How Are You Feeling? (cont'd)

TronRP

6 hours ago, kat said:

My little brother has covid. I'm scared to death. He's not being treated and my mom said he started coughing yesterday,  prior to that I don't think he was actually sick but I am terrified.  We are all very scared.

~~~~~

Hugs ❤️

Keeping you and your family in our prayers.

I'm stiff/sore as always, and my feet really hurt.  Likely due to the neuropathy.  I'm coughing a bit, but that's normal for me.  Otherwise, I'm doing okay... tired, but that's also normal.

I am worried, though.  People at work have COVID, and others exposed.  Waiting on the news as to whether a coworker tested positive.  

I feel like trash.  The barometric pressure is wreaking havoc on all of my many years of injuries.  The nagging pain is driving me crazy.  Usually I can take one aspirin or Ibuprofen and I'm good for the rest the day.  Not this time.  The pain returned in exactly 3 hour, right at the point that the instructions says to take more as needed.  That is new for me.  It would typically to anywhere from 7 to 12 hours before stuff wears off.  But if I'm going to stay functional, I guess I had better take more before the pain gets to bad to sit up.

😬

7 hours ago, TronRP said:

I feel like trash.  The barometric pressure is wreaking havoc on all of my many years of injuries.  The nagging pain is driving me crazy.  Usually I can take one aspirin or Ibuprofen and I'm good for the rest the day.  Not this time.  The pain returned in exactly 3 hour, right at the point that the instructions says to take more as needed.  That is new for me.  It would typically to anywhere from 7 to 12 hours before stuff wears off.  But if I'm going to stay functional, I guess I had better take more before the pain gets to bad to sit up.

😬

Tylenol arthritis works really awesome. 

I feel like I'm getting tired of being too tired to go to sleep every night.  This is really getting old.  It's going on 2 weeks now that I can't seem to go to bed before 3am.  Unfortunately, I need to chauffeur to Southfield later today.  But at least classes don't start until 10am...so I can sleep in a bit.

After yesterday's constant "on the go" ripping and running around from location to location and dropping off supplies and processing deliveries after chauffeuring, I feel happy to just be awake and able to move right now.

I have to admit, although I have been feeling tired, my body has been feeling the best it has in years.  I purchased a Copper Fit Compression Support Belt last Saturday and it has worked wonders.  Because the compression element is adjustable, I can even sleep in it by undoing the compression while I'm sleep and redoing it while I'm up and about.  This leads me to believe that I may be in a state of healing which is what is causing me to feel so exhausted.

However, this morning, I was actually able to wake up in time enough to attend the Friday Class Connect Sessions.  And I must admit, I have been out of abdominal and hip pain since last Saturday...but so far, only while I'm wearing the support belt.

• 3 weeks later...

The bone in my wrist shifted a few days ago and the nerves are aggravated which has been driving me crazier than usual.  I dislocated that bone over 20 years ago.  It is interesting that it is started to act up now after all of this time.  Then again...old age...😏

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been emotionally and mentally exhausted lately.  Things with my husband aren't going well and I suspect that's deliberate on his part.  I typed out a long saga and then erased it.  None of it really matters, I guess.  But if things don't change drastically, and soon, I don't see us together by the end of the year.  And who knows? I might even be happier if we weren't.  

22 hours ago, BadKitty said:

I've been emotionally and mentally exhausted lately.  Things with my husband aren't going well and I suspect that's deliberate on his part.  I typed out a long saga and then erased it.  None of it really matters, I guess.  But if things don't change drastically, and soon, I don't see us together by the end of the year.  And who knows? I might even be happier if we weren't.  

~~~~~

Remember, you are not alone in situations like this.  There are outreach programs and substance abuse sites and hotlines available to you.  Do I have your permission to spam slam them on you?

❤️

On 2/5/2021 at 7:11 PM, BadKitty said:

I get it having experienced it with my sister for the better part of 10 or so years. There's been a few times she's OD'd and was brought back. I hadn't wanted anything to do with her after a few years; but still had to deal with the drama because my father was trying to help her.

If it helps, and I know you wanna help him (some want it, some don't). But at some point you're gonna need to pull yourself from the situation and be like 'I'm done' and do what you need to to walk away.

1 hour ago, NocteSpiritus said:

I get it having experienced it with my sister for the better part of 10 or so years. There's been a few times she's OD'd and was brought back. I hadn't wanted anything to do with her after a few years; but still had to deal with the drama because my father was trying to help her.

If it helps, and I know you wanna help him (some want it, some don't). But at some point you're gonna need to pull yourself from the situation and be like 'I'm done' and do what you need to to walk away.

I'm just about at this point.  A few days ago we had what is commonly referred to as a "come to Jesus" talk.  I made it clear that the lines in the sand are gone and are now written in a way that cannot be erased or moved.  ONE more instance of him using, no matter how much or how little, and he's out the door.  It will be HIS choice.  He can have his crack, or he can have me.  But he cannot have both.  The biggest issue is, I think, that he doesn't think he deserves better... and with covid, his meetings aren't happening.  SMART Recovery's only live meeting is Saturday mornings and it's held in a part of Hines Park - outside.  Just not an option.

But I told him that I can't see it as not being supportive, because I have been.  I'm at a point where I have to set healthy boundaries and stick to them, for my own sake.  

@TronRP thanks for the offer, but no need for the resources.  I've got my own via the Family and Friends network with SMART Recovery, as well as people I know who have gone through this.  He has to make the choice to stop, or not.  I can't control it or him, I can only control my reaction to it.  

2 minutes ago, BadKitty said:

I'm just about at this point.  A few days ago we had what is commonly referred to as a "come to Jesus" talk.  I made it clear that the lines in the sand are gone and are now written in a way that cannot be erased or moved.  ONE more instance of him using, no matter how much or how little, and he's out the door.  It will be HIS choice.  He can have his crack, or he can have me.  But he cannot have both.  The biggest issue is, I think, that he doesn't think he deserves better... and with covid, his meetings aren't happening.  SMART Recovery's only live meeting is Saturday mornings and it's held in a part of Hines Park - outside.  Just not an option.

But I told him that I can't see it as not being supportive, because I have been.  I'm at a point where I have to set healthy boundaries and stick to them, for my own sake.  

One would think with the cold snap, that exceptions would have been made to move that meeting inside until it passes. Or move it onto Zoom. As an option. 

And yes, it is his own choice to either keep using or get clean. My sister finally got clean after all this time, but it took several bouts of going through rehab that didn't work and finally a non-denominational church program that actually stuck with her. 

Just now, NocteSpiritus said:

One would think with the cold snap, that exceptions would have been made to move that meeting inside until it passes. Or move it onto Zoom. As an option. 

And yes, it is his own choice to either keep using or get clean. My sister finally got clean after all this time, but it took several bouts of going through rehab that didn't work and finally a non-denominational church program that actually stuck with her. 

Their normal meeting place is at a catholic church, and they won't allow the meetings to be held there.  If it were Zoom, Jeff wouldn't participate in it.  He needs the "in person."  I've attended the in person meetings with him, and I see the benefit with him.  

As for rehab, he went to inpatient rehab in the fall of 2018.  He was there from the day after Labor Day, until October 14th.  The total cost of rehab was over $46,000, which my insurance paid 100%.  That was my previous employer.  The current employer/insurance will only pay 75% after I reach my deductible, and we can't afford for that.  As for church, that is NEVER an option.  Atheist and church just doesn't go together.   That's one reason he went with SMART Recovery instead of one of the 12 step models.  

Covid has made everything that much worse.  Not only because of the lack of in-person meetings, but also the distractions and activities he used to combat cravings just aren't really possible right now.  Add in winter weather, and it cuts that list down even more.  So, right now it's a day at a time.  

• TronRP pinned this topic