Old School Night 8/26/11 (with special guest dj - Raev)

Raev

This Friday, DJ Pleasure Kitten (in one of the worst decisions of her life) has agreed to turn over the controls at Leland City Club to somebody who knows more about child birthing than DJing - me! Come out for an Old School Night this Friday! Have a good time, dance to some classic goth/industrial music, laugh at my clueless attempts to work the DJ equipment, relive old times with old friends...

Or if you are a DJ, come get a laugh at and one of the DGN moderators! Tell me to walk a mile in your shoes, will ya! :p

Now, I know old school is subjective to a persons own age and experience. I plan on touching from 80s to mid 90s. SO, some of the bands I intend to play I'll give fair warning on...

Bauhaus

Skinny Puppy

Siouxsie (no, not peek a boo)

Apoptygma Berzerk

The Cure

Ministry

Miranda Sex Garden

Alien Sex Fiend

Out Out

Pop Will Eat Itself

Pigface

KMFDM (old stuff)

Ohgr

Machines of Loving Grace

Evil Mothers

and more

Notice that there is no NIN or Manson there? It will take a compelling reason for me to go there ;)

Come out. Dance, laugh at my inability to be a DJ, have some drinks, have a good time!

Edited by Raev

Also - if there is something you'd like me to play for you, post it in here! I just may have it or may be up for buying it to spin it for you. If it's in this thread by Thursday, there is a good chance of it being played for you. :D

Not that ill be coming, but what Bauhaus/Alien Sex Fiend tracks are you thinknig about playing, hopefully not the same old hits...

I'm actually torn on this.

I don't want to play the same old hits (which is why I won't play peek a boo from Siouxsie) but at the same time, I am pondering "how much off the beaten track can I go before the people on the floor burn me at the stake?"

Your preview list is distinctly lacking in Donna.

I know I can count on you to toss Ego Likeness into the mix :respect:

Anything from Siouxsie's early early years? Like...Nicotine Stain or Mirage?

Edited by Iris

Your preview list is distinctly lacking in Donna.

I know I can count on you to toss Ego Likeness into the mix :respect:

Anything from Siouxsie's early early years? Like...Nicotine Stain or Mirage?

I've long wanted to hear Aviary get played. I can't go all old music, have to keep some people dancing...so there is a VERY good chance of hearing Ego Likeness - Aviary there.

I am going early Siouxsie. Just trying to decide which song to go with.

I've long wanted to hear Aviary get played. I can't go all old music, have to keep some people dancing...so there is a VERY good chance of hearing Ego Likeness - Aviary there.

I am going early Siouxsie. Just trying to decide which song to go with.

Metal Postcard! Staircase Mystery!

This Friday, DJ Pleasure Kitten (in one of the worst decisions of her life) has agreed to turn over the controls at Leland City Club to somebody who knows more about child birthing than DJing - me! Come out for an Old School Night this Friday! Have a good time, dance to some classic goth/industrial music, laugh at my clueless attempts to work the DJ equipment, relive old times with old friends...

Or if you are a DJ, come get a laugh at and one of the DGN moderators! Tell me to walk a mile in your shoes, will ya! :p

Now, I know old school is subjective to a persons own age and experience. I plan on touching from 80s to mid 90s. SO, some of the bands I intend to play I'll give fair warning on...

Bauhaus

Skinny Puppy

Siouxsie (no, not peek a boo)

Apoptygma Berzerk

The Cure

Ministry

Miranda Sex Garden

Alien Sex Fiend

Out Out

Pop Will Eat Itself

Pigface

KMFDM (old stuff)

Ohgr

Machines of Loving Grace

Evil Mothers

and more

Notice that there is no NIN or Manson there? It will take a compelling reason for me to go there ;)

Come out. Dance, laugh at my inability to be a DJ, have some drinks, have a good time!

I approve.

Argh! I'm looking at the time count of how long everything is that I want to play. I suspect I may have to trim about 8 songs...lol.

I think I might have to pester Pleasurekitten to let me do this more than once just to get them all in ;)

Thank you again to all my friends and the DGNers I don't really know well who are coming out tonight.

Part of why I jumped at the chance to do this, is to help overcome a terrible social anxiety that is getting worse every year. When I go to City normally, I'm so tense being in a crowd that for the first hour I feel like I need to vomit.

It's a MAJOR part of why I am rarely seen out and about anymore. Normally I just say "I don't have the time" or "I don't dance so I'm bored there". The reality is that lately I feel like I'm losing to the anxiety.

Hell, when I cohosted the DGN Appreciation Night @ City Club with Roman a couple of years ago Eevee helped talk me down from a full blown panic attack.

Well, to hell with this anxiety. Time to stand there, do something I've never done before, do it publicly in front of my peers and watch you all DANCE!

So, come dance. Let me put a smile on your face. Let me entertain you. Then let Pleasurekitten and Electrosonic do the same and do it right ;)

Also - if there is something you'd like me to play for you, post it in here! I just may have it or may be up for buying it to spin it for you. If it's in this thread by Thursday, there is a good chance of it being played for you. :D

How about some cruxshadows, dead can dance, Bjork, Covenant, Ministry, Orgy, Juno reactor, tones on tail, new order; and Rob dougan??

We're trying to figure out a date that works for him as we speak :)

I've had such an idea for a theme one night....

(I'm just trying to not pester the lovely Kitten today, I'm sure she has a day job and has better things to do than read my ramblings ;) )