How Did Your Day Go?

RosyBlue

Just got home a little bit ago from another long day at work. I wanted to go to The Gathering tonight but I didn't get out of work until 12:20am. I started at 12pm. We've been working 12s the past few days. I've been told it's supposed to continue for a while. Not sure how long my body will put up with this. I ran alone today, which means I basically fast walked for most of 12 hours. But I made it through it and now I'm home in my comfy bed. :bunny:

Ignoring everything else my damn eyes literally feel like a cross between concrete blocks and butterflies. (Barely keep them open and they twich like crazy) Doc told me it's due to sleep deprivation and stress. I can't freaking function.

I've got a new cpap machine, blackout drapes, been cleaning clutter apparently can cause sleep issues) eating better, (not easy with zero money, crap food is cheap) TRYING to work out as diet & exersize are the sort of gold standard for fixing this shit . 

Gahhhhhh

I cannot get more than 2 hours sleep its been months. Which means everything else is going berserk.

On 6/16/2018 at 10:28 PM, Troy Spiral said:

Ignoring everything else my damn eyes literally feel like a cross between concrete blocks and butterflies. (Barely keep them open and they twich like crazy) Doc told me it's due to sleep deprivation and stress. I can't freaking function.

I've got a new cpap machine, blackout drapes, been cleaning clutter apparently can cause sleep issues) eating better, (not easy with zero money, crap food is cheap) TRYING to work out as diet & exersize are the sort of gold standard for fixing this shit . 

Gahhhhhh

I cannot get more than 2 hours sleep its been months. Which means everything else is going berserk.

might try doing only one thing at a time, rather than fixing all of it. if you're not sleeping well, you won't be able to physically recover from exercise. maybe put that on the shelf for a bit? also, make sure you're eating enough - you can't lose weight in a healthy way by starving. a 6-ft tall guy near 40 that weighs 200# requires 2000 cal/day to maintain. not eating enough will fuck with your sleep too, because it messes up production of hormones, including those that help you sleep. :innocent:

On 6/16/2018 at 10:28 PM, Troy Spiral said:

Gahhhhhh

3 hours ago, torn asunder said:

might try doing only one thing at a time, rather than fixing all of it. if you're not sleeping well, you won't be able to physically recover from exercise. maybe put that on the shelf for a bit? also, make sure you're eating enough - you can't lose weight in a healthy way by starving. a 6-ft tall guy near 40 that weighs 200# requires 2000 cal/day to maintain. not eating enough will fuck with your sleep too, because it messes up production of hormones, including those that help you sleep. :innocent:

Also, to add to torn asunder's comment, a good mattress can also help with a lot of the sleeplessness.  

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday I completed my fourth day in a row at my new job. For the first time all week, I didn't resort to naproxin sodium pills for the pain in my legs. Apparently, I'm becoming more conditioned to my new environment, for which I'm thankful. The new sleep schedule is still something I'm getting used to, having to be in Saline by 2:50 am requires me to go to bed earlier than I have since I was in 4th grade. The job itself is relatively simple, albeit arduous and somewhat tedious. It's also a 12 hour shift but I like how they break the day up with little breaks every so often so I'm not working for more than 2 hours straight at a time. The two guys I work closest with are pretty cool, or at the very least they aren't persons with whom I butt heads. I keep politics out of the workplace, but I have a tendency to correct historical facts, which thankfully is enabled by modern technology. We're technically not supposed to have our cellphones out while we're on the factory floor, but I have yet to hear anyone be reprimanded for doing so. As long as I'm working, or if I'm standing around only because I'm waiting for work to get down the assembly line to me, nobody gives me shit. On top of all this, I'm indoors. Granted, it's still somewhat warm, but it's not like burning out in the sun. I also don't have to worry about rain, and come winter, despite it getting chilly, it won't be single-digit degrees indoors, and so long as I keep moving, I rarely feel cold. The job pays an acceptable starting wage, and guarantees overtime since it's 4 12-hour shifts. At present, I'm content with it. Will update if that changes :p

Unfortunately, in the relatively little time I've spent on Facebook today, I'm already getting that feeling that I should just stay off of it today. I don't understand why it affects me emotionally that other people do things I think are dumb or counterproductive, or when people don't make any sense, but it does. Rather than let that snowball into another depression-causing agent, I'm going to endeavor to avoid it. As it is a literal addiction, since it plagues my thoughts constantly, this is a very difficult endeavor, and I'll probably give in before long. But if I make a statement like this that I'm literally trying to avoid it, it sometimes helps my mind to accept that order.

Decent day at work, despite what seemed like a lot of extra walking. I'm getting a lot more used to it now. Took two Aleve's at lunch, which means I got through more than half my day without them. I can tell I've taken well to what I do, but given the nature of this plant (or so I'm being led to believe) it's entirely possible to be sent elsewhere rather abruptly. Thing is, I think the area I'm in is one that most people wouldn't want, and the fact that I took to it quickly and well might make them want to leave me there for a while, at least I hope.

It also seems that over half of the people who hired in with me have already quit. Of course, I don't know what jobs they were given or how well they took to them. Maybe they didn't like the hours (totally understandable) or maybe they didn't like being on their feet all day. No big deal, I just kinda like the feeling that I outlasted some people, makes me feel resilient.

Edited by Oz_

3 hours ago, kat said:

Bad, but getting called a fat bitch by a homeless guy tops it all. 

Dude better be glad I wasn't there.  I would have laughed in his face as loudly as I could and cackled like a which until everyone within earshot felt uncomfortable.  Then I would have recomposed myself and walked on as if nothing had ever happened. 

gallery_4589_1202_2904.jpg

On 8/21/2018 at 1:01 AM, TronRP said:

Dude better be glad I wasn't there.  I would have laughed in his face as loudly as I could and cackled like a which until everyone within earshot felt uncomfortable.  Then I would have recomposed myself and walked on as if nothing had ever happened. 

gallery_4589_1202_2904.jpg

Lol. Dude, I was in the car minding my business, sitting at a stoplight but he was over there on Mack and St. Antoine ish panhandling, stopping cars. He probably has more money than I do. I swear someone motioned him and he got excited and ran to the car and they handed him a business card and I watched his face go from happy to wtf in 1.5 seconds. 

Edited by kat