DGN day at Ren Fest, 9-25-11! Now updated with place and time!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe its okies, I dun mind.

My only stipulation is I don't know anyone. I know Id end up being an odd wheel yuh.

Well how else are you going to get to know us?

I showed up at a MANFAST event with knowing nobody really. I just showed up, introduced myself, chatted with people, went from there.

You wanna talk nerve wracking - show up at a camping event not knowing anyone :D

I showed up at a MANFAST event with knowing nobody really. I just showed up, introduced myself, chatted with people, went from there.

You wanna talk nerve wracking - show up at a camping event not knowing anyone :D

The man has a point.

Also I show up to things when ever I can and half the time I really don't know anyone since I live up in BFE but dammit I still go. Although I'm not going to this since I'm going like the week before.

Hehe its okies, I dun mind.

My only stipulation is I don't know anyone. I know Id end up being an odd wheel yuh.

Everyone's an odd wheel, except people in couples, which is not all of DGN. There's always a blend of old timers and newcomers, so go!

Edited by Chernobyl

The camping thing could be fun. Considering I don't drink nor dance, and am terribly shy, I dun see what exactly is do at CC.

The man has a point.

Also I show up to things when ever I can and half the time I really don't know anyone since I live up in BFE but dammit I still go. Although I'm not going to this since I'm going like the week before.

Remember the avoiding large groups of people bit? :D

Everyone's an odd wheel, except people in couples, which is not all of DGN. There's always a blend of old timers and newcomers, so go!

It would just help if i knew someone well. I dun want to end up anywhere surrounded by people I've nothing in common with xD

I dun want to end up anywhere surrounded by people I've nothing in common with xD

Things you have in common with all of us:

1. You're on DGN

2. You feel weird.

3. You have an alternative side.

4. You're human.

5. You're breathing.

6. You like hugs. Yes, we all like hugs, even though we kid about it. For some of us, hugs come in the form of catching ones gaze for a moment. The touching comes later.

7. You socialize on here with the rest of us, so you are one of us.

Unless you're some 80 year old guy who's got a closet full of diapers, and has NAMBLA on speed dial, you're pretty much "in" in my book ;P

See you there!!

I love the ren fair. Though prompt won't be attending this year. Far to self conscious to go at the moment.

I invented feeling self conscious. I'm the empress of it. No, seriously. Every second I'm awake, I'm feeling self conscious. But I make myself go out and be social because if I'm isolated for too long, I go a little nuts (well, more nuts than normal). I just have to keep telling myself that everything will be okay. Then, when I get overwhelmed, I sneak off and hang out by myself for a bit until I'm okay again.

This is a great group of people going, and you will be just fine, I promise. I'm not a hugger until I know someone. I'm more of a wave and smile from a safe distance kind of girl.

Go back and read what ~Tszura~ wrote. Now go back and read it again. Rinse, and repeat. :)

Edited by bean

Neither do I.

I loiter and socialize.

Things you have in common with all of us:

1. You're on DGN

2. You feel weird.

3. You have an alternative side.

4. You're human.

5. You're breathing.

6. You like hugs. Yes, we all like hugs, even though we kid about it. For some of us, hugs come in the form of catching ones gaze for a moment. The touching comes later.

7. You socialize on here with the rest of us, so you are one of us.

Unless you're some 80 year old guy who's got a closet full of diapers, and has NAMBLA on speed dial, you're pretty much "in" in my book ;P

See you there!!

I know i know. I'm just very neurotic X: I will try, can't promise anything though.

I invented feeling self conscious. I'm the empress of it. No, seriously. Every second I'm awake, I'm feeling self conscious. But I make myself go out and be social because if I'm isolated for too long, I go a little nuts (well, more nuts than normal). I just have to keep telling myself that everything will be okay. Then, when I get overwhelmed, I sneak off and hang out by myself for a bit until I'm okay again.

This is a great group of people going, and you will be just fine, I promise. I'm not a hugger until I know someone. I'm more of a wave and smile from a safe distance kind of girl.

Go back and read what ~Tszura~ wrote. Now go back and read it again. Rinse, and repeat. :)

I'm the same wayyyy.

I will tries though.

Just haven't been to the ren fair in ages, mixed in with meeting a ton of new people, just adds to the uneasiness. I wonder if the ren fair will be as I remembered it.

if you want you can go with me lace. im single and 3wheelish. also im going to cc this sat night if you want to ride with me.I also don't drink and dance very little. I socialize and people watch. get to know me im fun and about as weird as it gets. Trust me you would fit right in.

Then, when I get overwhelmed, I sneak off and hang out by myself for a bit until I'm okay again.

I love this advice! Muwah!

if you want you can go with me lace. im single and 3wheelish. also im going to cc this sat night if you want to ride with me.I also don't drink and dance very little. I socialize and people watch. get to know me im fun and about as weird as it gets. Trust me you would fit right in.

Awesome offer Havoc :) Lacilliyr, this would be a good start, seriously. At CC, you can people watch, and don't have to talk to anyone at all if you don't want to. You can just blend right in.