Nightlife events in the South East Michigan area.

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Another update, "Dis/Order" has moved to Small's and is now called "She's Lost Control."

Yep!  I can’t make this one though, I’m going to Motor City Irish fest on Saturday and I need a good nights sleep.  It sucks getting old.  Hopefully I will catch it next month. 

• Scary Guy changed the title to Nightlife events in the South East Michigan area.
On 6/6/2023 at 1:48 PM, Science_goth_Megan said:

Yep!  I can’t make this one though, I’m going to Motor City Irish fest on Saturday and I need a good nights sleep.  It sucks getting old.  Hopefully I will catch it next month. 

Oh, have fun!

I can't make it because I'm banned.

Edited by Scary Guy

On 6/6/2023 at 9:48 AM, Science_goth_Megan said:

Be sure to watch the wakefire show. I believe they are playing at that

• 4 weeks later...

J said in a text "I'm probably going to shitty club tonight. Apparently the Asylum thing in Windsor is over" and "Let me know what you find out. Ulf was saying last month was the last one."

@Raev, care to shed any light on this?  I hope it's just bad info, because Toronto is the only other thing I can think of up there and that's faaaar.  It's so far I have to say up there instead of down there.

Edited by Scary Guy

20 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

J said in a text "I'm probably going to shitty club tonight. Apparently the Asylum thing in Windsor is over" and "Let me know what you find out. Ulf was saying last month was the last one."

@Raev, care to shed any light on this?  I hope it's just bad info, because Toronto is the only other thing I can think of up there and that's faaaar.  It's so far I have to say up there instead of down there.

It isn't over by a long shot. Last night was our 4th anniversary celebration and we had a great turnout.

We had about a dozen people from Michigan come. 

Edited by Raev

20 hours ago, Scary Guy said:

Asylum is very much alive and well. We had a packed house for our 4th anniversary bash last night.  https://www.facebook.com/Wrath6669/videos/1891873101184052?idorvanity=389413335016902

14 minutes ago, Raev said:

It isn't over by a long shot. Last night was our 4th anniversary celebration and we had a great turnout.

We had about a dozen people from Michigan come. 

Not sure where he heard that then, but that's good to hear.

I have an enhanced ID I haven't used in a long time.  One of these days I'll come visit.

J just said "Bah, is it still at villains beastro?  Checked the beastro facebook and insta and neither advertised it." So I guess that's what threw him off.

23 minutes ago, Scary Guy said:

Not sure where he heard that then, but that's good to hear.

I have an enhanced ID I haven't used in a long time.  One of these days I'll come visit.

J just said "Bah, is it still at villains beastro?  Checked the beastro facebook and insta and neither advertised it." So I guess that's what threw him off.

Villains doesn't advertise much at all. Asylum does have a Facebook page, Facebook group, and an Instagram that is kept up to date with the  events.  Hildi had mentioned last month that they'd be coming back, and they've been a few times now, so they know we're still running.

Yeah, Villians is likely to always be our home. When the idea first came up and I reached out to venues about trying to get something going Villains is the only place that was willing to even talk to me about it, and only ones willing to give it a try. Now that we're packing the place consistently every month, we have other venues reaching out to us trying to get us to move...but where the fuck were they when it was build time?

Villains took a chance, gave us a shot, and that earns loyalty back in return.

On 6/9/2023 at 9:13 AM, SlavicGoth said:

Be sure to watch the wakefire show. I believe they are playing at that

I saw them that night.  Great show, as always.  Saw them this past week, too, at Magic Bag.  Looking forward to MIRF starting up so I can get a weekly dose of Wakefire.  😀

4 hours ago, Msterbeau said:

I saw them that night.  Great show, as always.  Saw them this past week, too, at Magic Bag.  Looking forward to MIRF starting up so I can get a weekly dose of Wakefire.  😀

Oh shit you where at the magic bag too? First time hearing and seeing the young dubliners that day. I know someone form Texas who showed up at that show to see the young dubliners, and I was not expecting him at all.  He was the guy with the leprechaunt hat in the awesome Viking beard

3 hours ago, SlavicGoth said:

Oh shit you where at the magic bag too? First time hearing and seeing the young dubliners that day. I know someone form Texas who showed up at that show to see the young dubliners, and I was not expecting him at all.  He was the guy with the leprechaunt hat in the awesome Viking beard

I definitely saw that guy.  😀