What Are You Thinking? (cont'd)

TronRP

50 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

No I'm speaking of those ones too.  Getting a no pickup only means "try again later" but getting a person they will mark you as not being a viable mark.

Sometimes you get the automated voice and it's "Press # to speak with an/our agent/representative/whoever now."  Sometimes they get angry but fuck'em I don't care.

Alternatively there's organizations like 419eater who just waste as much money, resources, and time of the scammers as possible so they can't trick anyone that might fall for it.  If they're dealing with you that takes time from another mark.  So what I do may benefit me, but it does not benefit others and may actually be a detriment to them.

Also you mentioned a landline, which aren't afforded the same telemarketer protections under the law.  Also a lot of them target landlines since it indicates the user is either old (only has a landline,) rich (has both a landline and a cellphone,) or is a business (which has access to more money than most regular people do.)

We ditched ours years ago, and as a bonus bought our own modem so we could stop paying the rental fee.  Now we just have two cells.  We had Bluetooth handsets in every room but after my mother passed we got rid of those too, but those worked well.  Pair the cell to the base station and then all the handsets ring and it tells you who's phone is ringing them.  Also now I can leave Bluetooth off to save battery life.

~~~~~

Exactly, countermeasures.  And yes, you have confirmed my original statement.

5 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Exactly, countermeasures.  And yes, you have confirmed my original statement.

Well partially.  My theory is that if you tell them to remove you/mark you as a bad number enough times they'll get tired of it and just do it.  But I don't have a landline to test it.

I get a robocall maybe once/twice a month now on my cell, so I can at least say there are positive results there.

I am thinking this is a dump ass joint to be stuck here living and/or dying out of for the following 16 weeks or so. Especially having to bunk up two mofo's to a room. Good thing I gots this fresh box Chevy turbo diesel with a banging set of speakers in it up and give to me of sorts. Final thoughts on this... I think my ass just gonna reside in the red roof inn parking lot for the next 16 weeks or so... 'cept while chasing paper, which I got to get moving on in a half hour, no rest for the wicked, the wiccans, or the whackadoodles I weckon, ebba duh ebba duh that's all folks. "Nonsense Rambling Rant 2023 №2" done with. Think I nailed it too...

or I should've slept some earlier instead IDK

5 hours ago, WhiteLines said:

I am thinking this is a dump ass joint to be stuck here living and/or dying out of for the following 16 weeks or so. Especially having to bunk up two mofo's to a room. Good thing I gots this fresh box Chevy turbo diesel with a banging set of speakers in it up and give to me of sorts. Final thoughts on this... I think my ass just gonna reside in the red roof inn parking lot for the next 16 weeks or so... 'cept while chasing paper, which I got to get moving on in a half hour, no rest for the wicked, the wiccans, or the whackadoodles I weckon, ebba duh ebba duh that's all folks. "Nonsense Rambling Rant 2023 №2" done with. Think I nailed it too...

or I should've slept some earlier instead IDK

~~~~~

Good to hear from you since you've been a bit MIA for the past few months.

I was cracking up at your "dead body" comment in the birthday thread because I used to have a tarp wrap in the back of my 1998 Toyota Tacoma flatbed that we used to call the "Dead Body".  It was about 150 lbs of concrete bags wrapped in a blue tarp to keep the truck from sliding on the roads during winter.  I got lazy and just left it back there year round.  Unfortunately, I accidentally referred to it as the Dead Body on 3 separate occasions which almost got me in trouble.

1.  A group of Home Depot employees helping me load my truck in Novi in 2008.

2.  Speaking with a police officer doing a routine tab check in 2010.

3.  The American side of Boarder Patrol on a return trip from Canada in 2013.

Yeah, it's funny now, but at the time I was sweating bullets.

:rofl:

8 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Well partially.  My theory is that if you tell them to remove you/mark you as a bad number enough times they'll get tired of it and just do it.  But I don't have a landline to test it.

I get a robocall maybe once/twice a month now on my cell, so I can at least say there are positive results there.

~~~~~

Dude...there is no one to tell anything.  Even the voice that picks up is an automated voice made to sound like a person shooting the breeze with you until you realize he doesn't respond to anything you say.  So it appears that you are among the lucky ones.

I used to be guilty of the Robo Calls with a previous job.  Now there is no real human interaction.

But I digress.

Apparently, everyone has different experiences, but my statement was the fact that living this way and having to "dodge the call", so to speak, has become an acceptable norm in our current society.

59 minutes ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Dude...there is no one to tell anything.  Even the voice that picks up is an automated voice made to sound like a person shooting the breeze with you until you realize he doesn't respond to anything you say.  So it appears that you are among the lucky ones.

I used to be guilty of the Robo Calls with a previous job.  Now there is no real human interaction.

But I digress.

Apparently, everyone has different experiences, but my statement was the fact that living this way and having to "dodge the call", so to speak, has become an acceptable norm in our current society.

That's strange.  Some of them are ads I'm sure, but in my experience if you listen long enough (that's a test too I think) most will ask you to press a button to connect with a real human.  Some now even say "Press 7 to connect with a human or press 3 to be removed from the list" which I thought was nice of them (though they're still scamming bastards.)

But yeah, I'll just start talking over them and if it doesn't phase them it's a prerecorded message.

Also, a couple other things I have come across over the years.  One is to just repeat a word over and over (cactus was the one they used.) The other was the counterscript (sorry it's a pdf) https://postscriptcode.com/counterscript.pdf I've only ever used the Cactus one, but that other one seems fun too (though I never have it handy.)

12 hours ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

I was cracking up at your "dead body" comment in the birthday thread because I used to have a tarp wrap in the back of my 1998 Toyota Tacoma flatbed that we used to call the "Dead Body".  It was about 150 lbs of concrete bags wrapped in a blue tarp to keep the truck from sliding on the roads during winter.  I got lazy and just left it back there year round.  Unfortunately, I accidentally referred to it as the Dead Body on 3 separate occasions which almost got me in trouble.

Lmfao that damn great. I wish I could a been a fly on the wall for those interactions lol

I think I have figured out the best means of communication...less is best.

…hard for me who can't seem to shut up...but I'll do whatever it takes to stop the flow of reprimands. 

1 hour ago, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Careful, it's a thunderstorm.

Also, don't change your profile pic too soon.  I love it!!!

😍

Thanks! I won't.  I actually liked my eye makeup that day lol. Gotta love the automatic filter on all the phones now too. I normally have a slightly more gross witch face like when it's 90 and my eye makeup melts in the eye holes 😭

Edited by kat

On 6/12/2023 at 10:19 AM, TronRP said:

~~~~~

Ah yes..was this when I was with you? I know we had our own adventures.

I think I shoulda just pushed myself to venture out beyond the 7 mile radius of things between the job site and hotel. I could've looked up and found a Sally's where I'd find the exact damn die that I know I liked. But instead, I got lazy in the Walmart and ended up once with platinum and violet hair, then next with bleach fading into a mint turquoise? ...and becoming a kind of blue-ish grey at the ends... which has an uncanny ability to attract Rochester Hills Police like flies to shit lmfao 

56 minutes ago, NocteSpiritus said:

Someone bypassed Tron in being the one with the most posts.

~~~~~

lol...yeah, I saw that.

I don't really post that much.  It just carries over from the prior week....

...yeah, that sounds believable. 

😆