What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

On 7/8/2023 at 3:51 AM, Scary Guy said:

"Bad stuff" is very subjective.  I like to reserve judgement until the charges are laid out and the trial has run its course.  Even then the court of public opinion may still hang people.

In a way I hope he did whatever it was to warrant that type of a response, because if he didn't that would mean the system made a mistake and harassed an innocent man.  I'm not really sure which is worse but I guess it depends on the severity of the alleged crime and the level of harassment in response to that.

Unfortunately this was a case where he already had been scheduled to turn himself in after a month to tie up loose ends. He was already going to jail for four years but missed his deadline and the cops was here on the warrant.  He was making crack right in the apartment this time. 

Edited by kat

1 minute ago, kat said:

Unfortunately this was a case where he already had been scheduled to turn himself in after a month to tie up loose ends. He was already going to jail for four years but missed his deadline and the cops was here on the warrant.  He was making crack right in the apartment this time. 

Drugs?  That's it?  I mean sure if he was selling it to minors or cutting it with Fent.  Other than that I don't mind them especially domestically as it takes some of the power from the cartels.  Also it probably doesn't blow up your house like Meth fabrication.

I've got a drug house down the street, and I know they're still dealing but not like they were when they moved in.  They keep to themselves and I keep to myself.  If things get worse I can always record the comings/goings of clients at all hours to help build a case, but generally there isn't much traffic.

2 minutes ago, kat said:

Do I move down the hall where I get a better bathroom and an oven? Or stay with this with the big window facing the river? I'm going to miss the view but I like to have a real oven and a normal tub. Hmmm...

I'd move.  You can always step outside for the view, or get one of those giant 4k TVs that are so cheap now and just display your favorite images.  I've been building a collection of backgrounds for years and eventually I'm going to do this and have it on a 5-10 minute delay between them.  Of course it has to be tech that wont allow screen burn-in but that only seems to be a thing on phones right now (which is annoying because it wasn't before, it's just planned obsolescence.

8 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Drugs?  That's it?  I mean sure if he was selling it to minors or cutting it with Fent.  Other than that I don't mind them especially domestically as it takes some of the power from the cartels.  Also it probably doesn't blow up your house like Meth fabrication.

I've got a drug house down the street, and I know they're still dealing but not like they were when they moved in.  They keep to themselves and I keep to myself.  If things get worse I can always record the comings/goings of clients at all hours to help build a case, but generally there isn't much traffic.

I'd move.  You can always step outside for the view, or get one of those giant 4k TVs that are so cheap now and just display your favorite images.  I've been building a collection of backgrounds for years and eventually I'm going to do this and have it on a 5-10 minute delay between them.  Of course it has to be tech that wont allow screen burn-in but that only seems to be a thing on phones right now (which is annoying because it wasn't before, it's just planned obsolescence.

It was crack but meth was something else he was messing with.  They found the crack stuff during this warrant but he was sentenced previously for something else. 

I didn't have a problem with him, we got along. I never smelled methy stuff and there wasn't hazmat or evacuations made so I don't think he was making meth here. I know he already had told the landlord about his jail sentence in order to give the landlord a notice. I'm just glad he wasn't the next dead body here. My landlord was joking earlier that day about this place being the Hotel California.  He said noone leaves unless it's in a body bag 😅 gotta love the landlord. He's the best in general.  

I said the same thing about moving..I can just walk outside for the view. I need my oven. I miss baking. 

On 7/8/2023 at 3:44 AM, Scary Guy said:

The problem with being one of the most recognizable cities is that for a majority of people in the country/world all they know of Michigan is Detroit.  So everything becomes Metro Detroit.  To me and most other locals it's an area that stops about where the sprawl does (basically where those small blue blocks stop and turn into the large green area.)  As far West as Ann Arbor and as far North as Clarkston / New Haven.

This is not to be confused with Detroit proper though which stops at 8 Mile / M-102 / Baseline Road which goes WAY the fuck out West stopping north of Ann Arbor before it runs into a lake (and a very short stint after.)

I do agree that they should stop referring to the entire region of Metro Detroit as one entity though.  Referring to the counties themselves would probably be more accurate (I say probably because there's a whole lot of the North / West end of those that aren't a part of the sprawl.)

Unfortunately it seems like after one riot Detroit is forever tainted as a real life equivalent of Mos Eisley.  It's got a reputation worse than New York or the South side of Chicago.  If I'm in a bad area I don't say I'm from Metro Detroit, I say I'm from Detroit and people take a step back like that means something, because it does.

Looking at statistics Detroit seems to account for most of the crime in Michigan:

https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/mi/detroit/crime

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2019/crime-in-the-u.s.-2019/tables/table-8/table-8-state-cuts/michigan.xls

My father flat out refuses to go South of 8 Mile while I've never held such a fear.  He still sighs whenever I tell him I'm going down there like I'm going to Kyiv.  Detroit is doing what it can to clean up its image and I hope more people change their opinion regarding it.  The news is definitely not helping though, but they're just trying to get that advertising dollar and push their agenda.

I will say it's annoying living in the burbs that we sometimes get hated on for not being "native Detroiters" when we visit.  Though the reverse is also true and there are a lot of racist/classist idiots who wish they'd stay "down there." This is suspected to be the reason why the Q Line is a joke and doesn't go all the way to Pontiac like it was originally planned to, because NIMBYs didn't want black/poor folks going through their neighborhoods.

Sorry for the infodump / rant but it's late, I'm bored, and my mind won't shut up.

~~~~~

Hey, no worries.  I'm all about the infodump.  Keeps me informed. :wink

I've lived a lot of stuff firsthand.

The best pain relief I had was sleeping in my truck, earlier this afternoon, with an inside temp of 85 degrees.  Nothing hurt.  No aggravated nerve endings.  Just peace, heat, blue skies and watching butterflies through my windshield. 😊

16 minutes ago, TronRP said:

The best pain relief I had was sleeping in my truck, earlier this afternoon, with an inside temp of 85 degrees.  Nothing hurt.  No aggravated nerve endings.  Just peace, heat, blue skies and watching butterflies through my windshield. 😊

Part of me hopes it's bench seating.  Another part doesn't because that would mean it's an older truck.  So I hope there's just a bed in the back.

44 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Part of me hopes it's bench seating.  Another part doesn't because that would mean it's an older truck.  So I hope there's just a bed in the back.

~~~~~

2006 Tundra

Just popped the driver's seat down and reclined until it was time to pickup and go. 

10 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

2006 Tundra

Just popped the driver's seat down and reclined until it was time to pickup and go. 

Ugh, I guess if it works but I'd have preferred the bench seating.  I remember napping in my hearse during a meetup, good times for sure.

(It's a Cake cover!)

7 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Ugh, I guess if it works but I'd have preferred the bench seating.  I remember napping in my hearse during a meetup, good times for sure.

(It's a Cake cover!)

~~~~~

🤣:heart:

My '88 Chevy Celebrity was a full bench front seat deal.  Definitely made camping out in the car between classes that much more relaxing. :biggrin:

I'm thinking today is going to be a long day.  I've been out of commission due to nerve pain in my head so a lot of stuff got backed up.  Unfortunately, the boy is on low ebb because now that he has graduated high school, he somehow thinks that it means he now has nothing to do...like life just stopped except for anime, food and videogames (which he definitely has to earn).

Things must get back on track.

I just saw the stupidest incident that shouldn't have happened. A man went on vacation. His neighbor calls and tells him people are moving things out of his house. The man rushes home and finds strangers in his house, his property and all his furniture gone. He calls the police. The police say they can't do anything because the strangers have a deed showing the man had sold them his house. Adding insult to injury, the courts ruled in favor of the strangers, setting a new precedent for the success of identity theft on an the cruelest level. Someone can now legally steal your home and you have no recourse. 

What should have happened was the people be held accountable for receiving stolen property since they, themselves, stated the man they met and purchased the house from was not the one suing them to get his property back. Documents and conversations showed the real owner was not in the country when the recipients claimed to meet with him. The property sale should have been overturned. The ones purchasing the stolen property should get their stuff out of the man's house and reimburse him for whatever personal property they can't return to him. They should be the ones filing a police report against the thief.  

This country's justice system isn't really aimed at true justice. It has slowly been twisted to benefit the wealthy, devious, and money-making opportunists. You're the victim but you're treated like a criminal. You're left trying to prove who you are, in a world where people are faceless numbers with dollar signs attached. Your zipcode dictates your worth.  I'm over half a century old and I've watched as it rapidly worsened over the years, even experienced it.  I often have to wonder, is America truly the land of the free?  I despise even having to consider that question. 

Such a pity.

1 hour ago, Trene4000 said:

I just saw the stupidest incident that shouldn't have happened. A man went on vacation. His neighbor calls and tells him people are moving things out of his house. The man rushes home and finds strangers in his house, his property and all his furniture gone. He calls the police. The police say they can't do anything because the strangers have a deed showing the man had sold them his house. Adding insult to injury, the courts ruled in favor of the strangers, setting a new precedent for the success of identity theft on an the cruelest level. Someone can now legally steal your home and you have no recourse. 

What should have happened was the people be held accountable for receiving stolen property since they, themselves, stated the man they met and purchased the house from was not the one suing them to get his property back. Documents and conversations showed the real owner was not in the country when the recipients claimed to meet with him. The property sale should have been overturned. The ones purchasing the stolen property should get their stuff out of the man's house and reimburse him for whatever personal property they can't return to him. They should be the ones filing a police report against the thief.  

This country's justice system isn't really aimed at true justice. It has slowly been twisted to benefit the wealthy, devious, and money-making opportunists. You're the victim but you're treated like a criminal. You're left trying to prove who you are, in a world where people are faceless numbers with dollar signs attached. Your zipcode dictates your worth.  I'm over half a century old and I've watched as it rapidly worsened over the years, even experienced it.  I often have to wonder, is America truly the land of the free?  I despise even having to consider that question. 

Such a pity.

America is the land of the free, if you can afford the freedom.

Here's a video on a similar situation:

Another video on it, but in the UK:

Canada:

I need to stop stressing over learning how to make music sound more professionally mastered which I don't like doing and don't really want to learn.. apart from doing simple mixing stuff I already know like panning and EQing in whatever way sounds good or finding what people do in a compression plugin for different drum compression.. and just enjoy making music for the therapy of doing it.  Because if I don't abandon learning mastering I will dread it and never open up FL Studio again.

Edited by Class-Punk

58 minutes ago, Class-Punk said:

I need to stop stressing over learning how to make music sound more professionally mastered which I don't like doing and don't really want to learn.. apart from doing simple mixing stuff I already know like panning and EQing in whatever way sounds good or finding what people do in a compression plugin for different drum compression.. and just enjoy making music for the therapy of doing it.  Because if I don't abandon learning mastering I will dread it and never open up FL Studio again.

Yeah just do it and fuck all else, as it's the punk way after all.

If I was a perfectionist I'd never get anything done.  Partly because ADHD, but also because my dad half-asses everything and that's who I learned it from.

They say never let perfect be the enemy of good, and I say those people need to be beaten until they do it right.

But when you're creating something, it really isn't supposed to be anything until it is whatever it's going to be.  You get to decide when it's "done" and ready for an audience.