what are you doing right now? (cont'd)

TronRP

Plowing through another boatload of emails.  I was suppose to have one from a service that called 2 days ago, but it never showed up.  I wonder if he forgot. 

🤔

Currently trying to figure out what to wear.  I have to do a gutter repair, but the heat has been crazy hot.  If this isn't fixed, there is a window in jeopardy of deteriorating.

I am snickering to myself about the item I just "won" that they would like to bill me $80 for. It saddens me how many would enjoy their "win"...and then won't be able to cover their car notes. Seems an apt reflection of our America First culture these days. Soon we will smell the tinge of dead leaves in the air. Soon..it will be November.

Taking a break from today's clean up and getting ready to purchase Prom tickets for the girl.  She will be accompanied by her father.  He's providing the sound equipment for the event.

😁

Getting back in from picking the girl up from her Mock-Prom...however, it may as well be the real Prom as the school never confirmed anything regarding a Prom for the CT Alumni.  So I am glad she got the chance to go to this little gathering.  She had fun.

💃🕺

8 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Putting off going to bed. Long night last night out in Eastpointe with group of friends that apparently I need all of Sunday to recover from. lol

~~~~~

How far do you have to drive to get to Eastpoint.  I used to attend classes there when it was still called East Detroit...before they changed their name after announcing that their affiliation with the word "Detroit" was causing them to lose funding. 

13 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

about 45ish minutes via Telegraph and 696. We usually meet up in the Eastpointe Plaza just south of 696; Kroger's there, Boost mobile, ACE hardware, CSL Plasma are some of the stores/store fronts I remember there.

~~~~~

Kroger?!?  I think you may mean the Eastgate Shopping Center on Gratiot.  That's Roseville.  I practically live at the White Castle up the street on the Corner of Gratiot and the I-696 Service Drive.  😁

...but you are about a half mile from Eastpointe. 

8 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Kroger?!?  I think you may mean the Eastgate Shopping Center on Gratiot.  That's Roseville.  I practically live at the White Castle up the street on the Corner of Gratiot and the I-696 Service Drive.  😁

...but you are about a half mile from Eastpointe. 

Yeah. The border of Roseville and Eastpointe's like right there, And that's too funny.

6 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Yeah. The border of Roseville and Eastpointe's like right there, And that's too funny.

~~~~~

Yeah, I find it funny too.  A half mile, 10 miles, it doesn't matter.  If a serious crime is committed, it all becomes DETROIT and we get blamed for it.

🤣

• TronRP pinned, unpinned and pinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Topics

• ~~~~~ What angers me the most about the entire incident is that it shouldn't have even been a thing.  I take my vehicle in for service every year and they are supposed to do specific point inspections for each maintenance check.  My brake line was completely rusted through and finally gave up the goat.  When I mentioned that at the service center and also how they said I was supposed to have an undercarriage zinc wash, the first thing the rep said was, "Well, you know how the weather is here and how the rain water and salt can corrode the underside of vehicles."    Yeah, I almost lost it.  That was the reason for me having the anti-corrosion wash done!  Literally, all 3 brake lines were 100% corroded on the external with the one eaten completely through.   I told them that thanks to this, when I get my vehicle back, I'm going to be under there with my inspection mirror because now I don't trust anything.  She then goes on to tell me that I hadn't been there since September of 2022.  But a service should last longer than one month and my vehicle started slowly losing break fluid less than 6 months later with being driven half the usual time and distance due to a change in Trene's doctors being closer to the Detroit city limit.   I have always worked on my vehicles myself.  Growing up, my father was an off and on mechanic and my brother was a military mechanic, so working on vehicles is practically in my blood.  The only thing I don't do is undercarriage stuff because I do not have the equipment for it, but I have a shade-tree mechanic neighbor who is willing to help me out with that.  My dealership warranty was up in 2019, so I have no issues with handling things myself going forward.   ~~~~~ My sister's situation was caused by an accident and the last thing I need is for her to lose faith in my abilities due to someone else's inability to properly do their job because auto places generally have an unspoken rule that they can get more work and money of off female drivers because we don't understand our vehicles and need their assistance. 
    • Oh my gosh! I am so sorry that you guys had to go through this. That’s just awful…
    • https://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/2024/05/gothic-invasion-coming-to-michigans-adventure-this-summer.html?utm_campaign=mlivedotcom_sf&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAAR3VbegOm2MQTxW9N2M7foB6VBXZFQgu9hQUgmRzWKcS2cckNt6m545Nh1I_aem_AQUOEm_z1UxtbprTeWswRtUS_wF25r0jt3VhAfnUvAkDX9DVtRoFPPtkP_OJs-FN_1iy5wuzR3dnRDmHoeYlOu1-   MUSKEGON, MI - A swarm of people dressed in their gothic best will be making their way to Michigan’s Adventure next month. The Darkness Underground, an Illinois-based gothic event group, is inviting people to participate in the inaugural Gothic Invasion at Michigan’s largest amusement park on Sunday, June 30.
    • 🎈 Eat Cake and Be Merry 🎈
    • Board Domination Week CXXVI Day 2 - Monday's Top Ranks   1. TronRP - 20 posts 2. Simon Bar Sinister - 9 posts 3. know_buddy_kares - 9 posts   Possible Rank Contenders 4. et-novum - 6 posts 5. Anna Phylaxis - 5 posts

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.