What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

I think OSHA will be crawlin up our ass tomorrow. Electrician was on a 12 ft ladder and fell off thru the ceiling grid and knocked himself the f out. Me and another guy was first on the scene, took like 5 minutes to get him to regain consciousness. I got electrician blood all over me. Paramedics hauled him out on a stretcher. It was a typical Monday I reckon.

42 minutes ago, WhiteLines said:

I think OSHA will be crawlin up our ass tomorrow. Electrician was on a 12 ft ladder and fell off thru the ceiling grid and knocked himself the f out. Me and another guy was first on the scene, took like 5 minutes to get him to regain consciousness. I got electrician blood all over me. Paramedics hauled him out on a stretcher. It was a typical Monday I reckon.

I sincerely hope this wasn't a typical Monday! 

And if it is I hope OSHA actually does something right for once. 

I'm sorry that sounds like a horrible time 

12 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Yeah just do it and fuck all else, as it's the punk way after all.

If I was a perfectionist I'd never get anything done.  Partly because ADHD, but also because my dad half-asses everything and that's who I learned it from.

They say never let perfect be the enemy of good, and I say those people need to be beaten until they do it right.

But when you're creating something, it really isn't supposed to be anything until it is whatever it's going to be.  You get to decide when it's "done" and ready for an audience.

I'm too used to FL Studio and refuse to give it up for another DAW but it has default mastering issues.  I was reading last night that the default mastering options in FL Studio reduce the low bass and high frequencies where they should be. 

So what happens is that if you take two total amateurs with the same hardware making a song with virtual piano and drums, as an example, one in FL Studio and one in another DAW like Sonar, the FL Studio version will sound less sonically broad, less professional, and less engaging to anyone listening compared to a typical song on the radio. 

So I tried it on one partly done song by EQing the master effects channel and adding a max loudness limiter and it seems to have helped, I'm going to focus on that more rather than try to take on what feels like an entire other skillset.

1 hour ago, WhiteLines said:

~~~~~

DUDE!!!

31 minutes ago, oXMiahGraceXo said:

I sincerely hope this wasn't a typical Monday! 

And if it is I hope OSHA actually does something right for once. 

I'm sorry that sounds like a horrible time 

~~~~~

In his line of business, things like that are par for the course.

You try to be careful, but stuff happens...and generally...on a Monday.  It's like the Universe is upset that the general population takes the weekends off. 

2 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

DUDE!!!

~~~~~

In his line of business, things like that are par for the course.

You try to be careful, but stuff happens...and generally...on a Monday.  It's like the Universe is upset that the general population takes the weekends off. 

Yeah after all these years in the building trades I'm so numb and dead to things like this that one of the first things I said about it was pointing to where some aluminum track that we needed to demolition had been and saying "Well at least all that sign track's taken down now." 

Just now, WhiteLines said:

Yeah after all these years in the building trades I'm so numb and dead to things like this that one of the first things I said about it was pointing to where some aluminum track that we needed to demolition had been and saying "Well at least all that sign track's taken down now." 

And when the dude came too and looked over to see his blood all over the floor I was like "Yep ya lost a lil bit of fluid there, now look o'er this way don't worry bout that shit."

48 minutes ago, WhiteLines said:

And when the dude came too and looked over to see his blood all over the floor I was like "Yep ya lost a lil bit of fluid there, now look o'er this way don't worry bout that shit."

Yikes on trikes! I had a friend who was a butcher and she used to just randomly jump into chat and casually mention that she had like drove a hook through her hand by accident or something else right out of a horror movie. 

To be serious though,  I was in Westland today. I don't know my way around there but I was driving and Fairchild street was just right there, chillin than on my way back, I drove past The Red Apple didn't even realize it at first and when I did it was really sad to see.

Edited by kat

7 minutes ago, kat said:

To be serious though,  I was in Westland today. I don't know my way around there but I was driving and Fairchild street was just right there, chillin than on my way back, I drove past The Red Apple didn't even realize it at first and when I did it was really sad to see.

I felt like that when I went into The Black Salt which used to be Mephisto's, as it was very bittersweet.

3 minutes ago, kat said:

My bf

Your what now?  First I'm hearing of this, so congratulations!

Edited by Scary Guy

7 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Thank you! He is so kind to me and accepts me for all my oddities and laughs with me at my ridiculousness..I'm like no way, I can't believe you exist. 

And brings me roses, opens the door for me, drives to the door and has me wait when it's raining to get car. We have so much fun doing absolutely nothing just rolling our asses off saying stupid, off the wall, goofball stuff. 

..he treats me like a princess and I am still wtfing. 

Edited by kat

1 hour ago, kat said:

And brings me roses, opens the door for me, drives to the door and has me wait when it's raining to get car. We have so much fun doing absolutely nothing just rolling our asses off saying stupid, off the wall, goofball stuff. 

..he treats me like a princess and I am still wtfing. 

Yes, I've had that reaction like "I'm a horrible person and deserve none of this why is this a thing?"

When it works it's wonderful though, and I'm happy you have the wonderful.  Enjoy it for as long as you possibly can.

2 hours ago, kat said:

My bf is craving chocolate and doesn't eat sweets.

2 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

~~~~~

👀

I was with SG on this one.  How could this happen and I not know.

I'm happy for you, but I'm going to need a picture...

i'm thinking I should be trying to go back to sleep, but I slept so hard earlier that I almost couldn't wake up.  Then when I did, there were emergency crews grouping at the intersection of our street because they were lost trying to find where they were going and shinning a giant flood light into all of our windows.

By the time I did a walkabout and finished checking on all the houses, I was too awake to go back to sleep, but I can't do any work that might exhaust me as I have to chauffeur to another appointment in a few hours.

This balancing act is hard.

😐

16 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

👀

I was with SG on this one.  How could this happen and I not know.

I'm happy for you, but I'm going to need a picture...

I will try and take more. I tried to get him to join. He said he will maybe this weekend.  Yay.

16 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Yes, I've had that reaction like "I'm a horrible person and deserve none of this why is this a thing?"

When it works it's wonderful though, and I'm happy you have the wonderful.  Enjoy it for as long as you possibly can.

I keep doing it and I'm like, thank you for your patience with me. 

13 hours ago, SlavicGoth said:

Seeing some interesting sights at the oddities show. Ive been brainstorming about another photography project but it would be pretty crazy and extreme. First I need to figure out how to make giant 10ft wings for props and find some connections 

~~~~~

Start with Copper tubing, PVC or CPVC and go from there.  If you think the wings will be too heavy, go with Galvanize pipe or Black Iron.