Leland City Club, This Friday, 5/4/12

Come out and join us at Leland City Club this Friday 5/4/12. Halfway to Halloween Party, I want to see some creative costumes now, :) Also we are celebrating City Club winning Best Dance Club in Detroit of 2012. So we are having fabulous drink specials till midnight only.

:cheers:

Dollar Wells

Dollar Domestic Beers

Dollar Drafts

Dollar Long Islands

& Dollar Sodas

:beer:

DJ Zachariah Messiah & DJ Void6 will be behind the decks keeping you dancing all night long. :peanutbutterjellytime: Also there is free admission till midnight on this friday woohoo!

Leland City Club

400 Bagley Ave.

Downtown Detroit

18 and over welcome/ 21 with valid identification to drink

1/2 Way to Halloween are you serious? Don't you think it is a bit lame and well nothing but a cheap imitation by announcing just 2 days before your event the exact same theme night that we have been promoting for months. If you can't come up with anything unique to promote on your night at least try and put some effort into it. Am I worried that your night is going to have in any effect on Monday absolutely not. It does it however annoy me when people put real money, time and effort into creating a fun night and then someone just tries to leach off the same idea with no work or prep at all. If you aren't doing any real work at least come up with a different name. Other than that sounds like a fun night.

Jinx

Edited by Jinx

1/2 Way to Halloween are you serious? Don't you think it is a bit lame and well nothing but a cheap imitation by announcing just 2 days before your event the exact same theme night that we have been promoting for months. If you can't come up with anything unique to promote on your night at least try and put some effort into it. Am I worried that your night is going to have in any effect on Monday absolutely not. It does it however annoy me when people put real money, time and effort into creating a fun night and then someone just tries to leach off the same idea with no work or prep at all. If you aren't doing any real work at least come up with a different name. Other than that sounds like a fun night.

Jinx

I didn't come up with the idea I am just the dj that has to post about it, and well do you think necto is the only other bar that is having a half way to halloween party, so original that you are. ohh well shows your true spirit.

I didn't come up with the idea I am just the dj that has to post about it, and well do you think necto is the only other bar that is having a half way to halloween party, so original that you are. ohh well shows your true spirit.

I am not attacking you Zak, not at all. Always thought you were a nice guy. However I defy you to find an online post about a 1/2 way to Halloween party prior to 7 years ago that is anywhere in U.S. I will take credit for the 1/2 way to Halloween parties in MI. Well to be fair and honest the credit goes to DJ Bradd for the idea of the party. "We always see 1/2 way to Christmas, for goths we should do 1/2 way to Halloween." For City Club to throw it out there 2 days before is an AFTERTHOUGHT not a planned event. Try to deny it but it's true whoever does your event planning saw wow Necto is doing 1/2 way to Halloween we need to jump on that bandwagon.

Jinx

What is more original planning a party or seeing someone else has and trying to replicate it without putting any thought or preparation into it. If you were really planning on doing this event regardless of us why on earth would it only be announced 2 days prior. I realize it must be distressing that a club can do more people on a Monday than City can do on a Saturday being open 2 hrs later to pad your numbers when all other bars are closed. I know imitation is there sincerest form of flattery but City Club does a disservice to itself and it's customers by just following the herd and not trying to distinguish itself on it's own merits.

Food for thought,

Jinx

Edited by Jinx

infighting helps no one! since so many in our scene love halloween, surely there's room for both nights, no matter which night was "first"....my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong), is that the scenes cross-pollinate somewhat, but are reasonably separate...????

infighting helps no one! since so many in our scene love halloween, surely there's room for both nights, no matter which night was "first"....my understanding (correct me if i'm wrong), is that the scenes cross-pollinate somewhat, but are reasonably separate...????

Infighting rarely helps , cant say it never helps (sometimes it can cause people to take stock of their current thinking, and maybe improve it), but in this sort of situation I can't see how it would help . The second part is totally correct, although various people have ideas about how things "should" be , and get frustrated and that frustration causes people to get angry. Not that I have any solution for this, as its an age old series of problems. :confused:

I am not attacking you Zak, not at all. Always thought you were a nice guy. However I defy you to find an online post about a 1/2 way to Halloween party prior to 7 years ago that is anywhere in U.S. I will take credit for the 1/2 way to Halloween parties in MI. Well to be fair and honest the credit goes to DJ Bradd for the idea of the party. "We always see 1/2 way to Christmas, for goths we should do 1/2 way to Halloween." For City Club to throw it out there 2 days before is an AFTERTHOUGHT not a planned event. Try to deny it but it's true whoever does your event planning saw wow Necto is doing 1/2 way to Halloween we need to jump on that bandwagon.

Jinx

For the Love of Halloween, 2,440,000 results popped up for "half way to halloween parties", you better get a cracking if you are going to criticize all those other places holding a party on this evening. lol :p

You can try and spin it it anyway you want but the fact is this was a last minute idea based off of what we are doing. I am not blaming you Zak you are just the messenger but as a promoter it is annoying to see such a blatant rip-off when we put time into our events.

Edited by Jinx

You can try and spin it it anyway you want but the fact is this was a last minute idea based off of what we are doing. I am not blaming you Zak you are just the messenger but as a promoter it is annoying to see such a blatant rip-off when we put time into our events.

GO DAN!

Way to call it as it is Dan. (applauds)

City's "Industrial Revolution" night even went so far as to copy the concepts and purpose put forth by the former "Progression" nights.

Has this scene run out of ideas already that we're all now just throwing up cheap imitations? Plenty of clever ideas still left to explore. Take some risk at doing something NEW rather than rehashing the same old same old.

Come out and join us at Leland City Club this Friday 5/4/12. Halfway to Halloween Party, I want to see some creative costumes now, :) Also we are celebrating City Club winning Best Dance Club in Detroit of 2012. So we are having fabulous drink specials till midnight only.

:cheers:

Dollar Wells

Dollar Domestic Beers

Dollar Drafts

Dollar Long Islands

& Dollar Sodas

:beer:

DJ Zachariah Messiah & DJ Void6 will be behind the decks keeping you dancing all night long. :peanutbutterjellytime: Also there is free admission till midnight on this friday woohoo!

Leland City Club

400 Bagley Ave.

Downtown Detroit

18 and over welcome/ 21 with valid identification to drink

:thanks: to everyone, for bumping my post up. :welcome::rofl:

wow, someone sounds a bit butt hurt about this. Honestly though, this had nothing to do with Necto at all. The club scene in this area doesn't revolve around Necto FYI. We came up with the idea to do this party this month, it wasn't a "last minute" thing, and who gives a shit what we do? You seem to be the only one complaining that anyone's doing anything. Promote the scene, don't put it down with this sorta nonsense.

Edited by Riku Namako

FYI. We came up with the idea to do this party this month, it wasn't a "last minute" thing,

One question. When you had the discussion "this month" at what point did you decide that the best way to promote a costume party that normally takes preparation on the part of your customers would be to announce it less than 48 hours beforehand. That's some real fine promoting there Lou. Call it what it is a cheap attempt to copy the theme we are doing this week. I never tried to take credit for creating this event locally. That was all DJ Bradd. It's not what you do but how you do it.

I am done with this. I have work to do to make Monday the best night possible for our customers. FREE ADMISSION ALL NIGHT IF YOU ARE IN COSTUEME! Cash prizes for best and group.

http://www.facebook....73934762698957/

Edited by Jinx

One question. When you had the discussion "this month" at what point did you decide that the best way to promote a costume party that normally takes preparation on the part of your customers would be to announce it less than 48 hours beforehand. That's some real fine promoting there Lou. Call it what it is a cheap attempt to copy the theme we are doing this week. I never tried to take credit for creating this event locally. That was all DJ Bradd. It's not what you do but how you do it.

I am done with this. I have work to do to make Monday the best night possible for our customers. FREE ADMISSION ALL NIGHT IF YOU ARE IN COSTUEME! Cash prizes for best and group.

http://www.facebook....73934762698957/

Someone also can't read it seems; you're going interpret my sentence to best suit your meaningless argument? Reread that sir, there was a "." after the "FYI", which I'm pretty sure ends a sentence last time I checked. Maybe I should repeat myself for the uneducated here. What I said was this: The club scene in this area doesn't revolve around Necto FYI(For Your Information in case you are having trouble deciphering this sentence).

I commend you for doing your thing at your club on your night on Monday. We were already talking about this night and doing one for ourselves considering the fact that it was last Monday officially being the exact halfway mark to Halloween. The mere fact that you even give a shit that another club is doing something similar in theme but not exactly the same as your place of business is a testiment to how petty you in fact seem to be over something so trivial. And again, let me point it out to you that no, we didn't "steal" the idea from you.

It's not about the numbers, the themes, how much money you bring in on any given night or your overly inflated ego. Ultimately you should be out there to promote and entertain. Do your job and save us all the butt hurt, I don't think anyone really cares in the end. Good luck with your night.

Edited by Riku Namako

everyone copies every idea. and when it comes to clubs and bars. due to location restrictions. why complain if you believe its a rip off. a whole lot of people do not enter into the doors of necto. and for various reasons. distance. and dates matter. so for those people. its a joy having a special night to the place they frequent more. and you know what. it will boost nectos attendences more. given more people are introduced to the scene. or reintroduced. in no way will this hurt "your" club. so enough with this competition crap.. scenes work via unity. not seperation

It's not about the numbers, the themes, how much money you bring in on any given night or your overly inflated ego. Ultimately you should be out there to promote and entertain.

However the promotion of a service is directly correlated towards making money and increasing the number of people at the event.

scenes work via unity. not seperation

But social division is inherently dark, like a chorused guitar. :wink