How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

I am pretty excited.  I just had a interview at a organization today and pending my background check they are going to train me and help get me certified as a Substance Abuse Counselor!  I am scared of course to get back into the world of human services but I kind of been inspired recently.  I'm literally the happiest I have ever been and could cry because I'm like all the positive things starting to happen feel like..wtf is this how people are supposed to feel? Is everyone in the world not so terrible after all? I'm kinda in awe like omg I finally did something right!  Everything is aligning and I'm wtfing still.

Edited by kat

3 minutes ago, kat said:

I am pretty excited.  I just had a interview at a organization today and pending my background check they are going to train me and help get me certified as a Substance Abuse Counselor!  I am scared of course to get back into the world of human services but I kind of been inspired recently.  I'm literally the happiest I have ever been and could cry because I'm like all the positive things starting to happen feel like..wtf is this how people are supposed to feel? Is everyone in the world not so terrible after all? I'm kinda in awe like omg I finally did something right!  Everything is aligning and I'm wtfing still.

This is so cool! Congratulations! 

I hope everything clears and that the honeymoon stage for the new gig lasts until retirement :)

23 minutes ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

This is so cool! Congratulations! 

I hope everything clears and that the honeymoon stage for the new gig lasts until retirement :)

Thank you! Same.  I know it will be challenging but I believe I am being led in that direction somehow.  I'm tired of so many people dying,  the family crying and the  feeling of helplessness. I want to do something. At least try. ❤

Edited by kat

9 minutes ago, kat said:

Thank you! Same.  I know it will be challenging but I believe I am being led in that direction somehow.  I'm tired of so many people dying,  the family crying and the  feeling of helplessness. I want to do something. At least try. ❤

~~~~~

It was like you were in your element before.  You were practically glowing.  I hope the system has improved for employees this time around since it has been a minute.

:heart:

15 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

It was like you were in your element before.  You were practically glowing.  I hope the system has improved for employees this time around since it has been a minute.

:heart:

Thank you.  They have a different approach to treatment here. They let me know that they are investing alot into training me and I am committing myself to see this through. I was upfront about my own shit, too. I am actually going to be able to teach the skills that I have learned from DBT to my people here. I'm excited and glad I told them I went through that therapy myself.

I got my official offer today and start Monday 😊

Edited by kat

Feeling so disappointed that I passed out sometime during the eating of lunch.  I just knew I was going to be taking care of business outdoors.  However, I am glad that none of the girls helped themselves to my Chicken Parmesan Sub that sat next to me the entire time I was starring at the inside of my eyelids...for like 5 hours.

🥪🐈

1 hour ago, WhiteLines said:

Bad all bad, Oh, not that I feel bad, it was that I have a bad feeling. Yes. I've got a bad feeling about all of this...

~~~~~

When I have feelings like that, I follow my gut.

Be aware and be careful.

4 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Oh no, don't say that.

2 hours ago, WhiteLines said:

Yeah, do say that. Let's just call it sad for now. That works.

I mean even if she didn't say it (including to herself) it isn't like it wouldn't still exist.  Unacknowledged or unrealized sadness is still sadness.

One of the worst parts about depression is having all of your needs met and still feeling empty / unhappy.