I may have to give up alcohol.....

My narcolepsy has been acting up lately and I think this is why. Upon driving home from Canada (I try not to drive over 45 min) I fell asleep at the wheel again with my eyes completely open this time I was just unconcious for a few seconds there.

I only had one beer an hour earlier so I wasn't even buzzed but it does seem to make it worse.

My husbands eyes were dialated so he couldn't drive and it was scary. I honestly couln't stay awake.

I get so frustrated not having control sometimes. I sleep walk and talk too. Not much walking these days as I have trained myself not to after a few bad injuries but....the driving is hard.

Does anyone know anything about this, I do think alcohol makes it worse.

Sometimes I just go out. I have had to sleep in some pretty bad neighborhoods because of this.

Good for you for taking care of your health. 

You can still have plenty of fun without alcohol.  I usually drink a classic coke when I go out.  I make a great designated driver too ;)

Your my new best friend haha. =) *grabs way too much booze* :laughing

I seem more fun and less shy when I drink though.

Me too. Its difficult not to drink when i go out. Im trying to cut down though. Seems to mess with my health (but in different ways) =(

I am going to quit at least for a couple years. I am just like that though. I do something for awhile, get sick of it....and quit. Just like that one day just stop.

I like myself a lot more when I'm sober. No one can make up stupid stories, thinking that I won't remember. And I hate vomiting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have mild Narcolepsy and was on Adderall for it. I found when I drank on the adderall, it made me way tired and way drunk, and not in a normal way. I would zone out and talk about things I normally wouldn't and all sorts of weirdness. I took myself off the Adderall, and don't have that problem anymore.

I used to drink a lot. Not like an alcoholic, but enough. I eventually cut back, then stopped. I like myself much more when I'm sober. True, I'll have a glass of wine here and there or pound a few shots of Beam with Wayne after a particularly rough day. But I like being able to hold intelligent conversations with others and speaking decent English.

I know that some of you are planning on attempting to get me drunk when I come up, but I'm going to ask that you respect my wishes. If I say no, it really does mean no. My health and common sense mean a lot to me.

Archived