How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

Like when I ask the sister to be home by 9 (works til 730, which gives time for travel and a short time to do what she wants), I'm completely ignored. With dad back in the hospital (infected sore on his left leg), I'm basically "on call" for him while (aside from her one thing yesterday) the sister decides to go off and do what she wants. Asked her to be home by 9 or she gets locked out and she replies with I'm not the boss and I don't get to lock her out. 

So, while she gets to go off and does whatever, it leaves me here at home to mind the house, feed the dog, and be on call for dad. All while working as well and trying to do my writing stuff. Work still isn't actually open, and I'm probably looking at another 4 hours of "work" tomorrow; putting me at about 24/25 hours for this pay week. It should be closer to 40 hours, but we're not open. I should apply to Shipt again.

Feeling totally useless today.  I could barely stay awake today after yesterday's grass cutting.  What would have normally taken 4.5 hours ended up taking closer to 8 hours.  I feel it is necessary to note how very important it is to have a functioning Self-Propel system on a "Walk Behind" lawnmower because that system helps offset the weight of the engine.  The bigger the engine, the heavier it is and the stronger the Self-Propel system needs to be.

Sore. Standing for some 6 hours today and actually doing work (yet another "soft" opening before the wall comes down). Knee's sore (years of dislocating the knee cap I'm thinking). And I think my sciatic nerve is knotted in a way if I move in a way it pulls. 

1 hour ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Sore. Standing for some 6 hours today and actually doing work (yet another "soft" opening before the wall comes down). Knee's sore (years of dislocating the knee cap I'm thinking). And I think my sciatic nerve is knotted in a way if I move in a way it pulls. 

~~~~~

Have you tried looking into compression gear like Tommie Copper?

I was in Canada last week. I had two problems causing a lot of pain. First, my right bicep tendon tore off and I'm getting an MRI tomorrow. Second, was driving a 4x4 side by side vehicle and it slipped down a rut and the tire hit a tree. The vehicle bounced backward and bent my left thumb backward.

I am seeing the surgeon again on the 18th.

14 hours ago, Raven Orlock said:

I was in Canada last week. I had two problems causing a lot of pain. First, my right bicep tendon tore off and I'm getting an MRI tomorrow. Second, was driving a 4x4 side by side vehicle and it slipped down a rut and the tire hit a tree. The vehicle bounced backward and bent my left thumb backward.

I am seeing the surgeon again on the 18th.

~~~~~

Dude...wait...did all of this happen on the same trip you mentioned you were going on with your dad.  Hopefully not the same day...

*having sympathy pains*

I feel like I was asleep and than I woke back up. I am trying to rid myself of this cold before, well before this afternoon at 230 now...lol. I think I need delsym this robitussin is doing pretty good but I had to get the stuff that knocks me out so I hope I can fall back to sleep.  K. Good night part two.

Edited by kat

Like the house isn't gonna get cleaned. All my stuff is in my room or packed in the garage. Everything else is either one of the sisters' or my dad's. I know there's stuff they wanna keep/go through, but I'm at the point of telling the sister to take care of it (save/throw away) or I'm gonna just toss it and you won't like that.

I'm finally got the motivation to be making plans and wanting to do them, but really can't because of the overall mess of the house. Part of it is my sister's making plans to do after work and won't come home until late and then will go to work. IDK what to do since I've told her several times to focus more on the house instead of going out. 

Edited by NocteSpiritus

I feel like I was very delirious last night.  The last thing I remembered was 10:41pm last night and then 5am this morning.  Fortunately, I was in bed.  So I suppose my body felt it needed that sleep.

10 hours ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Like the house isn't gonna get cleaned. All my stuff is in my room or packed in the garage. Everything else is either one of the sisters' or my dad's. I know there's stuff they wanna keep/go through, but I'm at the point of telling the sister to take care of it (save/throw away) or I'm gonna just toss it and you won't like that.

I'm finally got the motivation to be making plans and wanting to do them, but really can't because of the overall mess of the house. Part of it is my sister's making plans to do after work and won't come home until late and then will go to work. IDK what to do since I've told her several times to focus more on the house instead of going out. 

~~~~~

Around here, if I'm getting ready to start on something, I give everyone a 2 week notice.  Anything that is not done by that time becomes null and void on their part.  Once I start working on it, they still have the freedom to grab stuff, but they had better take it with them because if they set it back down in my way, it's gone or handled in the way I see fit.

Not saying you can get that drastic, but let them know you will call the shots if nothing else is done.

On 6/10/2019 at 7:59 AM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Around here, if I'm getting ready to start on something, I give everyone a 2 week notice.  Anything that is not done by that time becomes null and void on their part.  Once I start working on it, they still have the freedom to grab stuff, but they had better take it with them because if they set it back down in my way, it's gone or handled in the way I see fit.

Not saying you can get that drastic, but let them know you will call the shots if nothing else is done.

Oh, the sister knows I'm at the point. It's her going off and being with her friend (and her nieces/nephews) instead of being at home and doing what we've discussed.

This week alone she decided to drop the "friend's now homeless for a week until a lot opens at the trailer park down the street, and we're keeping some of her stuff here in the garage". I didn't spend time between two days to reorganize the garage for that to happen; and yeah I was upset. Any bet she wouldn't like it if I did it. And last night decided to stay at the motel with them. 

I'm getting tired of her going off like this when she's not working. I was on my feet 8 hours yesterday and today with no break (we're allowed a 30 minute break for food). I had food yesterday, but didn't get to eat until I got home (picked at the fries at work); and had no food at all until I got home today after stopping real quick at the store. Just over 16 hours on my feet between two days, I wanna come home and chill for a while before doing any house hold chores. I was gonna go see a movie today, but didn't trust the sister to be home to let the dog out after being locked up all day.

Keep in mind that Friday the morning/opening dishwasher/utility person just walked out, and after a quick talk with the chief (original time was 9-5) because I'd come in to a mess at 9 and it'd take a good time to dent the dish mess to come in at 7 and avoid that. 

I don't feel like doing housework when I'm coming off of an 8 hour shift with no break/food and the sister's off doing whatever she wants to do. So ... yeah, she knows that if I start cleaning the house, it's gonna get purged. If it looks like it might be important, it'll be saved, otherwise it's gonna get trashed. Of course I don't feel like purging when my knee's hurting, my left foot feels like I strained a muscle, and both ankles hurt.

Like no matter how many times I've talked with management at work, certain members of the wait staff cannot:

1. Empty the plastic glassware into what's used to contain the ice and then rack said glassware. Some would empty the contains and just leave the glassware/coffee mug right there on the deck (what I call the dirty dish area in the pit) or leave the glassware in the ice catcher. Today I told 2 of the wait staff (not blaming them, just general overall) that leaving the glassware like that needs to stop.

2. Grasp the concept of stacking like dishes together. Doing that makes my job easier, so I can just rack it all up (scrubbing if needed) and rinse off before putting them through the machine.

3. (or 2b) putting silverware and ramukins (sauce cups/spin dip dishes) in their respected soak tubs. I'm half ready to put the silver container into that tub so the wait staff can do that.

Trust me, the kitchen of a restaurant is no joke (this is my 4th not counting McDonald's), it's barely contained chaos. But anything that makes my job as dishwasher easier is greatly appreciated.

Though after the comment I heard today (I was doing a freezer pull. from our main freezer to our kitchen one), I'm half tempted to invite the next person who says it (something like 'don't we have a dishwasher?/Where's our dishwasher?") to do what I do with no break or food and stand by that point pushing 7 hours. Oh, and you gotta do it by yourself. Why? Because that's what I do until 2 when the next disher comes in. The organized pile of dishes took me 20 minutes (30 tops when the other disher came in and started putting stuff away) to clear through. 

Pain...so much pain.  I started on yard detailing at 7:22 this morning and just decided to call it quits at 8:23pm.  As my body started relaxing, all the aches and pains started waking up.  Now my body feel like it's screaming.  So now I will take a painkiller and stretch out. 

On 6/12/2019 at 8:56 PM, TronRP said:

Pain...so much pain.  I started on yard detailing at 7:22 this morning and just decided to call it quits at 8:23pm.  As my body started relaxing, all the aches and pains started waking up.  Now my body feel like it's screaming.  So now I will take a painkiller and stretch out. 

epsom salt bath should minimize the pain of over-exerted muscles, fyi

On 6/12/2019 at 8:56 PM, TronRP said:

A nice hot bath (with a bath bomb maybe) after work tomorrow. 3/4 days so far doing 8 hour straight (1 day with food and no break, 1 day with food and break, and 2 days with no food/break). We'll see how my friday works out. If I do a full 8 again, hello almost 40 hours.

Like the 39 some hour week I just spent busting ass (due to the original morning disher/utility person) went to waste because the actual lazy disher who showed up today wanted to toss that on me. Like really, dude? I was the only disher/prepper (portioned out food in baggies) yesterday. And I was the only prepper yesterday. Today, before I left for the day, my manger asked if I was willing to come in and work tomorrow due to not having a morning disher.

To keep track:

5 - worked days

4 - 8 hour shifts

1 - half hour break (we're supposed to be getting these)

2 - days with employee meals

1 - day of portioning food, wash dishes, repeat until we get slammed for about two hours

And yet I'm lazy when, upon asked what I do for washing silverware I do something else. Yes, being called lazy was sparked by a front of house manager asking for silverware. The other disher had grabbed a flat rack and asked if I used that. We have three silverware racks that I use to sort said silverware BEFORE using the flat rack and washing it all. He goes and just dumps the silverware onto the rack and washes it.

Now, I half joked about earning a pin (seahorse pin) that employees can earn yesterday about the amount of work I did. Do I actually expect to receive said pin? Not really; since I had to ask about getting a sailboat pin employees receive after training. It'd be an actual shock if I get the seahorse pin.

image.jpeg

image.png

On 6/14/2019 at 8:56 PM, torn asunder said:

epsom salt bath should minimize the pain of over-exerted muscles, fyi

~~~~~

Actually, my muscles were the only things not hurting...😁

I'm horribly stressed.  I'm pushing my limits and taking autodidactism as far as I ever have this year.  Bodybuilding, lockpicking, crotchet, music making, novel revision, a massive amount of books to read, psychology data collecting, learning Japanese, studying meditation and meditating, taking care of guinea pigs, guitar, violin, and any day I walk into work I can be hit by a surprise 12 hour shift.  Its like standing under a waterfall of stress hormones sometimes but if I keep pushing myself I figure the stress is a puzzle that can be solved and mostly gotten rid of.  The opposite side of the stress is that the more you do the more meaningful life becomes.

Edited by Class-Punk

• TronRP pinned this topic