What would you do...

Vivian

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Purchase a 4 bedroom house and a gas electric hybrid car.

Invest the rest

Work for the next five years.

Start a nonprofit company that that owns an apartment complex and only hires the homeless long enough to get them on their feet.

Make some films.

Start a nonprofit company that that owns an apartment complex and only hires the homeless long enough to get them on their feet.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's funny....I have also been thinking about that idea as well! I see so many homeless people in downtown Baltimore.

That's funny....I have also been thinking about that idea as well! I see so many homeless people in downtown Baltimore.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heh, go figure.. i've actually started working on my plans to do that. Theres an old hotel on west grand blvd. that i wanted to renovate, near grand river. I want to look into grants and see if i cant fix it up, and start a homeless shelter/low income family housing. I took training at east texas crisis center while i was down there. if more people thought they way you guys do, we could really help less fortunate people.

if anyone has any ideas on how to go about it, i would greatly appreciate it.

I know what i want to do, how i want it set up. I know the kind of people i want to staff it. Its just getting your foot in the door. Im thinking about visiting the covenant house in detroit, to see if i can talk to the person who founded them, although i know they get their funding from private donors. *sigh* but thanks for the encouragement, brenda starr.

-i would help all the people i know that are stuggling (my immediate family included ;))

-invest

-put aside money for my kids for school and for our retirement

-donate (not just randomly, only to causes/areas of need that i genuinely care about and would donate to at this very moment if i had the extra money and donate my time as well. things like habitat for humanity-even though they are non-profit it all has to come from somewhere, battered women and children, special needs children whose medical or schooling are too pricey for the families, homeless shelters)

-start up a business

i wonder if a million could really stretch as far as i would need it to?

I can't believe that I forgot this one:

I would donate a large sum to Villa Maria. The Villa is where my son had to live for 8 months. It's a residential therapy center for special needs children. We go there every week for therapy. They made a huge, significant change in our lives, especially Ian's life. I'll always be grateful for what they've done for our family and the support that they continue to give.

Guest Megalicious

I dont know thats a good question ...

I'd like to be a good person and say I d do all this shit to try to help the world .. or help myself .. but hell I just know its not true.

In the current mood I'm in I'd probably take my million to Vegas, drive out to meadview and tell my mom I love her ... and then proced to drink my self into a coma or untill i die ... I know its so leaving las vegas .. ... thats how i feel at the moment ...

Archived