Who Else Is Childfree Here?

I know of a couple of you on here. Anyone else here who have no interest in having kids whatsoever?

Personally, I never wanted to have kids and am glad I never did. Too proudly selfish and I just really don't care for children or to be around them. I make no apologies.

Thankfully, I never had to put up with the usual "oh, you'll change your mind", "it's different when their your own" or "you're being selfish" remarks that many CFers have. I also count myself lucky that my family had never bugged me (or Kim, when she was alive) about it.

It's not for me, it's not for everyone. And anyways, my two cats are enough for me and they're much more well-behaved and hygienic than most people's kids. :)

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 3 children and I don't want any of them. lol. Actually, I do like my kids most of the time but they sure are a lot of work and I completely understand why people decide not to have them. I'm actually looking forward to when they are older and we can be more on the same level and actually have real conversations. A comment about the hygiene of cats vs. children....you are right, children are filthy!!! Why the hell do they always want to touch my face???? lol.

No kids here, and although kids do make me smile I never really had a specific desire to have my genes passed on. I want to pass on my MIND via writing or some other project. I don't mind if the people I date have kids though.

Edited by Enishi

No kids here, and although kids do make me smile I never really had a specific desire to have my genes passed on. I want to pass on my MIND via writing or some other project. I don't mind if the people I date have kids though.

Ironic, 'cause the only woman in the world whom I would want to date happens to have a daughter (though, she doesn't live with her). She's not from MI, though so I don't see that our paths will ever personally cross. She happens to be an ally of my online CF friends and still does express some CF sentiments.

I can deal with kids and I help out other soldiers with theirs when they need it but...I am not parent material and I don't mind that. If I could adopt a kid when he hits 21 then maybe but I am going to do myself a favor and my would-be kid a favor and stay out of the baby scene...

But...I guess the situation could change and so could my mind...so until then I will practice making babies just in case.

Everyone I know is getting pregnant and becoming bored and miserable. Pestilence and I are still WINNING! :jamin:

Everyone I know is getting pregnant and becoming bored and miserable. Pestilence and I are still WINNING! :jamin:

Joey, I not only think it's NOT selfish to not want kids, but it's the other way around. The fact that you're willing to create a consciousness out of thin air for your own validation and enjoyment only to know that being will grow old and die, with no guarantee of any afterlife, is disgusting. I have NEVER been able to wrap my mind around it. MAYBE if you are TRUELY a "believer" I can understand why you would consider it a non-selfish act to bring a person into the world, but I always wondered how people who have any doubt about an afterlife can have the cojones to play God like that. It took me a long time when I was little to not hate my mother, and the only real reason I "forgave" her (remember, this was with a child's mentality) was because I was a surprise baby. I know some people will say "well, why not just enjoy it while it's here?" and I STILL can't fully comprehend that mentality no matter how hard I try. I also hate those "well it could be worse" type things when things are going wrong, I think of it as false reassurance. You shouldn't be happy just because things CAN be worse because things ALWAYS can be worse.

Joey, I not only think it's NOT selfish to not want kids, but it's the other way around. The fact that you're willing to create a consciousness out of thin air for your own validation and enjoyment only to know that being will grow old and die, with no guarantee of any afterlife, is disgusting. I have NEVER been able to wrap my mind around it. MAYBE if you are TRUELY a "believer" I can understand why you would consider it a non-selfish act to bring a person into the world, but I always wondered how people who have any doubt about an afterlife can have the cojones to play God like that. It took me a long time when I was little to not hate my mother, and the only real reason I "forgave" her (remember, this was with a child's mentality) was because I was a surprise baby. I know some people will say "well, why not just enjoy it while it's here?" and I STILL can't fully comprehend that mentality no matter how hard I try. I also hate those "well it could be worse" type things when things are going wrong, I think of it as false reassurance. You shouldn't be happy just because things CAN be worse because things ALWAYS can be worse.
Edited by Chernobyl

Oh...I also like my hips NOT cracked in half permanently. And I don't want mom tits, I know it's not a guarantee it will happen, but with my body type I could see it as a definite possibility. Guess I'm selfish a little bit after all :whistle::tongue:.

Oh...I also like my hips NOT cracked in half permanently. And I don't want mom tits, I know it's not a guarantee it will happen, but with my body type I could see it as a definite possibility. Guess I'm selfish a little bit after all :whistle::tongue:.

I know of a couple of you on here. Anyone else here who have no interest in having kids whatsoever?

Personally, I never wanted to have kids and am glad I never did. Too proudly selfish and I just really don't care for children or to be around them. I make no apologies.

no interest whatsoever... i do dig kids (in limited doses) but don't want my own. my sis has two, that's enough for me...

Edited by torn asunder

I hate the little brats!! I never want kids and I hope it stays that way. And I agree with Chernobyl I think it should be considered selfish to want kids especially when your a really stupid person that can't even take care of yourself. I know a lot of really dumb people shitting out kids and it bugs me to know end. :rant: I've said it before and I'll say it again stupid people need to be spayed and neutered (ya I know I'm going a little off topic)

I used to think I was going to grow up and have kids some day, be that cool mom who's the other half of a couple who owns a nice house with a big yard where all the kids want to come over and play. I clung to that vision for a few years. My last relationship ended and I realized that had I gotten married and had a family with him, I'd have been trapped.

I love kids, but I'd rather stick to being the fun baby-sitter or cool aunt who has time, money and energy to spoil her nieces and nephews when mommy and daddy want a day to themselves. I'd rather do that than bring an innocent, helpless body into the world. Parents can only do so much to teach their kids the right way. And I've no desire to create more waste on this planet. I'd rather take care of a child already on this planet, than make one of my own.

That and I'm the last of my family... I'd have to have a boy, outside of marriage, in order to carry on my last name. Nah... my oldest sister already stake claim to having all boys.

No kids for me thanks. I completely agree with it being a selfish act but I'm fine with that though since everything we do is ultimately selfish imho. I however don't make enough money to consider spawning nor am I ready to dedicate my life to said spawn.

I hate the little brats!! I never want kids and I hope it stays that way. And I agree with Chernobyl I think it should be considered selfish to want kids especially when your a really stupid person that can't even take care of yourself. I know a lot of really dumb people shitting out kids and it bugs me to know end. :rant: I've said it before and I'll say it again stupid people need to be spayed and neutered (ya I know I'm going a little off topic)

I swear, if I was better-looking...;)

I'm neither here nor there with the idea of children.

I guess I can see myself having a kid (might even have twins because I'm in the generation where there is a chance we can have twins). But that's way far in the future.

Edited by Eevee

I don't get the "your being selfish" crap if you don't want to have a kid. What is so selfish about not wanting to have a kid? I have never heard anyone say your being selfish if you don't want a dog. And I have both a dog and a kid and the dog is better behaved. Anyway I don't get the whole selfish thing. Before I had a kid I would be asked by people "do you have kids" and when I would say no they would ask me why and when I said I don't want any they would try to talk me into having one. And act like I was some kind of freak because I didn't want to have one. Personally I think my choice to have kids is none of their business. And I am not just talking family doing this I am talking just people I worked with would try to convince me that I should have kids. And it does not stop there. Once you have one kid, they try to talk you into having more. And if you do not want to have more they act like your some kind of freak and keep trying to talk you into having another kid!

Don't let people make you feel like their is something wrong with you for not having one. Their a lot of work. I remember one year for Christmas all I asked for was 8 hrs of sleep. I didn't get it.

Edited by LadyKay

I don't get the "your being selfish" crap if you don't want to have a kid. What is so selfish about not wanting to have a kid? I have never heard anyone say your being selfish if you don't want a dog. And I have both a dog and a kid and the dog is better behaved. Anyway I don't get the whole selfish thing. Before I had a kid I would be asked by people "do you have kids" and when I would say no they would ask me why and when I said I don't want any they would try to talk me into having one. And act like I was some kind of freak because I didn't want to have one. Personally I think my choice to have kids is none of their business. And I am not just talking family doing this I am talking just people I worked with would try to convince me that I should have kids. And it does not stop there. Once you have one kid, they try to talk you into having more. And if you do not want to have more they act like your some kind of freak and keep trying to talk you into having another kid!

Don't let people make you feel like their is something wrong with you for not having one. Their a lot of work. I remember one year for Christmas all I asked for was 8 hrs of sleep. I didn't get it.

I've noticed there are distinct types of women and men that try to talk you into having kids in a preachy way. Men will press on women, even women who are not their girlfriends, that we have to have children. These are also the same men who go by the rhetoric that women HAVE to be a certain way and men HAVE to be a certain way. My THEORY behind this is that these men are insecure deep-down and lay this down in a false pretense of "order", an order that they control. It is an ideal of control whether they realize it or not (because it's interesting to know many don't REALIZE the reason why they do this, they just do). Women who tend to do this are either ones who had children and are not happy with it and the whole thing with "misery loves company" kicks in. Other women who tend to this are the types who were either raised to believe they have to be that way, normally by either their father or rules enforced onto their mother by their father, or general notions they've picked up from friends or immediate society. In my mind, they're mentally compliant due to nurture.

And NOTE...because I know someone will either misread me or put words in my mouth, this is what I believe to be accurate regarding child-ZEALOTS, not people who have kids but do not force the notion that "everyone needs babies" on other people. It is also my opinion based on what I know to be true regarding psychology, and I'm clearly not an expert. I truly believe that anyone who pushes ANY idea, not just presenting the idea, is doing so out of insecurity, which in turn creates a control issue, and this just enforces that.

I've noticed there are distinct types of women and men that try to talk you into having kids in a preachy way. Men will press on women, even women who are not their girlfriends, that we have to have children. These are also the same men who go by the rhetoric that women HAVE to be a certain way and men HAVE to be a certain way. My THEORY behind this is that these men are insecure deep-down and lay this down in a false pretense of "order", an order that they control. It is an ideal of control whether they realize it or not (because it's interesting to know many don't REALIZE the reason why they do this, they just do). Women who tend to do this are either ones who had children and are not happy with it and the whole thing with "misery loves company" kicks in. Other women who tend to this are the types who were either raised to believe they have to be that way, normally by either their father or rules enforced onto their mother by their father, or general notions they've picked up from friends or immediate society. In my mind, they're mentally compliant due to nurture.

And NOTE...because I know someone will either misread me or put words in my mouth, this is what I believe to be accurate regarding child-ZEALOTS, not people who have kids but do not force the notion that "everyone needs babies" on other people. It is also my opinion based on what I know to be true regarding psychology, and I'm clearly not an expert. I truly believe that anyone who pushes ANY idea, not just presenting the idea, is doing so out of insecurity, which in turn creates a control issue, and this just enforces that.

Edited by Chernobyl

I have the utmost respect for people who realize kids are not for them and decide to make that choice. :)

As for me, I have kids, I love kids ... parenting isn't for everyone, but it is for me. :)