combichrist in detroit mon may 9th

here is all the information. If you need presale tickets get at any member froM BMM

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=141030262634252

each ticket bought from bmm you'll receive 2 free necto passes and a bmm sticker. hell of a deal eh?

$15 presales. its like 25 at the door(since harpos rapes you)

Are they opening for anyone good? Who are they opening for? I might sit through CombiChrist a third time, reluctantly, if the band they're opening for is something I'd like. The first time they opened for KMFDM and the second time they actually were the headliners I THINK...but I was hella drunk that night. LaPlegua used to be hot but he's a bit hit up in the face now and let his body go to shit, so I had to drink him attractive to make the second concert even worth the fifteen I threw down to see it. I'd check the FB page to see about the other bands, but I have no FB page so any info would be appreciated.

Are they opening for anyone good? Who are they opening for? I might sit through CombiChrist a third time, reluctantly, if the band they're opening for is something I'd like. The first time they opened for KMFDM and the second time they actually were the headliners I THINK...but I was hella drunk that night. LaPlegua used to be hot but he's a bit hit up in the face now and let his body go to shit, so I had to drink him attractive to make the second concert even worth the fifteen I threw down to see it. I'd check the FB page to see about the other bands, but I have no FB page so any info would be appreciated.

Combichrist is the headliner.

Supporting acts are iVardensphere, Star Killer, BMM, Eprom Colony.. and I think Mouth Sown Shut

Edited by damagedangel

lol. "ew ill pass"

you all bitch about not having shows. but when the biggest act in the industrial scene comes by. ya'll diss it. What all do you people what?

Talent

I've caught combicrap once and it was terrible.

I also don't bitch about their being no shows.

If someone else likes them, outstanding. I hope they have a wonderful time and its everything they hope for in a show. I just find no pleasure in their music at all and never have. So, ew. Ill pass.

lol. "ew ill pass"

you all bitch about not having shows. but when the biggest act in the industrial scene comes by. ya'll diss it. What all do you people what?

CombiChrist is NOT the biggest act in industrial...by FAR. Not actual legit industrial anyway. Yeah I'll bitch if it's a crappy band, I thought maybe they were opening for someone who was okay, but since they're headlining and are something I would never go to see, I wanted that info first.

I'll wait for one of the actual biggest acts in industrial to swing through again...Skinny Puppy :animier:.

CombiChrist is NOT the biggest act in industrial...by FAR. Not actual legit industrial anyway. Yeah I'll bitch if it's a crappy band, I thought maybe they were opening for someone who was okay, but since they're headlining and are something I would never go to see, I wanted that info first.

I'll wait for one of the actual biggest acts in industrial to swing through again...Skinny Puppy :animier:.

Edited by Chernobyl

lol. "ew ill pass"

Oh I don't know... Maybe something like the Mission show in london in October with the Nephilim and gene loves jezebel. Why can't we have any good dark culture shows in michigan or anywhere within a 300 mile radius.

I would almost settle for anything where the band members actually play their instruments. Every combichrist video I see the dude is playing the drums inaudibly while all you hear is a drum loop. I'm not sure why its not just a singer and one guy pressing play on his laptop.

Anyways I might go if anything to just meet people and have fun. I want to see EC.

Talent

HEY NOW...CombiChrist was worth it when LaPlegua was something to look at! You forgot that part :tongue:. But yeah no talent and now he's hit up...so pass.

HEY NOW...CombiChrist was worth it when LaPlegua was something to look at! You forgot that part :tongue:. But yeah no talent and now he's hit up...so pass.

if *I* have never heard of those artists, i doubbt they'd even be booked

Um practically every band that deadcat mentioned has been booked at Magic Stick.

Although I totally agree people need to wake up and smell its 2011, I just dont like combichrist much, especially the newer stuff with the metal sound.

I would like to see iVardensphere but I am pretty sure I will be seeing him at kinetik any ways. And I usually dont go to a show just for one band. Same reason im not going to the legends of synthpop tour. Only band I have any Desire to see is Mesh.

Edited by DJ Nocker

Actually I think LaPlegua has TONS of talent... its just Combichrist is not where he uses most of it... if ICON OF COIL were coming, that is a much better project from him IMO. I have no major problems with Combichrist mind you... it's just I cannot imagine spending money on them... they are kind of like industrial/ebm filler they kind of are the kind of music people dance to when drunk because they can move to it without thinking about what they are listening to, not really that engaging but has strong beats. Sort of like listening to 89x when driving, it is good background music because it is not distracting from the main task.

I personally like music that grabs the mind (and body) and demands the minds attention, I like active music listening as opposed to passive (and I think I may be in a minority if you listen to the radio or what a lot of club fodder is these days.)

Good acts not from the 80's or 90's (although LaPlegua himself has been doing music since the 90's)

(And these are just ones I can think of that have STARTED putting music out after 2000)

Destroid

Headscan

Hivepolitiks

Interlace

Hocico (I think they may have had something before the 00's)

Marching Dynamics

Dismantled

The Hungry Ghost

Life Cried

Unter Null

(to name a few.)

I'm not sure why its not just a singer and one guy pressing play on his laptop.

It is. I taken you haven't had the displeasure of seeing them live? Oh there's a guy in the back playing "drums" if you want to call that actual drumming (I mean, I'm a musician, so I don't, but some people might).

It is. I taken you haven't had the displeasure of seeing them live? Oh there's a guy in the back playing "drums" if you want to call that actual drumming (I mean, I'm a musician, so I don't, but some people might).

open yourself up to other aspects of performing live. its all about entertainment now a days. keeping the audience happy. if it takes 2 drummers playing together over a backing track. who cares?

they're out there playing for 100's of thousands of people while you sit at home (just saying)