Dumb Parlor Tricks

Destroit

We're a pretty creative talented group of people. There's writers here, designers, computer people, musicians, singers, actors, poets, artists, and whatever else have you. Anyone have any stupid hidden talents? Dumb little things, odd body tricks, impersonations, anything really that is unusual that you do that most others don't. Most people don't think to randomly share that sort of stuff with other people, so here's your chance!

We're a pretty creative talented group of people. There's writers here, designers, computer people, musicians, singers, actors, poets, artists, and whatever else have you. Anyone have any stupid hidden talents? Dumb little things, odd body tricks, impersonations, anything really that is unusual that you do that most others don't. Most people don't think to randomly share that sort of stuff with other people, so here's your chance!
Edited by Chernobyl

I am REALLY good at getting people mad, simply by speaking the truth. LoL

In all seriousness though, not really. I am pretty boring :)

This is a cool topic. I wish I had a cool talent.

I can roll my tongue, cross my index and middle finger and ring and pinky finger on one hand without using the other hand to help. My grandmother used to do it all the time and she thought she was so cool so I kept practicing, I don't actually think it's that cool though. I'm very good at painting ceramics though I haven't actually done it in over 10 years. I can sing pretty damn good too, in fact I sing constantly about ordinary things, I drive my family nuts! Also, I'm really good at stabbing people with sharp pointy objects:)

This is a cool topic. I wish I had a cool talent.

I can roll my tongue, cross my index and middle finger and ring and pinky finger on one hand without using the other hand to help. My grandmother used to do it all the time and she thought she was so cool so I kept practicing, I don't actually think it's that cool though. I'm very good at painting ceramics though I haven't actually done it in over 10 years. I can sing pretty damn good too, in fact I sing constantly about ordinary things, I drive my family nuts! Also, I'm really good at stabbing people with sharp pointy objects:)

Tongue rolling is cool. It's caused by genetics, some people cannot do it no matter what and no matter how hard they try. I can do it. I also can taste PTC, but that's not special because there's a higher percentage of people who are able to rather than not.

Tongue rolling is cool. It's caused by genetics, some people cannot do it no matter what and no matter how hard they try. I can do it. I also can taste PTC, but that's not special because there's a higher percentage of people who are able to rather than not.

I have a trick I can do with two wine corks that you can watch me do over and over, and you will never be able to repeat. It makes most people want to punch me in the face. Anytime I am around, you have two corks, and you're looking for an excuse to punch me in the face, just bring them over.

I have a trick I can do with two wine corks that you can watch me do over and over, and you will never be able to repeat. It makes most people want to punch me in the face. Anytime I am around, you have two corks, and you're looking for an excuse to punch me in the face, just bring them over.

Now I am intrigued...

Now I am intrigued...

I can do that one. And there's another one where you cross your arms, fold your hands, then ... well, it frustrates people almost as much as the corks.

I can flip my tongue, too, but only in one direction. I can get it to make a bowl shape and a clover shape, too, but I haven't found any use for it besides entertaining small children. I mastered gleeking in middle school, but it didn't make me any more popular (or unpopular either, actually). I'm pretty good at crossing my eyes and can sort of imitate this thingee with them:

executive_ball_toy_md.gif

Edited by taysteewonderbunny

• 2 weeks later...

Not exactly talent, but I got dumb tricks covered.

I can rotate my tongue 360, make the end do the clover thing, roll it AND use it as a straw.

I can do the 'invisible lip string' thing like this:

I can belly roll up and down.

I can also do the "cross my index and middle finger and ring and pinky finger on one hand without using the other hand to help" thing but I never knew it was anything special!

I can imitate the full barnyard of animal sounds. Cow, goat, sheep, chicken, pig, horse, donkey... oh, and a seagull too.

I can give the middle toe.

...I spent a lot of time alone as a kid. :X