Kellygrrrl

phee

sorry, for the lack of updates - there have been a few, so i'll paraphrase...

kelly had her breathing tube removed last week. a few days ago, she winked at her family & tried to punch her brother! =P she's been watching tv a bit, and she's starting to talk too! she knows her name, and she whispered 'i love you' to her mother the other night! :thumbup: she's being moved to another room tonight, and will be starting extensive rehab tomorrow, after which she will be staying with her mother. when her mom left the hospital today, she whispered 'good night mom'!

please keep kelly & her family in your thoughts, and send your positive energy her way if you're so inclined!

keep getting better kel! :thumbsup:

and will be starting extensive rehab tomorrow

I wonder if playing drums will be part of her rehab. It does take a lot of mental acuity along with coordination of and independent isolation of all four limbs. I know she rocked the set before and I'm hoping it won't be too long before she's able to rock it again.

I wonder if playing drums will be part of her rehab. It does take a lot of mental acuity along with coordination of and independent isolation of all four limbs. I know she rocked the set before and I'm hoping it won't be too long before she's able to rock it again.

I don't see why not, it isn't too strenuous if she isn't going crazy on it. Since it's something that she is familiar with, would make her feel better emotionally, and would help build her coordination back up, I could see it being a good idea.

They'll probably start her with the basic stuff first. You gotta learn how to walk before you can rip snares.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

not sure how we missed posting this, but a fundraiser is being held for kelly this weekend - it's been posted on facebook. if you'd like to go, i think you can post in that thread that you'll attend, they'd like to know how many people to expect...

Kelly Fundraiser!

she's been home for a while now, and continuing to improve! i'm sure she and her family appreciate all the well-wishes!