Morrissey

Nerdcore

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Morrissey sucks hard.  Black Sunday why do you keep sticking up for him and Nick Cave?  You must be a real good friend of Lulu Vox's to say such nice things about her and her favorite bands but I disagree.  I have no idea why you have chosen to stand by her side during this argument.

see how easy this can be for me PH?

Do you want to play the easy way or the hard way?

What i (smartly) copied, very quickly before BS9 could edit:

Tell LulUvox that at least Morrissey isn't as sucky as Nick Cave.

oops!

no don't tell her I said that. Tell her it was....um......tell her it was Goth Brooks or someone, anyone, make up a username.

I'm sorry. Really I didn't mean it. I love Morrissey and the bad seeds, or whatever.

shyness is nice but shyness can stop you from doing all the things in life that you'd like to.

remember that kids. Uncle Morrissey has a lot of life lessons to teach each and every one of us.

guys Morrissey hasn't made a good album on over a decade.

Southpaw Grammar and Maladjusted are good albums, I think, He's not really been trying to write pop tunes and I think that's obvious by say the length of the first song on Southpaw grammar or like the lyrics of the first few songs on You Are the Quarry (ie).

To me, as Morrissey's voice has matured, it has gotton better and so each new album establishes more integrity for him as a musician, in my eyes.

Beyond these points, Morrissey is almost 50 years old. I don't know of a more solid rock album from someone of comparable age than 'You Are The Quarry'. His singing, his lyrics are still true to the 'mope rock' stlye he helped invent. He's lost nothing from that.

But to me, He's not really been the same since the Smiths, it's like he's missing something. To me, The Smiths were 50/50 Marr/Morrissey. They complimented eachother brilliantly. Marr's guitar has never sounded as well without Morrisseys lyrics or voice, far as I'm concerned either...but they are both still great.

I can't believe you Amanda, I'm so ticked off right now (lol)!

You know what? I'm silly; I actually meant to say Southpaw, not Vauxhall. I think Southpaw Grammar is an awesome record, and have nearly gotten into fistfights trying to convince people of this. The song Southpaw is one of the best songs in the whole history of his career.

But I hear what you're saying about You Are the Quarry. Compared to most people his age (*coughcoughRobertSmithcoughcough*), Morrissey has certainly maintained his integrity, and that still shows in his art. I'm just comparing Quarry to records like Your Arsenal, etc. and coming up short.

I think Maladjusted had a few good songs, but overall, I think it was a low-point. I thought that Quarry made up for that, though; every artist is entitled to ONE horrible album, as long as it isn't their last (David Bowie has Black Tie/White Noise, Iggy Pop has BlahBlahBlah, Roxy Music has Manifesto!, for example). Still, though, Quarry is definitely a tamer album than his classics.

Really, though, I'm just thrilled that he's still around, and doesn't totally suck. That's pretty rare, for sure.

There, Paul. Better now? =)

from www.malefirst.com

GOOD CHARLOTTE rocker CHRIS WILSON has quit the group, citing "personal health issues".

read the **** part****

The punk pop group announced the shock news about their drummer via their GOODCHARLOTTE.COM website, but the statement doesn't go into details about Wilson's health problems.

The group writes, "We have made a collective decision to have Chris stay around his friends and family and begin to truly rehabilitate.

"This has not been easy on any of us. We loved playing with Chris so much. We hope everyone will be respectful and understand the situation and pray that Chris gets better."

Wilson became Good Charlotte's regular drummer in 2002 for the recording of their hit album THE CHRONICLES OF LIFE & DEATH.

The group have yet to announce who Wilson's full-time replacement will be, but ALKALINE TRIO drummer DEREK GRANT has been performing with the hitmakers during shows Wilson was too sick to attend.

******MORRISSEY's drummer DEAN BUTTERWORTH will join the group on tour this summer (05) when they hit the road with pals SIMPLE PLAN.*******

:ohmy: :fear

Archived