Suicide Commando at Necto!

Holy shit! I never thought I would ever see the day! Johan Van Roy is coming to Michigan!

Sucide Commando at Necto April 29th, 2014 at 8PM!!

http://www.thenecto.com/special-events/sucicide-commando-at-necto-nightclub-ann-arbor-michigan-april-29th-2014.html

I just bought tickets. Two things pleasantly surprised me: 1. Tickets were only $15. I honestly thought they'd be higher, especially for SC. 2. There is NO service charge for buying them online. Necto is awesome for not charging this. Got them right away after purchase.

I know it's a Tuesday and a lot of folks would be dissuaded from going, but fuck it. I have waited YEARS to see Suicide Commando and am not missing this for anything in the world. Never ever thought he'd come to MI for a show.

Edited by DJ Nihil

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know how this ever happened but this is amazing. I worshipped SC back in the 90s and never thought I'd ever get to see him. Especially once i moved to Ann Arbor. This is the first show I've been really excited about in a long long time.

I don't know how this ever happened but this is amazing. I worshipped SC back in the 90s and never thought I'd ever get to see him. Especially once i moved to Ann Arbor. This is the first show I've been really excited about in a long long time.

He is small enough to do shows like this and not skip over detroit the way say VNV or Puppy (didn't) but might.

He is small enough to do shows like this and not skip over detroit the way say VNV or Puppy (didn't) but might.

Especially for tickets with no service charge. I hope whoever at Necto was responsible for booking gets a raise for this show!

I want it to be successful so they book more shows like this in the future.

Plus I recently bought tickets for another show I am going to over the summer and the service charges brought the final total to a $45 ticket to $60 and some change. Outrageous! It's a wonder people don't like to go to concerts anymore. Ticketbastards!

• 2 weeks later...

For those who care,

I was contacted a year ago regarding this possible tour by mutual music industry friends. Friends who all know Suicide Commando, their booking agents, people, etccc… My buddy sent me the initial inquiry to gauge interest.

Long been out of the booking game - did that for 10 years until it became NO fun and a waste of time/energy. Anyways, with this show it became an exception, realizing how big a deal a Michigan stop would be for Suicide Commando. Naturally turned to people who could pull this off and that was Brian and his team at Necto. They have the venue, crowd, sound system, weekly DJ's who play this stuff, and MOST IMPORTANTLY budget to do this on a proper level AS WELL AS make it affordable for you gals and guys. He really deserves a ton of credit for negotiating a contract and getting everything signed - I simply just connected the dots for him. Give him the "nod of thanks".

Anyways, for those who have never seen Johan (Suicide Commando) perform - expect something awesome. Have seen him quite a few times (including DJ'ing before and after a UK performance in 2004). It's a non-stop barrage of hits and tracks you'd never expect to hear. Visuals are retina frying as well. You're all in for a real treat.

And Troy - Suicide Commando is NOT a small band by any means. They headline over VNV Nation on many European festivals and sell just as many units of music as Skinny Puppy and VNV. They're on just as many playlist as those other two bands. You'll realize the Ann Arbor Necto date is the only one in the Midwest on this tour. Has nothing to do with the size of the band, but on venues who can provide to fill their technical riders and honor their performance fees.

• 4 weeks later...

Show was amazing last night! Despite the fact Johan had a twisted ankle, he performed anyway.

Set was a combination of old and new and included, though not in order:

Bind, Torture, Kill

God is in the Rain

Raise Your God

Dein Herz, Meine Gier

Love Breeds Suicide

The Pleasures of Sin

Die Motherfucker Die

Hate Me

When Evil Speaks

Monster

Unterwelt

Time (Rewind)

Encore:

See You in Hell

BmckytOCYAAKKW0.jpg

I was surprised by the turn out, especially given how people around here like to bitch about shows that take place during the week, and these same folks wonder why no big name bands like to play here.

Even if there never is another Suicide Commando show around here, I am ok with this. This was just simply one of the best fucking shows I have ever seen in my life, and I have been going to concerts for 16 years now. Thanks so much to Johan and crew for performing and to all the staff at Necto responsible for booking this thing!! I will never forget this concert!