Huzzah! 1 down, 3 to go!

FC, my kids think you are THE coolest!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Awww. Tell them thanks!

Depending on the dynamics of how any kittens added to the mix affect our first 10 "keepers", we may give up ALL of the 5 "rescues" currently still in our care.

Mama & the two kittens above are, for sure, going to be adopted out. We had decided to keep the other white kitten from her (Phoebe), as well as the black & white one we found last week (Calder).

But 2 additions might shake-up the peace too much. We'll have to see how things go. The first 10 get along really well. But we've already seen some signs of human-related unfriendliness from Calder. And Phoebe is still on touchy ground.

I think there comes a point where the cats start being more into "The pack" and kinda don't have much regard for the humans in the house. While that's fine from some of them (in particular our Siamese, Asia & our female grey, Isabeau), it's not cool to have TOO many unfriendly cats around. Then you just start to feel like a "collector". NOT good.

Could just be there are so many kittens in the house at one time, they don't feel a need to interact with humans. We'll see how things go as the numbers are whittled down. I should think it'll be NO problem finding a home for those two cuties above. Mama might take longer, being an older, unfixed cat.

Archived