

Well ok maybe but still, security can see you better in seats. I vowed I would never get a credit card again but it is essential for these matters!

Archived