what are you doing right now? (cont'd)

TronRP

3 hours ago, TronRP said:

Staying cool.  Can't afford another heat stoke. 

With climate change that's only going to get worse.  Water is good, A/C is better.  Personally I like cool basements (as I type this from my hellish attic lair with the AMD Threadripper reading 62-C°) as they require less energy to keep cool.

If no A/C unit is available, a swamp cooler isn't a bad option.  Just have to keep an eye on it to make sure the water doesn't sit for too long.  Window fans are also great, even multiple for a cross breeze.  I ran mine in the rain without issues too.

12 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

With climate change that's only going to get worse.  Water is good, A/C is better.  Personally I like cool basements (as I type this from my hellish attic lair with the AMD Threadripper reading 62-C°) as they require less energy to keep cool.

If no A/C unit is available, a swamp cooler isn't a bad option.  Just have to keep an eye on it to make sure the water doesn't sit for too long.  Window fans are also great, even multiple for a cross breeze.  I ran mine in the rain without issues too.

~~~~~

After suffering my first ever heat stroke in 2013, I've spent the last few years climatizing myself to a year round temperature between 80 to 85 degrees.  The only issue is, my Sunlight allergy spikes when I'm outside in temps of 92+ degrees.  I counter that by wearing Duluth Cooling Gear like Armachillo, AKHG and BEST MADE apparel.

:cool👍

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

After suffering my first ever heat stroke in 2013, I've spent the last few years climatizing myself to a year round temperature between 80 to 85 degrees.  The only issue is, my Sunlight allergy spikes when I'm outside in temps of 92+ degrees.  I counter that by wearing Duluth Cooling Gear like Armachillo, AKHG and BEST MADE apparel.

:cool👍

I'm more comfortable around 78-83, but that's still too hot for most people.

I'm getting ready to go to the venue to check things out/possibly set up lighting (I'm hoping Stu will let me use his lightshow instead because my stuff is heavy.)

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Are you LARPing?

I got video of one guy throwing one to the ground and slammed the other guy in the face with an axe, (heard people say throat) All in full armor. i almost joined and trained with this guy last year 

31 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

No at a Festival as part of a history/educational group. Was talking about hema and buhurt. I only know German longsword and English saber.

17 minutes ago, SlavicGoth said:

I got video of one guy throwing one to the ground and slammed the other guy in the face with an axe, (heard people say throat) All in full armor. i almost joined and trained with this guy last year 

~~~~~

Coolness and Yikes!

So apparently, right now, I'm learning something new about a person.

:biggrin: